Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watch this, and you will want him...
This wasn't against the Eastern Michigan's of the world, either. And we all saw what he did against a very stout Michigan defense. This guy's acceleration after a cut is phenomenal. Watch at around the 1 minute mark the slight jump back he does to a guy trying to wrap him up low...then he just floors is and leaves the guy on the ground behind him.

With Cook and Sexy early on, and (hopefully) Gio 100% by mid-season, this is the running back grouping that prevents predictability, allows for pass options with all three, and could be the missing piece of the puzzle for the offense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz_TN_sC0Ww
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 12:47 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This wasn't against the Eastern Michigan's of the world, either.  And we all saw what he did against a very stout Michigan defense.  This guy's acceleration after a cut is phenomenal.  Watch at around the 1 minute mark the slight jump back he does to a guy trying to wrap him up low...then he just floors is and leaves the guy on the ground behind him.  

With Cook and Sexy early on, and (hopefully) Gio 100% by mid-season, this is the running back grouping that prevents predictability, allows for pass options with all three, and could be the missing piece of the puzzle for the offense.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz_TN_sC0Ww

Cook has phenomenal vision, and can make guys miss in the phone booth.  He has the potential to be a special player.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 12:47 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This wasn't against the Eastern Michigan's of the world, either.  And we all saw what he did against a very stout Michigan defense.  This guy's acceleration after a cut is phenomenal.  Watch at around the 1 minute mark the slight jump back he does to a guy trying to wrap him up low...then he just floors is and leaves the guy on the ground behind him.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hz_TN_sC0Ww

I love his ability to catch passes downfield .i think thats something that is missing with Hill and makes our offense predictable,He seems like the perfect 3 down back for our system.
Reply/Quote
Impressive. I love the second & third efforts he gives.

Reply/Quote
I can live with cook in the first round. I just want an impact player. He reminds me of Gale Sayers the way he runs.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 01:46 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I can live with cook in the first round.  I just want an impact player.  He reminds me of Gale Sayers the way he runs.

Hey, you're showing your age,  lol.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This draft is to deep at HB to get one in the top 10 with so many other needs. If you wait until te 2nd you could possibly get D'Onta Foreman.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 03:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: This draft is to deep at HB to get one in the top 10 with so many other needs. If you wait until te 2nd you could possibly get D'Onta Foreman.

You make a good point but, otoh, Cook looks like a guy who can gain yards without great blocking.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I like him but I'd take Fournette over him if both are still on the board.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 03:21 PM)McC Wrote: Hey, you're showing your age,  lol.

LOL
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 03:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: This draft is to deep at HB to get one in the top 10 with so many other needs. If you wait until te 2nd you could possibly get D'Onta Foreman.

I'd rather draft Alvin Kamara if the Bengals draft a RB in the second.  Complete back with passing game chops, good wheels, low mileage, and, unlike Joe Mixon,  no assault/battery charges against women.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

I would take Foreman in a heart beat. I would also like the kid from Boise St. if we cant get Foreman.
Reply/Quote
They say defense wins championships, and I expect us to take a DE or a LB, but I wouldn't pass on this guy, not with our situation at RB. Our defense played pretty well down the stretch.

By the way, I know I'm totally all over the place in my thinking on what the Bengals SHOULD do. What they will do has almost always been pretty unpredictable. I think most of us predicted that we'd take AJ. Otherwise, how many of us weren't at least somewhat surprised by our pick of Eifert, Dennard, Oghehi, or Jackson?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 03:50 AM)Shady Wrote: They say defense wins championships, and I expect us to take a DE or a LB, but I wouldn't pass on this guy, not with our situation at RB. Our defense played pretty well down the stretch.

By the way, I know I'm totally all over the place in my thinking on what the Bengals SHOULD do. What they will do has almost always been pretty unpredictable. I think most of us predicted that we'd take AJ. Otherwise, how many of us weren't at least somewhat surprised by our pick of Eifert, Dennard, Oghehi, or Jackson?

wasn't surprised by Jackson pick he was a river through the the while process. Was hoping they would reach for Thomas but they didn't. When the top receivers went of the board I knew it was Jackson or Thomas. The others were a surprise though.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 03:50 AM)Shady Wrote: They say defense wins championships, and I expect us to take a DE or a LB, but I wouldn't pass on this guy, not with our situation at RB. Our defense played pretty well down the stretch.

Ogbuehi was the only surprise to me on that list...the others were no brainers. 

I don't care what every other team has done as far as when they take a RB, etc.  The Bengals need explosive weapons and, IMHO, Cook is the most explosive offensive player in the entire draft. 

I completely agree with what you are saying about defense, and DE will likely be a very early selection as well but this guy makes an immediate impact on the Bengals greatest weakness.  

If the Bengals get a first or early second for McCarron, it would most likely be on one of a number of pass rushers.  
Reply/Quote
Would love to see us trade back a few spots with someone (Cardinals or Redskins) who may want a QB ahead of the Bills or even the Browns. Pick up extra picks in a draft deep with DL and Secondary talent and draft Cook. Then you can attempt to package Hill and a late round pick (maybe the Packers or Lions) to move up in the 3rd round or late 2nd. But we will draft a DE in round 1 and keep Hill until his contract expires.

[Image: sig.jpg]

[Image: monkeysridingdogsherdingsheep1.gif?w=1000]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 04:03 PM)McC Wrote: You make a good point but, otoh, Cook looks like a guy who can gain yards without great blocking.

With our OL he, or any RB, will be without good blocking and great blocking will be a wishful thought.

Reply/Quote
Honestly, everyone has someone to throw out after round 1 they'd like, my point is in a deep draft a top 10 pick on a HB seems like a reach. Besides Zeke top 10 HBs haven't fared real well as of late. In Zeke's case he went into the perfection situation, which we are not.
Reply/Quote
Bengals love to run out of the shotgun it seems,  fits cook perfectly , we  could use alot of guys at 9 but we get cook, we're getting a guy that can take any play to the house at any time .

Look at Atlanta , they use both their backs as receivers alot of the time. Having gio and cook would make this offense alot more explosive.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2017, 03:19 PM)The Burfict Answer Wrote: Bengals love to run out of the shotgun it seems,  fits cook perfectly , we  could use alot of guys at 9 but we get cook, we're getting a guy that can take any play to the house at any time .

Look at Atlanta , they use both their backs as receivers alot of the time. Having gio and cook would make this offense alot more explosive.

They took those guys in the 3rd and 4th round, more to my point that HB almost more than any position can find very good guys later in drafts.
Reply/Quote