Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watson now suspended 11 games/$5 million fine-update
new and improved

He also must get his massages from team employees

NFLPA asks the NFL not to appeal

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I still say he spent last year not playing so it should be 1 year with time already served. He may have to pay a fine too.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
The fact that the NFLPA and Deshaun Watson, in that joint statement, said that they will stand by the ruling is an indication to me that it is less than a year. Watson already said last month that if he was suspended a whole year, he'd sue the NFL.

So I hope everyone is looking forward to an 8 game suspension announcement, because that's probably as bad as it will get, if I'm divining the tea leaves properly.
Reply/Quote
Yep, just 6 games...

Reply/Quote
Considering they only have 2 even remotely difficult games in their first 6 games, I think 4-2 is probably right. Maybe they drop 1 easy one due to poor QB play, putting them at 3-3.
Reply/Quote
It’s *Watson* and there was literally a thread on the 1st page for this…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The NFL gave them the easiest schedule for games 1-6. Now a 6 game suspension. Think that's a coincidence?

The NFL kind of painted themselves into a corner going so light on owners like Kraft. When a 3rd party looked at this, that had to factor in.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 10:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The NFL gave them the easiest schedule for games 1-6. Now a 6 game suspension. Think that's a coincidence?

The NFL kind of painted themselves into a corner going so light on owners like Kraft. When a 3rd party looked at this, that had to factor in.

The schedule is too complicated of a process to rig.  There are literally thousands of variables that go into making the league schedule work.  

Besides, there’s no guarantee that it would work even if they tried to do it.  The “strength of schedule” stat is based on each team’s performance from the previous year, but between the draft, free agency and various other transactions, every single team has a different roster than it did at the end of last season.  Some teams will improve, and others will decline.  So, saying “they have the easiest schedule” isn’t the sure bet that you think it is. 

Finally, I don’t really get what incentive the NFL would have to rig things in the Browns’ favor in the first place.  Why would their success be better for the NFL than any other team’s?
Reply/Quote
Thought he get more than 6 games but at least he is being held to some standard for his actions
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 12:26 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I still say he spent last year not playing so it should be 1 year with time already served. He may have to pay a fine too.

It is not time served.  He got paid his salary NOT to play last year.  A 25 mil$ vacation.
Reply/Quote
This result is absolutely disgusting. I hope Goodell over rides the judge and suspends him indefinitely.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 11:47 AM)Stewy Wrote: This result is absolutely disgusting.  I hope Goodell over rides the judge and suspends him indefinitely.

The ruling has "rubbed" you the wrong way, you should seek therapy maybe they can give you a hand in recovery...
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 10:16 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The NFL gave them the easiest schedule for games 1-6. Now a 6 game suspension. Think that's a coincidence?

Bengals have history of violence against women

Multiple arrests since 2000 preceded drafting of Joe Mixon

https://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/bengals-have-history-of-violence-against-women

The Bengals' record includes:

• Eight arrests involving reported attacks on women since 2000, according to media databases that track NFL player arrests.

• A league-leading number of arrests and citations between 2000 and 2009.

• A claim by a former player's abused wife that the Bengals advised her to call club officials -- not the police -- when her husband attacked her so the club could avoid bad publicity.

It also shows when top players were accused of attacking women, the Bengals kept them on the team. Lesser players were dismissed, but sometimes later rather than sooner.

In 2006, the Bengals drafted a player who had been accused of sexual assault five months earlier and allowed him to remain on the team for a year while he had two more arrests. 

After the Bengals drafted Mixon last week, Lewis said the Oklahoma running back, who was 18 when he punched a 20-year-old woman and broke four bones in her face

Hmmm...let thee who has not sinned cast the first stone!

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 01:36 PM)Vambo Wrote: Bengals have history of violence against women

Multiple arrests since 2000 preceded drafting of Joe Mixon

https://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/bengals-have-history-of-violence-against-women

The Bengals' record includes:

• Eight arrests involving reported attacks on women since 2000, according to media databases that track NFL player arrests.

• A league-leading number of arrests and citations between 2000 and 2009.

• A claim by a former player's abused wife that the Bengals advised her to call club officials -- not the police -- when her husband attacked her so the club could avoid bad publicity.

It also shows when top players were accused of attacking women, the Bengals kept them on the team. Lesser players were dismissed, but sometimes later rather than sooner.

In 2006, the Bengals drafted a player who had been accused of sexual assault five months earlier and allowed him to remain on the team for a year while he had two more arrests. 

After the Bengals drafted Mixon last week, Lewis said the Oklahoma running back, who was 18 when he punched a 20-year-old woman and broke four bones in her face

Hmmm...let thee who has not sinned cast the first stone!

all that typing and watson is still a piece of human garbage. 
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 04:12 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: all that typing and watson is still a piece of human garbage. 

Well Watson is crap but those listed that beat the shit out of women a few ex bengals some their favorite bengals maybe they are human garbage
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 04:12 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: all that typing and watson is still a piece of human garbage. 

Latching on to a garbage organization...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 04:12 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: all that typing and watson is still a piece of human garbage. 

OK feel better now?

It seems you're more concerned he will beat your team than if he did any of those things no court would try him for, that's why you want him out not because you care about any of those women.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 06:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well Watson is crap but those listed that beat the shit out of women a few ex bengals some their favorite bengals maybe they are human garbage

Those listed in my post were all Ex Bengals.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 06:52 PM)jason Wrote: Latching on to a garbage organization...

The Bengals?...with all those players that beat women?

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 08:14 PM)Vambo Wrote: The Bengals?...with all those players that beat women?

Cool 5 year old article...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote