Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way to not trade anyone
(10-29-2019, 09:18 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Given MB's age and his family eventually taking over, I seriously would not be shocked to see that is the plan.  Piss off the local tax payers enough to encourage Hamilton County to allow them break the lease and move to another market where they can make a newer and better stadium deal.  They have 7 years left on the current deal.  It is going to be a hard sell the way the team is currently managed and performing to sell tax payers on funding anything Bengals stadium related past 2026.

My guess is within 7 years the team will be sold or make a deal that moves to a larger market like San Antonio, Portland, or Oklahoma City.  After all PBS has been struggling with filling the seats even during the best of years.

Side note: Man I can't believe I'm talking about the Bengals in 2026.  This makes me feel old.

I find it hard to believe any city would vote to accept this shit show we have endured for the last 30 years. A lot of cities want a NFL team but this team doesn't qualify as a NFL team. Face it we are stuck with them.
Reply/Quote
Maybe the plan is to make the team as bad as possible to punish Cordy Glenn?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 09:50 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Those picks could have went a long way toward retooling the team.  Weather they used them in the draft, or as trade collateral for an OL or LB, or whatever.  At some point, someone within the Management has to recognize that this stubbornness, articulated as "we're not trying to make other teams better", is only holding this very team back from moving forward.

What good does benching Andy do?  None.  Does anyone really think he will ever be resettled and completely comfortable as the starter again?  Nope.  They should have made the deal.

Yeah...not how the Bengals roll.

I feel like they think that injuries are the issue...and when healthy, we're a good team.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 08:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: No one was really dealing at the deadline. The media built it up to be far bigger a moment then what it was. The reality is outside of Eiffert we can still trade everyone after the season and many will have more value if they can rebound in the second half. Even Eiffert could be brought back on another cheap deal since he has had a pretty lack luster season and he could just value familiarity at this point.

This really wasn't this organizational changing moment like people made it out to be. I actually think we will move on from some guys after the season as potential pieces in jockeying for draft position.

Yup.  The Jets basically advertised a fire sale and couldn't get a deal done either.  
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 07:57 PM)Trademark Wrote: Gotta love this lackluster organization....

I don't think it's as much of a lackluster organization as it is a delusional organization.
They think they are better than we think they are.
Maybe they are right, but we've all learned to not believe it until we see it.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 10:04 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe the plan is to make the team as bad as possible to punish Cordy Glenn?

A better way would be to make the team as good as possible and keep him on the bench. Show him that the team doesn't even need him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 09:18 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Given MB's age and his family eventually taking over, I seriously would not be shocked to see that is the plan.  Piss off the local tax payers enough to encourage Hamilton County to allow them break the lease and move to another market where they can make a newer and better stadium deal.  They have 7 years left on the current deal.  It is going to be a hard sell the way the team is currently managed and performing to sell tax payers on funding anything Bengals stadium related past 2026.

My guess is within 7 years the team will be sold or make a deal that moves to a larger market like San Antonio, Portland, or Oklahoma City.  After all PBS has been struggling with filling the seats even during the best of years.

Side note: Man I can't believe I'm talking about the Bengals in 2026.  This makes me feel old.

Hamilton County has breached the PBS lease numerous times. If Mike wanted to opt out he could based on late/non payments and the county not paying for all the stadium renovations and upkeep agreed to in the lease.  Ironically, he put the county over the barrel for PBS based on late/non payments from the Riverfront lease.  

He's made it clear he's not looking to move and Katie has echoed that sentiment.  They also aren't going to get public money for a new stadium.  The best solution is probably to build the stadium accross the river so the Brown family and Hamilton County won't have to deal with each other.
Reply/Quote
I'd normally shame people for quitting on a team, but if there's ever been an exception, it's this one. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered it.

I never will, unless they move, but there are times...one just has to question what the point of all this is. It's not much fun and fans get very, very little satisfaction out of this franchise. It's supposed to be entertainment, but it's tantamount to getting smacked in the nuts with a really soft mallet.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 10:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: A better way would be to make the team as good as possible and keep him on the bench. Show him that the team doesn't even need him.

I think it's a bit late to convince anyone that we don't need o line help .
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2019, 08:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Did you actually expect Mike Brown to put anybody on the trading block? I certainly didn’t.

He is going to do what he always does, he will keep our over the hill FAs and pay out the minimum he has to. AJ will get a seventy million deal over the next three years while MB continues to ignore the top FAs.
Reply/Quote