Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way too Early Weather Forecast
Cold - benefits the Bengals
Snow - who knows, definitely won't help Joe B.

Cold and dry sounds nice.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 01:40 PM)M.W. Wrote: Cold - benefits the Bengals

Especially considering the Bengals are PRACTICING in the cold. On the Locked On Podcast, the guys mentioned the Bengals are practicing at PB stadium this week meaning they're already ready for the cold. So even though people are downplaying the cold weather effect on Vegas, I see it as an advantage for the Bengals as they'll already be used to the cold by game time on Saturday.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 01:40 PM)M.W. Wrote: Cold - benefits the Bengals
Snow - who knows, definitely won't help Joe B.

Cold and dry sounds nice.

Especially because the stadium staff at PBS does not wipe the seats down....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Will the OL come out bare armed a la the Freezer Bowl?
Reply/Quote
Why did so many want snow? Snow and rain are equalizers...you're essentially give the worse team an advantage. Straight up cold weather should benefit us, but any snow is likely going to bring our odds of winning down.

EDIT: Looking back, this was said almost word for word earlier in the thread, but I'll leave it for reiteration. We DO NOT want snow. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 02:29 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: Especially because the stadium staff at PBS does not wipe the seats down....

No kidding.  Every time you go in there it looks like a rodeo was held sometime during the prior week.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 02:41 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Why did so many want snow? Snow and rain are equalizers...you're essentially give the worse team an advantage. Straight up cold weather should benefit us, but any snow is likely going to bring our odds of winning down.

EDIT: Looking back, this was said almost word for word earlier in the thread, but I'll leave it for reiteration. We DO NOT want snow. 

Because snow is...

[Image: 838963184_350188.gif]

Maybe some aren't saying it outright but perhaps they wanted it to just for atmosphere.  I get that, and if I'm not driving to/from a game, I too enjoy watching a snowy game.  But the point you and others have raised is valid, and it looks like we'll get just what we need weather-wise.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 02:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Because snow is...

Maybe some aren't saying it outright but perhaps they wanted it to just for atmosphere.  I get that, and if I'm not driving to/from a game, I too enjoy watching a snowy game.  But the point you and others have raised is valid, and it looks like we'll get just what we need weather-wise.  

Yeah, I like watching snow games is the only reason I would want it. But not at the cost of helping the Raiders any.

Anyways, as others have said, a cold game helps us MUCH more than the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 02:53 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Because snow is...

Oh, hell yeah. Atmosphere wise? I'm down for the snow game. 

If I see a snow game on TV, it stays on regardless of who the teams are. 
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 01:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Especially considering the Bengals are PRACTICING in the cold. On the Locked On Podcast, the guys mentioned the Bengals are practicing at PB stadium this week meaning they're already ready for the cold. So even though people are downplaying the cold weather effect on Vegas, I see it as an advantage for the Bengals as they'll already be used to the cold by game time on Saturday.

And don't forget that the fact that the Bengals practicing AT ALL is an advantage. Vegas literally won't get more than 2 practices this week. Tuesday was an off day, Wednesday was a walk through, and Thursday (might) have been a real practice. They will be on a plane tomorrow. EXTREMELY short week for them to prepare.  
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I have always said, high winds and heavy downpours are far worse than 20 degree weather and snow.

If it is not windy, Burrow and Carr will be just fine throwing the ball. Kickers may lose some distance due to cold, but wind is the key to accuracy from distance.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It is way too early to predict the weather. We know things can change quickly on Saturday. Could be freezing or warm. Depends on the jet stream and systems coming out of the North or South.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote