10 mph wind
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 01:49 PM)pally Wrote:  

Saw that and I'm already licking my crippled chops!

Going to lay some serious coin on us!

Has me excited already!

I saw that we're practicing outside, which is good to be ready for the elements, but I'm just wondering if it's worth the risk of players getting sick and just feeling like shit because of the cold. Practice in the elements you play in and I get that, but is it necessary to do that for more than one day or even at all considering that the players will be in that weather all the time anyways?
Reply/Quote
So, all mention of snow has now disappeared.

NWS:

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.

Weather Channel:

Overcast. High 29F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph.

In two hours they'll both say 43 and driving rains.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 01:49 PM)pally Wrote:  

Do we have any info on how Burrow has performed in similar conditions ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 09:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Do we have any info on how Burrow has performed in similar conditions ?

Enjoyed some of these quotes from the players on the weather:

Left tackle Jonah Williams: "Ideal football weather for an O-lineman is definitely colder than probably for any other position group. This December-January weather's been great."

Wilson, who grew up in Wyoming: "Cold weather makes everything hurt a little bit more … I think my senior year my state championship game was below zero at kickoff. We did win it and I wanted to wear no sleeves, but our coach said we didn't have a choice. We had to wear sleeves because you'd basically get hypothermia if you didn't. I remember after the game the inside of my facemask was completely frosted."
Reply/Quote
man i really wanted snow
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 11:12 PM)basballguy Wrote: man i really wanted snow

Given how most in SW Ohio drive in the snow (Nervous Nellies versus Lunatic Larrys) it's probably a blessing.  

Have you thought what your new sig will be after your visit?  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 11:15 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Given how most in SW Ohio drive in the snow (Nervous Nellies versus Lunatic Larrys) it's probably a blessing.  

Have you thought what your new sig will be after your visit?  

Bengalholic is cooking up a new graphic for me :) 
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 09:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: So, all mention of snow has now disappeared.  

NWS:

Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.

Weather Channel:

Overcast. High 29F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph.

In two hours they'll both say 43 and driving rains.

We must have snow….
Reply/Quote
Who knows, I remember the Raiders - Patriots infamous playoff game that was gifted to the patriots by the refs. The team can play in any weather in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 02:20 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Who knows, I remember the Raiders - Patriots infamous playoff game that was gifted to the patriots by the refs. The team can play in any weather in the playoffs.

The old tuck game....
Reply/Quote
Going back even further, the Raiders broke the Browns' hearts on a weather day that was almost as bad as the Freezer Bowl.
Reply/Quote
Latest from Accuweather (Thursday am) is around the start of the game the temperature will be 25 degrees with a real-feel of 14 degrees due to the wind, and a hour later about 24 degrees with a real-feel of 12 degrees. Near end of game 23 degrees and real-feel of 11 degrees. But no snow.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:04 AM)Nepa Wrote: Latest from Accuweather (Thursday am) is around the start of the game the temperature will be  25 degrees with a real-feel of 14 degrees due to the wind, and a hour later about 24 degrees with a real-feel of 12 degrees. But no snow.

I was listening to the news this morning while getting ready for work and they were calling for a winter storm today in the midwest that will move east, and showed Kentucky and Ohio getting a lot of it.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was listening to the news this morning while getting ready for work and they were calling for a winter storm today in the midwest that will move east, and showed Kentucky and Ohio getting a lot of it.

Accuweather has the snow arriving Sunday morning.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:10 AM)Nepa Wrote: Accuweather has the snow arriving Sunday morning.

Figures.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Figures.

But isn't it better there not be snow?  Snow is a great equalizer and the Bengals have the superior talent and are playing at home. I think cold weather probably benefits the Bengals, but with snow you never know how it is going to impact games. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2022, 10:42 AM)Nepa Wrote: But isn't it better there not be snow?  Snow is a great equalizer and the Bengals have the superior talent and are playing at home. I think cold weather probably benefits the Bengals, but with snow you never know how it is going to impact games. 

I think the big difference in this game is going to be the field, so you're probably correct. In LV, we ran the ball on them with Mixon on that piece of crap they call a field, and he kept slipping until he changed his cleats at the half. On our turf, he won't be slipping and sliding, and should be able to gash them for huge gains.
Reply/Quote
Todays update:

Saturday
JANUARY 15
Mostly Cloudy
High 31°F
Low 19°F
Chance of
precip
20%

The said they would have a better idea of Saturdays weather when the system came through yesterday. Looks like this is most likely what Saturday is going to look like. Cold and gloomy with a slight chance of snow. I'll take it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 09:18 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Going back even further, the Raiders broke the Browns' hearts on a weather day that was almost as bad as the Freezer Bowl.

Red Right 88, a phrase I need to throw out to my buddy who's a Browns fan every time he starts talking smack and needs to be brought to heel.  Rutigliano told Sipe to throw the ball into Lake Erie if no one was open, and thankfully Sipe did not listen and tried to force the ball to Ozzie.  Great game.  
Reply/Quote