Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way too Early Weather Forecast
Raiders might not like this too much….

Variable clouds with snow showers. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 40%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:53 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Raiders might not like this too much….

Variable clouds with snow showers. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 40%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

Does this help us though? Probably helps the defence, but I'm not sure we welcome anything that could inhibit our pass attack.

Guess it helps us if Mixon can put up the yards he did in the first game.
Reply/Quote
If the Raiders don't like it, some old Chargers would remind them that it could be a million times worse.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:53 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: Raiders might not like this too much….

And that is during the day. Game doesn't start until 4:30pm, so temperatures could drop into the 20s soon after game starts and feel a lot colder. 

Seems Carr spent his whole career, incl. college, in warm climates.
Reply/Quote
WHO DEY

It is supposed to snow from Philly to Pittsburgh to Cincinnati. So I will be driving 16+ hours over 1,000 miles in the snow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We should start taking bets on to what extent the announcers talk about the weather factoring into the game play and if they mention, "This is what AFC North football is about." Then they'll go on a tangent conversation about the 'Steelers way' of building a run team for weather like today's game. Then the announcer will make a joke about how the Bengals sure do like to let Burrow throw it and when you got "that guy" it is easy to do instead of running the ball. I mean hell, I should just watch the game on mute.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 03:52 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We should start taking bets on to what extent the announcers talk about the weather factoring into the game play and if they mention, "This is what AFC North football is about." Then they'll go on a tangent conversation about the 'Steelers way' of building a run team for weather like today's game. Then the announcer will make a joke about how the Bengals sure do like to let Burrow throw it and when you got "that guy" it is easy to do instead of running the ball. I mean hell, I should just watch the game on mute.

I'll give Drew Bress the benefit of the doubt since his coaches in new orleans have also worked with Burrow when he was at LSU
Reply/Quote
Within the past few hours the Weather Channel revised their forecast a bit. Now a few degrees colder but with less snow accumulation:

Quote:Variable clouds with snow showers. High 29F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 40%. Snowfall around one inch.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 06:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Within the past few hours the Weather Channel revised their forecast a bit.  Now a few degrees colder but with less snow accumulation:

Every time I look at the forecast the damn temperature drops even more.  Now at 28.  Gonna stop looking.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Damn....... changed from last night because, in a group chat that has the friends I'm going to the game with, we were talking about how it was supposed to be between 28 and 38 with rain in the morning!

Oh well........ let's hope the cold and time adjustment messes with the Raiders big time and throws them way off their game!

I think Philon being out for us makes it even more necessary for us to just run it down their throats!

Force them to load the box because we're moving the ball with such ease and then play action and go up-top to Chase!

Bring on the snow! The crippled section is covered so I'm good!

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 10:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Bring on the snow! The crippled section is covered so I'm good!

Hilarious

Your still gonna need the tire chains to get there. Think ahead Brad and don't get a DUI leaving the stadium after a strong victory.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 09:30 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Every time I look at the forecast the damn temperature drops even more.  Now at 28.  Gonna stop looking.  

Yeah, just saw that. Accuweather has a high of 28 and down to 20 at night. So figure below 28 soon after game starts.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 10:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your still gonna need the tire chains to get there. Think ahead Brad and don't get a DUI leaving the stadium after a strong victory.

What's a cop going to do? Ask me to walk a straight line?

Gotta think these things through!

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47xu467dopnjxdhw6jjf...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
Zac was asked about the weather yesterday being an advantage. He didn't say much, but noted, "It's not a disadvantage" for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:27 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Zac was asked about the weather yesterday being an advantage. He didn't say much, but noted, "It's not a disadvantage" for the Bengals.

The Bengals being a Midwest team while practicing outdoors weekly is an advantage (it would seem).
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:27 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Zac was asked about the weather yesterday being an advantage. He didn't say much, but noted, "It's not a disadvantage" for the Bengals.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don't think the weather will be that much of a factor for either team.
Reply/Quote
Zac said as long as it remains dry they will be outdoors for practices. It is just a little cold. If precipitation interferes with practice they will head to UC

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 03:50 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: WHO DEY

It is supposed to snow from Philly to Pittsburgh to Cincinnati. So I will be driving 16+ hours over 1,000 miles in the snow.

Please be safe!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 03:50 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: WHO DEY

That kind of dedication has to move the hearts of the Football Gods.
Reply/Quote