Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Way too early AquaMock 1.0
1) Nick Petit-Frere OT Ohio State
[Image: 126904_h.jpg]

I usually hate homer OSU picks, but this guy is legit the real deal. My favorite Tackle and second favorite offensive lineman available in the draft.   Superb pass protector who has experience playing the right and left side. If he's there at 32 we better be sprinting to get the pick in. Jonah and Nick can bookend this line for years to come. 

2) John Ridgeway DT Arkansas
[Image: tmytqn0pqlmv6lwruucv]

Very strong DT with good technique too. He's not going to put up eye popping numbers, but he's got the potential to have a very long productive career. 

3) Zach Tom C Wake Forest
[Image: usa_today_9601423.0.jpg]

A little undersized at 295. Will need to add some strength at the NFL level. Quick athletic blocker. One of the more fluid and athletic linemen available. Give him some time in an NFL weight room and he could become a great center in this league. 

4) Tariq Woolen CB Texas-San Antonio
[Image: kFj5oJvV_400x400.jpg]

One of my favorite prospects in the entire draft (I love tall athletic corners, sue me). Converted from WR to CB. He's an athletic freak at 6'4", but is still very raw as a corner. Although, he has shown consistent improvement in his 2 years of starting. His stock could skyrocket with a good showing at the senior bowl and combine. If it doesn't, he still could be the biggest steal of the draft, or out of the league in a few years. I'm betting on the former. 

4comp) Nick Grant S Virginia 
[Image: U5RXIRBPVJAGXMIJET4TRUGQIU.JPG&w=1440]

Assuming we get a 4th round comp pick. Good skill set to be an NFL starter: Tall and quick. Solid rangey free safety, but has underwhelmed a little bit in his college career. Basically just insurance in case Bates isn't resigned long-term. 

5) Lecitus Smith G Virginia Tech
[Image: 10597074.jpeg]

Good size and strength. Solid run blocker. His weakness is definitely pass protection, more specifically his ability to handle speed rushers. 

6) Daniel Barker TE Illinois 
[Image: nJmPg0qu_400x400.jpg]

Flashed some receiving ability during his time at Illinois, but was never targeted very much. Can hold his own blocking. Bye Bye Sample. 

7) Tanner Conner WR Idaho State
[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-06-14-at-7.07.29-PM.png]

Not great speed, but shows the size and strength to create mismatches. Can surprise defenders with his ability (and willingness) to run block. Will most likely struggle to get separation at the NFL level.  
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Checks a lot of boxes. Would be a solid draft!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 11:49 PM)Benton Wrote: Checks a lot of boxes. Would be a solid draft!

Lmao.
Reply/Quote
What are your views on Daniel faalele

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 05:56 AM)Storer50 Wrote: What are your views on Daniel faalele

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Massively strong (and just plain massive) dude. I have a feeling a team will reach for him in the 2nd. He's got a lot of potential, but he's also very raw and his technique isn't great. Maybe Pollack could coach him up, but he's gonna need at least a year of limited snaps and lots of practice reps. 

If he's who we are relying on to fix our RT problem (or maybe even slide into RG) immediately, then I'll be concerned. If we shore up the line in free agency and he can sit an learn for a year or two then I'll be okay with it. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Solid but unexciting draft.
If the Bengals didn't nail FA, I don't think this would fix the gaps.

NPF is a good choice and I think he's a good fit if he falls to 31/32. I'm seeing him listed in the early 20's now in prospect rankings, so he could go sooner. I think he can be a plug-and-play RT.

Ridgeway kinda reminds me of Peko. He's not going to jump off the stat sheet, but he's well-rounded. Solid pick if a backup, but I don't think fans would be too excited for him if he's the best guy you have to start next to Reader.

I've not heard of Zach Tom. Haven't seen him in any prospect rankings I've looked at recently (or somehow I missed him).
EDIT - Found out why. TDN has him listed as prospect 264, which is UDFA. I don't typically go down that far.

The CB and G taken in Rds 4 and 5 sound like fine depth pieces, but no way would they be ready to start, IMO.
Bengals would have to make sure G and CB starters are properly covered in FA to allow for waiting until Day 3 to address these spots.

I hadn't heard of the TE, but I typically stay away from TEs who don't have much receiving production in college. It usually doesn't translate well to the NFL. Uzomah is kind of a rare exception, finally showing some receiving production in his 4th year.
With that said, I doubt this guy would knock Sample off the roster. Sample still has a year left, so he'll probably remain TE2 with this guy as TE3 as a rookie (or PS).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 10:20 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Massively strong (and just plain massive) dude. I have a feeling a team will reach for him in the 2nd. He's got a lot of potential, but he's also very raw and his technique isn't great. Maybe Pollack could coach him up, but he's gonna need at least a year of limited snaps and lots of practice reps. 

If he's who we are relying on to fix our RT problem (or maybe even slide into RG) immediately, then I'll be concerned. If we shore up the line in free agency and he can sit an learn for a year or two then I'll be okay with it. 

There are some people who think Faalele could go in late 1st. He's highly athletic for his size.
I could see someone like the Titans liking him, as he's a mammoth who can still move some. You're not pushing this guy back in the pocket. The only hope is getting around him with speed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Love that you drafted Woolen and Tom!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote