Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ways to get back at the NFL for their bias against the Bengals.
(01-21-2016, 07:25 PM)Shady Wrote: Make Burfict and PacMan team captains in 2016.

I think Burfict is  a captain...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 11:55 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: "Ways to get Roger and the NFL upset"... what purpose does that serve?  Isn't the goal to win championships?
You sure don't get it do you?

I placed images of Al Davis with Championships. 
I placed images of George S. with Championships.
I placed images of Mark Cuban with a Championship

All these owners were at odds with their respected commissioners and they did not give a damn about how they won. "Just Win Baby"

The same can be said of the Bad Boy Pistons who were very ruthless as well as the Broad Street Bullies, the Philadelphia Flyers who both won Championships.

You talk about character? How about the 1990's Dallas Cowboys....

[Image: 6a0120a721c2d7970b013484ee642d970c-pi.gi...fit=bounds][Image: 6a01053596fb28970c0120a5b4ac0c970c-450wi...fit=bounds]
[Image: 6b65e28dbc10e86.gif?width=320&height=320...fit=bounds][Image: 6P9DD00Z.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 7b5876aeedfdc52bb440e1f0dd587b3e.gif?wid...fit=bounds][Image: 7FR2F00Z.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 7KJ2F00Z.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 7ODL000Z.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 5486.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: Ok_I_Give_Up.jpg?width=320&height=320&fi...fit=bounds][Image: growup.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: Grossness.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: Envy-1.gif?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: White_Cat.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: I_See_It.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds]

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 12:34 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Bang Head
You sure don't get it do you?

I placed images of Al Davis with Championships. 
I placed images of George S. with Championships.
I placed images of Mark Cuban with a Championship

All these owners were at odds with their respected commissioners and they did not give a damn about how they won. "Just Win Baby"

The same can be said of the Bad Boy Pistons who were very ruthless as well as the Broad Street Bullies, the Philadelphia Flyers who both won Championships.

You talk about character? How about the 1990's Dallas Cowboys....

[Image: 51alqg4YYOL._SX332_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg][Image: be3n-square-1536.jpg]

OK, I'm going to make this real simple for you, because evidently something is too difficult for you to understand... all of those teams won championships, this team can't make it past the first round of the playoffs.  So when everyone says "win championships" as the best way to "get back at the NFL", that's what is being said.  I even said that the way Al Davis really "stuck it" to Pete Rozelle was by holding up multiple championship trophies.

Hell, look at Pittsburgh... they are celebrated, and get away with more things, because they win.  The fact that winning changes the narrative should really not be difficult to understand.  Should I just mark you down as one of the board members who has an over abundance of time on his hands and likes to argue?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 11:03 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: OK, I'm going to make this real simple for you, because evidently something is too difficult for you to understand... all of those teams won championships, this team can't make it past the first round of the playoffs.  So when everyone says "win championships" as the best way to "get back at the NFL", that's what is being said.  I even said that the way Al Davis really "stuck it" to Pete Rozelle was by holding up multiple championship trophies.

Hell, look at Pittsburgh... they are celebrated, and get away with more things, because they win.  The fact that winning changes the narrative should really not be difficult to understand.  Should I just mark you down as one of the board members who has an over abundance of time on his hands and likes to argue?

It looks like I have to make it easier for you. 

All of the teams/owners I mentioned had issues and/or played Bad Boys  with their respected commissioners with the exception of Dallas BEFORE they won Championships!!!!!

You don't get back at a league if you win Championships and your team is Choir boy team for example the Spurs. You get back at the league if you a Bad Boy team like the Raiders, Pistons, Flyers, Yankees and THEN win a Championship. 

Some teams like the Patrick Ewing, Charles Oakley, Xavier McDaniel, Mason, etc led Knicks were Bad Boy teams that gave the league a bad name, but never won a Championship, same as the "House of Pain" Jerry Glanville's Oilers or Buddy Ryans "Body Bag" Eagles all teams that had character fined by the league but never won a Championship. 

Your logic is they win a Championship and then you can have character, my logic is have Character aka Jerry Tarkanian and UNLV

But nothing tells it like it is then the Miami Hurricanes of the 80'-90's...

[Image: 9780451215260_p0_v1_s192x300.jpg]

The NCAA hated both UNLV and Miami. UNLV and Miami did not win first and then showed "attitude" they had "attitude" first and put the Haters on notice.

We have ref's, the league and media who hate us or at least have bias against us when we play the media darling Steelers. I say screw them and play like the Oakland Raiders who gave the Steeler's fits during the 70's. 

Hopefully, you will understand this time. Character and then Championship aka "put up or shut up" makes your haters pissed more.

Again, let me spell it out for you slowly.

If we win a Championship with no character or attitude that would be nice, Heck that would be GREAT!!!!
The NFL would be happy as well.

However, if win a Championship with "attitude" via the Raiders, Pistons, UNLV, Miami Hurricanes, Mavericks[via Mark Cuban] etc the NFL will be less happy and that is the point of this thread Win a Championship and make the NFL cringe. Imagine Roger Godelle on the Grand stand of the SB handing off the MVP to Ray Rice or James Harrison or any of the people that upsets him. That is my point win, win, win but add some spice to it. Hope you understand. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9CeC3yrcG4

[video=YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9CeC3yrcG4[/video]

P.S. If you can't understand the following then forget it.

Imagine Hill does not fumble the ball at the end. Most people think that Burfict might have been the hero of the game. That said he would mostly likely be interviewed at the end of the game. That said, even though the Burfict/Brown incident would not have happened, Steeler fans would still be throwing stuff at their TV's. That would get the Steeler fans, officials , etc upset. 

That is exactly my point where a character gets the haters upset. If you can't understand now then too bad.  

[Image: Never_Get_To_Work.jpg?width=320&height=3...fit=bounds][Image: 39253807v1_225x225_Front_padToSquar.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 332604044v3_225x225_Front_padToSqua.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 127425106v7_225x225_Front_padToSqua.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 172708366v11_225x225_Front_padToSqu.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 284274321v11_225x225_Front_padToSqu.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 95512026v1_225x225_Front_padToSquar.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 120091941v8_225x225_Front_padToSqua.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 379909978v7_225x225_Front_padToSqua.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 94454330v7_225x225_Front_padToSquar.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 113830626v9_225x225_Front_padToSqua.png?...fit=bounds][Image: 70742170v22_225x225_Front_padToSqua.png?...fit=bounds][Image: lookitup.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 1z2pnb9.gif?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 11:03 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: OK, I'm going to make this real simple for you, because evidently something is too difficult for you to understand... all of those teams won championships, this team can't make it past the first round of the playoffs.  So when everyone says "win championships" as the best way to "get back at the NFL", that's what is being said.  I even said that the way Al Davis really "stuck it" to Pete Rozelle was by holding up multiple championship trophies.

I read that book a few years back.  Very entertaining and insightful.  Jerry Jones owes almost everything to Jmmy Johnson.  Given what happened in that locker room, Jimmy did one of the best coaching jobs in league history.  

Say, maybe he want's a job as an assistant DB coach……... Ninja
Reply/Quote
Nah..Mike Brown just needs to stand on the I-75 bridge over the Ohio river screaming,"RESPECT US OR I'LL JUMP!" because that would get back at them by golly..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Get Burfict his psych evaluation. Pray to god he is off in the head and sue the NFL for every time they fine him or penalize him and use The American with disabilities act against them.
Reply/Quote
I want the Patriots to whoop the Panthers in the Superbowl. That would be the ultimate insult to Roger Goodell. A 40+ blowout to a scoreless Panthers would just be perfect for me.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 11:13 AM)gobobro Wrote: Win. Nothing forces a new narrative like winning. Beat the Steelers. Win in prime time. Win in the playoffs... The NFL doesn't champion bad guys. If you win, they rewrite the story. If you don't, they pile on.

This is the solution.  Dry-up and stop crying about things you can't control.  Shut up and play. 

Yeah, nobody loves you.  The media has every reason not to support you.  You're in a meaningless market in a meaningless part of the country with no following to speak of as far as they're concerned.  You're owned by a guy who has been a pain in the league's ass more often than not and they're probably not unhappy to see one of the weakest earning franchises in the league go home early year after year.

There's nothing you can do about any of the "unfair" crap like what went down at the end of the season.  Feed on it. Come together as a team, be professionals, and make the media and the league eat their words by showing you can overcome the labels they want to put on you.   Recognize that this season the team the ended your season was you and commit to not let it happen again.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2016, 02:39 AM)Roland Wrote: This is the solution.  Dry-up and stop crying about things you can't control.  Shut up and play. 

1. Yeah, nobody loves you. 
2. The media has every reason not to support you. 
3. You're in a meaningless market in a meaningless part of the country with no following to speak of as far as they're concerned.  
4. You're owned by a guy who has been a pain in the league's ass more often than not and
5. they're probably not unhappy to see one of the weakest earning franchises in the league go home early year after year.

There's nothing you can do about any of the "unfair" crap like what went down at the end of the season.  Feed on it. Come together as a team, be professionals, and make the media and the league eat their words by showing you can overcome the labels they want to put on you.   Recognize that this season the team the ended your season was you and commit to not let it happen again.

Sounds like Al Davis's Oakland Raiders.

This is the solution.  Dry-up and stop crying about things you can't control.  Shut up and play.  

P.S. Oakland fans still bitter over Carson as this photo was taken Sept 2015. 

[Image: 894.gif?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 1267965237873.gif?width=320&height=320&f...fit=bounds][Image: 5619.gif?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: shutuppain.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: Chick_smashed.gif?width=320&height=320&f...fit=bounds][Image: Jackson_popcorn_movie.gif?width=320&heig...fit=bounds][Image: 6437.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 3362.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 3471.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 3514.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 3596.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 3600.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 3639.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 3657.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds][Image: 3658.jpg?width=320&height=320&fit=bounds]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 03:47 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Al Davis used to stick it to Pete Rozelle and the NFL during the glory days of the Raiders.

Name some ways. 

One way we can stick it to the NFL is sign .....

Ray Rice  Tongue

Even if he does not play, it would be a big screw you to the NFL.  Cool

Make Burfict a player safety liaison officer Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 01:24 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: Make Burfict a player safety liaison officer Ninja

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoa0JBiWevcWy1Odbq2eB...kffnXEBrG4]

?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Win the Super Bowl.
Then say "suck it Roger Goodell" right on national TV. If he wants to bring us to court, we'll do what the Patriots did and threaten to drag the case all throughout the summer. He will back down since he cherishes his summer vacation so much.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote