Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We’re getting to the point where no base defense limits us anymore
Last year it was cover 2, cover 4 and quarters that we had issues with.

This year blitz man was hurting us because Burrow was hurt

With the inclusion of RPOs and a more efficient run game we’re getting to the point where we are able to dictate what defenses do because there isn’t a base D that limits us.

I think after we win the Bills game, teams will stop blitzing us and we’ll get more of the defenses Mahommes get where teams just say eff it and out 7-8 in coverage every play.

This run is gonna be fun. All the years of being defended a certain way are paying off and atp the only way to trick Burrow now is to bait him into making him see something that isn’t there. I think he only had like 1 turnover worthy throw last Sunday. Doing that against the 49ers is insane
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 04:41 PM)Housh Wrote: Last year it was cover 2, cover 4 and quarters that we had issues with.

With the inclusion of RPOs and a more efficient run game we’re getting to the point where we are able to dictate what defenses do because there isn’t a base D that limits us.

I think after we win the Bills game, teams will stop blitzing us and we’ll get more of the defenses Mahommes get where teams just say eff it and out 7-8 in coverage every play.

This run is gonna be fun. All the years of being defended a certain way are paying off and atp the only way to trick Burrow now is to bait him into making him see something that isn’t there. I think he only had like 1 turnover worthy throw last Sunday. Doing that against the 49ers is insane

They didn't have issues with cover 2, quarters, and cover 4 last year (after like week 3). 

They adjusted and threw the ball underneath A TON with a lot of success.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
An o-line now jelling with Mixon stepping up his game at the same time made this possible.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
if the run game is working, I agree. But the run game has to work.

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 04:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: if the run game is working, I agree. But the run game has to work.

SF doesn’t come close to validating the run game. You have to be able to run and score on the goal line and be successful anywhere on the field on 3rd and 2
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 04:59 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: SF doesn’t come close to validating the run game. You have to be able to run and score on the goal line and be successful anywhere on the field on 3rd and 2

Now that they are running a percentage of plays from under center, I would suspect that the short yardage rushing will improve greatly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 05:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Now that they are running a percentage of plays from under center, I would suspect that the short yardage rushing will improve greatly.

I think so too but really they are all improving. If Burrow had more time nobody could stop us. We’d score a ton more. The running game scares no one
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 04:41 PM)Housh Wrote: Last year it was cover 2, cover 4 and quarters that we had issues with.

It sure is looking up. As Frank said, if the running game is working this Offense can be unstoppable if Burrow is making the right 
decisions when passing and our guys are safe with the ball in their hands. Going under Center just makes us so so much more 
unpredictable and helps the running game big time as we saw against San Fran in their place.

We ran a lot of motion as well with our WR's which is another level we hadn't seen much. It is exciting. Smirk
Reply/Quote
If the RBs can start popping off closer to 5 YPC like in the SF game, that's going to make the whole offense just that much better.
It will keep the defenses closer to the LOS and really allow for these receivers to get open more.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Burrow reminded us when he is given time and is healthy, he is extremely accurate. Chase proves again, he can get open. I agree we need to better ont he goal line from 3 yards in, it is very tough to throw in that situation. The Eagles push on short yardage is flat out awesome. Of course, it starts with one of the best centers in the game.

I like Joe Mixon, but he does not seem to squeeze through small openings nor run people over on the goal line. I hope the OL starts winning the short yardage run plays.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 06:39 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Burrow reminded us when he is given time and is healthy, he is extremely accurate. Chase proves again, he can get open. I agree we need to better ont he goal line from 3 yards in, it is very tough to throw in that situation. The Eagles push on short yardage is flat out awesome. Of course, it starts with one of the best centers in the game.

I like Joe Mixon, but he does not seem to squeeze through small openings nor run people over on the goal line. I hope the OL starts winning the short yardage run plays.

I watched a lot of games last Sunday and no QB was as accurate as Burrow

Seems like around the league offense is hard for a lot of teams right now. These pass rushes are crazy
-Housh
Reply/Quote
No need for overconfidence or complacency.
Reply/Quote

The key is putting 2 solid games back to back on offensive ,now that Burrow is healthy and still not getting enough production from Higgins , I will feel better if we put together 2 games in a row with solid offense
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 11:33 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The key is putting 2 solid games back to back on offensive ,now that Burrow is healthy and still not getting enough production from Higgins , I will feel better if we put together 2 games in a row with solid offense

I think this will happen. The Bills Defense is beat up and are not near the Defense of the 49ers even if they get a lot of Sacks.

We match up really well with the Bills from everything we have seen in all 3 phases.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think this will happen. The Bills Defense is beat up and are not near the Defense of the 49ers even if they get a lot of Sacks.

We match up really well with the Bills from everything we have seen in all 3 phases.

Hearing Josh Allen’s shoulder is a little worse than expected too. Not gonna miss the game but could zap some of his throw power
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Burrow’s calf injury affected everything on this Offense negatively.Now that Burrow is healthy,and can take snaps under center,then you can run play action,and you can open up the complete playbook,as to where you were limited prior to him being healthy.

Burrow looks stronger,and more athletic than I’ve ever seen him.He said he had worked a lot on his mobility,and pocket movements in the offseason this past year,but wasn’t able to display until now because of the injury.
Reply/Quote
I fear after 1 nearly perfect game against a struggling 49ers defense is going to leave a lot of fans disgruntled. I pray we've turned that corner, but it was 1 game, after a bye, with 2 weeks to prepare. I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 04:06 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Burrow’s calf injury affected everything on this Offense negatively.Now that Burrow is healthy,and can take snaps under center,then you can run play action,and you can open up the complete playbook,as to where you were limited prior to him being healthy.

Burrow looks stronger,and more athletic than I’ve ever seen him.He said he had worked a lot on his mobility,and pocket movements in the offseason this past year,but wasn’t able to display until now because of the injury.

Guess since Iv watched football i really haven’t seen many QBs that absolutely had ZERO ability to scramble so i never noticed how a QB having no threat to scramble at all affects an offense.

Well we got to see it for the first couple games and i never wanna see it again

With how we had to run offense i actually think Zac and Brian deserve credit and apologies.

It’s almost impossible to call consistent offense when a guy can’t run and we have no run game.

Also any season retrospectives should factor in that the line was blocking for a statue for the first couple games
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 04:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I fear after 1 nearly perfect game against a struggling 49ers defense is going to leave a lot of fans disgruntled. I pray we've turned that corner, but it was 1 game, after a bye, with 2 weeks to prepare. I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic.

Exactly, people, including the media talk like the Bengals are 3 time SB champs or something. 1 solid game so far. Arizona they looked a little better. I wish everyone including the media would not say a single word about Cincy. Then, if they somehow make it to the playoffs they can maybe ask if the Bengals are good enough to advance.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 07:09 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I wish everyone including the media would not say a single word about Cincy. 

But... But... But... What would we talk about here?  Smirk

Reply/Quote