Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Can Never Win With Mike Brown Family
The loss to Baltimore, starting 2 games at home with no touchdowns for losses, today having no blocking against Steelers in another loss all started when Mike Brown let both Whitworth and Zeitler go to other teams. In these games we saw no blocking. Tony Romo said it best about our blocking saying the best quarterback ever couldn't win with this team. Romo said that Dalton, Green, our runners don't have a chance with no blocking.

So some on here want Marvin fired and they think that's the answer. Others talk of good Andy and bad Andy. I tell you now that since Paul Brown died there have been 5 head coaches, over 8 starting quarterbacks, many players long retired and players now who were not born yet in early 90's awful seasons. The one constant is that Paul Brown was a football person who won at Ohio State, Cleveland and Cincinnati but he died after the 1990 season. His non football son of law school took over along with his family of non football lawyers and the result is not one play-off win and often the classic Mike Brown 4 win seasons.

So pretend all you want that if Marvin is replaced that it will be time to celebrate. As long as Mike Brown and Family run this team this franchise is doomed to failure. ....I most certainly blame today's loss to Steelers on Mike Brown on letting Zeitler go saying, " Why should I pay a guard ". This is the same thing Mike Brown said when he let Max Montoya and Steinbach go. It is this law school approach and no football knowledge that will forever doom this franchise as long as they run things. If they do fire Marvin, don't celebrate too much. As long as Mike Brown and Family run things, there is nothing to celebrate.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
You are right as long as MB refuses to pay interior offensive lineman the Bengals will never reach greatness.

We were manhandled in the trenches today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I've been saying this for years. As long as the Brown family is in charge of this team, we're never going to have a legitimate shot at winning a title. The Brown family's sole goal is to make money. Mike Brown pays himself over $1 million a year to be the GM. They do anything and everything they can to funnel money back to the family.
Reply/Quote
Yep. They've used largely the same strategy for the 26+ years.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:49 PM)kevin Wrote: So pretend all you want that if Marvin is replaced that it will be time to celebrate.  As long as Mike Brown and Family run this team this franchise is doomed to failure.  ....I most certainly blame today's loss to Steelers on Mike Brown on letting Zeitler go saying, " Why should I pay a guard ".  This is the same thing Mike Brown said when he let Max Montoya and Steinbach go.  It is this law school approach and no football knowledge that will forever doom this franchise as long as they run things.   If they do fire Marvin, don't celebrate too much. As long as Mike Brown and Family run things, there is nothing to celebrate.

You've repeated this over and over and over. Pretty much every Bengals fan knows that Mike is the root of the problem and has been for 26 years. However, Marvin's been here for 15 of those years now. He's basically become part of the 'family'. He's also part of the problem, which is why he also deserves his share of the blame.

Hell when you look at the history of this franchise, even with Paul, there have only been 3 seasons out of the previous 49 where they've had any postseason success. This fan base is desperate to see a playoff win.

That's why, if Marvin is fired or decides not to return, fans will celebrate. Why? Because that's the only hope we have -- hope that (somehow, someway) a new coach can do the impossible and overcome ownership to win a Super Bowl, or at least a damn playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 11:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You've repeated this over and over and over. Pretty much every Bengals fan knows that Mike is the root of the problem and has been for 26 years. However, Marvin's been here for 15 of those years now. He's basically become part of the 'family'. He's also part of the problem, which is why he also deserves his share of the blame.

Hell when you look at the history of this franchise, even with Paul, there have only been 3 seasons out of the previous 49 where they've had any postseason success. This fan base is desperate to see a playoff win.

That's why, if Marvin is fired or decides not to return, fans will celebrate. Why? Because that's the only hope we have -- hope that (somehow, someway) a new coach can do the impossible and overcome ownership to win a Super Bowl, or at least a damn playoff game.

Yeah basically Coach is the highest level on the org chart that will change.

It's asking a lot for a coach to come in here and succeed. You have to be a great scout/drafter. You have to be a great coach. A great strategist.

It's a lot. I honestly don't think we'll ever see a run of like 3 years or so with a playoff win. I think the best we can hope for is catching lighting in a bottle.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: You are right as long as MB refuses to pay interior offensive lineman the Bengals will never reach greatness.

Honestly, we're seeing the worst line in Bengals history right now, but we've never really a a good line outside of 2005 (under Marv). People will probably scoff at that, and bring up sack numbers, but look at our constant struggles running the ball over the last 11 years. Look at how we've been blown off the ball in each playoff game.

We've never been able run or pass block effectively in big games against big time opponents. We get exposed repeatedly.

We never replaced Rich Braham. We've had revolving doors at guard because Mike refuses to pay the guys we develop or sign any good free agents. Look at what the Steelers paid DeCastro. Now how many rush yards did Bell have today? How many times was Ben sacked?

We have a good blueprint to follow in our own division, and the cheap morons running our franchise refuse to take a look at the team that's kicking our ass on a yearly basis and can't seem to get it, even with the answer smacking them in the face.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 11:27 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You've repeated this over and over and over. Pretty much every Bengals fan knows that Mike is the root of the problem and has been for 26 years. However, Marvin's been here for 15 of those years now. He's basically become part of the 'family'. He's also part of the problem, which is why he also deserves his share of the blame.

Bravo !!  :andy:  ThumbsUp  Rock On 

It's the only real hope we have. If I hear Marvin Lewis is fired tomorrow morning I'll be  Dancing

And I don't hate Marvin, hell I like the guy. I'm sure he's a hell of a good man. He just isn't a HC who's ever going to win here. Coule we go 2-8 or whatever the rest of the season with a new HC ? Sure

But I would still have a hell of a lot more hope for next season. I mean if it's not painfully obvious to Bengal fans by now that ML is not the answer..............

I'm at a total loss for words
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: You are right as long as MB refuses to pay interior offensive lineman the Bengals will never reach greatness.

...like a Hollywood starlet on the casting couch with Harvey Weinstein — but since Weinstein is a Steelers fan he never gets called for holding or illegal procedure but I hear he gets a lot of false starts.
Reply/Quote
If you ever thought there was a point were you felt Mike Brown genuinely wanted to win something of significance with this team, well guess what, you were ***** duped. The man gives no shits about winning, as long as he's profiting off of mediocrity.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We'll get em in Cincinnati I guess. We are not done but our future looks dim. Can't give up, never will give up. If they finish the year worse than last? I'll be back next year. I just won't contribute a friggen dime to the organization.

Reply/Quote
As Many, Many, Many post threads on HOW MUCH they hope Marvin gets fired and a new coach comes in and turns this team around......I REPEAT......WE CAN NEVER WIN WITH MIKE BROWN FAMILY.

Now for any wondering why I'm being so hard on Mike Brown, his daughter Pumpkin', his son Mini-Me and the rest of the Family, it's because I lay the entire loss to Steelers on them and the first 2 losses with not one touchdown. They are the ones who refused to pay our offensive line and have been letting them go to other teams. It is COMPLETELY their fault we have no blocking.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: You are right as long as MB refuses to pay interior offensive lineman the Bengals will never reach greatness.

Both sides of the Football. Pathetic. Offensive line was pushed back, defensive line stood straight up.

Technically speaking, it was an absolute disaster. I think Dunlap had a good rush or two...that was about it. Geno has become practically invisible.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Sometimes I try to stay off the boards but man yesterday and today I’m just pissed

How can you let one team beat you so badly so many times in a row
Reply/Quote
You would think that any owner who actually gave a shit about winning would look at the last 26 years of ineptitude and say, "Gosh, I must be doing something wrong" and make changes to how they run things. But Mike Brown expects to just stumble upon a winning circumstance at a bargain bin price. As if this team will somehow luck into going to the Super Bowl despite itself.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
There are only two plausible scenarios here:

1)  Mike Clown is a total and complete moron.  I mean, we're talking mental disability level here, not just run of the mill stupid.  Hell, even a dumbass can see something is not working after 26 years.....shit!  Even an utter boob can realize that the stench of losing during the abyss hangs on Piano Man like a horse thief from the gallows.  How stupid can you be to not see how that leads to no accountability for anyone else?  "Shit, that dude been here since Moby Dick was a minnow, part of the 2nd worst decade in all of professional sports history.  Part of a staff that saw its head coach become the fastest to reach 50 losses, part of teams that saw its owner become the fastest to reach 200 losses.  Why the hell am I gon' worry 'bout doin' my job?  Hell, if ol Merv cuts me, Mikey will bring me back!"

2)  Mike Clown is feeding us all a line of shit, and thinks we're stupid enough to buy it.  In other words, it's all a con and a cash grab.  Winning football and championships are only the biscuit wheels on the gravy train IF we happen to do either.  They're fortunate byproducts of doing business......fortunate so long as those players are on rookie deals.  Winning also means paying players to keep them, that's really why we "don't value" positions, or guys "wanted to leave".  There is only one singular goal here, profit.  If we happen to win a few along the way, so be it.

Now, which scenario seems most likely to you?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:14 AM)Wyche Wrote: There are only two plausible scenarios here:

1)  Mike Clown is a total and complete moron.  I mean, we're talking mental disability level here, not just run of the mill stupid.  Hell, even a dumbass can see something is not working after 26 years.....shit!  Even an utter boob can realize that the stench of losing during the abyss hangs on Piano Man like a horse thief from the gallows.  How stupid can you be to not see how that leads to no accountability for anyone else?  "Shit, that dude been here since Moby Dick was a minnow, part of the 2nd worst decade in all of professional sports history.  Part of a staff that saw its head coach become the fastest to reach 50 losses, part of teams that saw its owner become the fastest to reach 200 losses.  Why the hell am I gon' worry 'bout doin' my job?  Hell, if ol Merv cuts me, Mikey will bring me back!"

2)  Mike Clown is feeding us all a line of shit, and thinks we're stupid enough to buy it.  In other words, it's all a con and a cash grab.  Winning football and championships are only the biscuit wheels on the gravy train IF we happen to do either.  They're fortunate byproducts of doing business......fortunate so long as those players are on rookie deals.  Winning also means paying players to keep them, that's really why we "don't value" positions, or guys "wanted to leave".  There is only one singular goal here, profit.  If we happen to win a few along the way, so be it.

Now, which scenario seems most likely to you?

I've wondered the same thing many times, but honestly I think it's a bit of both. I mean, we all saw the ideas he proposed in Hard Knocks. Coaches looking at him in disbelief, but unable to put him in his place due to him being the owner. Think about it. Our GM happens to be the owner and can fire anyone that questions him...so he's in an environment where his stupidity has been enabled and cemented over a 40 year span at least. No one can tell him he's a buffoon.

He also has very strange or archaic views on what it means to be successful. I've seen him defend our run game by pointing out that we had a 1000 yard rusher. That's probably the worst way to determine rushing success. Yards per carry and team rush rankings are what you want to look at. I've seen him defend Marv and say we were competitive over a stretch where we had a losing record. I've seen him say in interviews that "you win some, you lose some". Paraphrasing here, but his message was definitely that it's unrealistic to expect consistent winning.

What kind of owner says that? He's definitely a different kind of guy...but he's also very miserly. You saw that Enquirer article from 1998. He was still driving an old Lumina. He wouldn't use AC unless the temperature hit 90. Wouldn't buy an answering machine. Wouldn't pay to have mice removed from his wife's car. Then you have all the old (and true) legends. Willie Anderson having to buy proper towels. Drink machines that charge players. Renting out TV sets at training camp. Taking free agents to Wendy's. Flying them in on coach. No practice facility. 

So yeah, he's definitely both...and that's what makes him the worst owner in professional sports.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:49 PM)kevin Wrote: The loss to Baltimore, starting 2 games at home with no touchdowns for losses, today having no blocking against Steelers in another loss all started when Mike Brown let both Whitworth and Zeitler go to other teams.  In these games we saw no blocking.  Tony Romo said it best about our blocking saying the best quarterback ever couldn't win with this team.  Romo said that Dalton, Green, our runners don't have a chance with no blocking.

So some on here want Marvin fired and they think that's the answer.  Others talk of good Andy and bad Andy.  I tell you now that since Paul Brown died there have been 5 head coaches, over 8 starting quarterbacks,  many players long retired and players now who were not born yet in early 90's awful seasons. The one constant is that Paul Brown was a football person who won at Ohio State, Cleveland and Cincinnati but he died after the 1990 season.  His non football son of law school took over along with his family of non football lawyers and the result is not one play-off win and often the classic Mike Brown 4 win seasons.

So pretend all you want that if Marvin is replaced that it will be time to celebrate.  As long as Mike Brown and Family run this team this franchise is doomed to failure.  ....I most certainly blame today's loss to Steelers on Mike Brown on letting Zeitler go saying, " Why should I pay a guard ".  This is the same thing Mike Brown said when he let Max Montoya and Steinbach go.  It is this law school approach and no football knowledge that will forever doom this franchise as long as they run things.   If they do fire Marvin, don't celebrate too much. As long as Mike Brown and Family run things, there is nothing to celebrate.

So a few weeks ago you said the Bengals could win the AFC North and after a reality check this past Sunday, they won't win ever with Mike Brown. If the Bengals blow the Colts out Sunday will you be back on the "We have a shot at the playoffs" bandwagon?
Reply/Quote
If there's no hope while the Brown family owns this team, might as well stop being a fan of this team until ownership changes or at least become a more casual fan.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 07:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: We'll get em in Cincinnati I guess. We are not done but our future looks dim. Can't give up, never will give up. If they finish the year worse than last? I'll be back next year. I just won't contribute a friggen dime to the organization.

[Image: r8IF1pb.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote