Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Have a Tough, Physical Defense
Seems like forever since we’ve had one of those. The line is stout and the ends relentless. Those guys set the edge brilliantly, which is something very often overlooked. Part of the reason why the Ravens couldn’t run for squat. Logan Wilson is the best LB we’ve had in years. Bates is the best S in the league, imo. And our DBs have been good. Not great - but certainly good.

And is Capt. Lou one of the better coordinators in the league? I think it’s time to give him his due. I sure as hell missed the mark on him. I was wrong. Bigly.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
and defensively we're rough, tough

Cincinnati Bengals

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 09:01 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Seems like forever since we’ve had one of those. The line is stout and the ends relentless. Those guys set the edge brilliantly, which is something very often overlooked. Part of the reason why the Ravens couldn’t run for squat. Logan Wilson is the best LB we’ve had in years. Bates is the best S in the league, imo. And our DBs have been good. Not great - but certainly good.

And is Capt. Lou one of the better coordinators in the league? I think it’s time to give him his due. I sure as hell missed the mark on him. I was wrong. Bigly.

Sure is refreshing. I can stand it if our Offense isn't fantastic but I hate it when my Defense plays poorly, especially against the run.

This team stops the run and forces teams to throw and the QB doesn't like it. It is a maddening Defense and as you say RKR it is
tough and physical but also fast sideline to sideline. Lou has done a great job of bringing in great players to fit his D and coaching
them up along with Hobby the DL coach and Golden the LB coach. Logan Wilson is a stud and also love ADG.

We are good from the trenches out which is where we will win a lot of games. I think our Offense only gets better and we run more
as the weather changes which should keep our D fresh. Could be our time. We should be in every game against any team with this D.
Reply/Quote
I would add Smart and disciplined to the adjectives to describe this defense. The Way they kept Lamar in the pocket today was impressive.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I love how they stand their ground so well in the red zone. In the past, it was always an automatic 7.
Reply/Quote
I love turnovers, but our defense is doing all this without many turnovers. That’s the mark of a solid defense IMO.
Reply/Quote
and disciplined
Reply/Quote
I'd like to point out that the child who cried himself off this team last year (some called it "being a man") Currently has 1 start, 6 tackles and 0 sacks.

Maybe, just maybe..he was a problem
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd like to point out that the child who cried himself off this team last year (some called it "being a man") Currently has 1 start, 6 tackles and 0 sacks.

Hope our new 96 is alright...
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd like to point out that the child who cried himself off this team last year (some called it "being a man") Currently has 1 start, 6 tackles and 0 sacks.

Shh.. don't tell Elise Jesse; Dunlap opened the Pandora's Box of how unqualified everyone on the staff was and she had the scoop, remember?

(10-24-2021, 10:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope our new 96 is alright...

He came back into the game and almost sacked Huntley.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 11:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Shh.. don't tell Elise Jesse; Dunlap opened the Pandora's Box of how unqualified everyone on the staff was and she had the scoop, remember?

Good, I like Cam. Good player.
Reply/Quote
Best defensive offseason moves in the history of the franchise.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 11:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Shh.. don't tell Elise Jesse; Dunlap opened the Pandora's Box of how unqualified everyone on the staff was and she had the scoop, remember?

Come on man they did fire both the offensive and defensive Line Coaches from last season. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:10 AM)J24 Wrote: Come on man they did fire both the offensive and defensive Line Coaches from last season. 

90% of the flak she, "reported," (read; talked major shit about and still defends herself), was on Lou and Zac.

Not a word was said about Eason in 2019, when the team was significantly-worse and Dunlap got playing time. Eason was also the one holding Dunlap back last year, after he tried to go after Lou in the Browns game.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:01 AM)The American Dream Wrote: Best defensive offseason moves in the history of the franchise.

It’s crazy how much better we are on that side of the ball due to the acquisitions of the last 2 years. And one of the highest paid has played, what - 1 game in that time?

Reply/Quote

Hurts me to agree because I’m a huge Gator fan and I love Carlos. But he really dug his own grave. I wouldn’t have him back if he paid us.

It is fair to mention that most of his career here, he was a really good player and acquitted himself well inside and outside of the locker room.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:10 AM)J24 Wrote: Come on man they did fire both the offensive and defensive Line Coaches from last season. 

Like that made a difference... Oh, wait ....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
& this fellow is one reason why we have the toughness and edge when on the field.

[Image: cincinnati-bengals-defensive-end-trey-he...1235263264]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:39 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Hurts me to agree because I’m a huge Gator fan and I love Carlos. But he really dug his own grave. I wouldn’t have him back if he paid us.

It is fair to mention that most of his career here, he was a really good player and acquitted himself well inside and outside of the locker room.

Dunlap dug his own grave here by refusing to play his assignment. He was too bullheaded to set an edge, all he wanted to do was get his sac stats us. Not to mention he often took plays off. Trey Hendrickson is the player Carlos Dunlap could have been if he gave 100% effort and played within the system. I don't miss him at all.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:18 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: & this fellow is one reason why we have the toughness and edge when on the field.

[Image: cincinnati-bengals-defensive-end-trey-he...1235263264]

This is a full grown mean aggressive man!!!! I loved it when they were interviewing other players for the NFL Top 100 and they interviewed some OT about Hendrickson. His first words were "Man, that guy never shuts up....... but he's a really special player" Trey's a talker.
Reply/Quote