Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Might Have Football This Season!
You know we were destined to win the super bowl this season because the rona virus happened.
I saw that the league anticipates having full stadiums. The gist of what I read suggested that there was really no point in limited attendance in terms of curbing spread since people move around so much throughout a game. They also don't want to start the season with empty buildings and then let fans attend later. The feeling is that it would be an unfair advantage for teams that got more home games with fans present.

I'm not sure how it will go, but I do think they'll find a way to play.
Not a doctor here but I seriously doubt the season starts on time. My bet is we don't return to normal until the Holliday season. So the season probably won't start until Thanksgiving.
Now my question is what will happen then? Do they just play the last 5 games or a full season? Also if it does start at Thanksgiving do they start from week 1 or from week 13? I mean do you really want the Lions vs Texans to be the opening game?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(05-07-2020, 09:51 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Having done some more digging I have seen where there are some thoughts that sun can, over time, kill Covid-19.  That said, as it is most often spread person to person, all the sun in the world won't help if an infected person exposes others to it via droplets.  It isn't like if someone with Covid-19 laughs, sneezes or coughs the sun will instantly nuke all the droplets spread and everyone around is safe.

So a lot of people in close proximity cheering and shouting in a stadium probably isn't a good idea for awhile.  I think at best we will be seeing empty stadium games this year.  It's going to be weird in that case. I wonder if they would put in artificial crowd noise for telecasts?   It may not even get to that though. We will have to see how team practices go first. If a few players and staff start testing positive then the season will probably be shut down before it starts.

It has a lot to do with higher humidity which comes along with higher temps. Bacteria’s and virus don’t like heat, hence why your body rises in temp to fight it off. Also the humidity makes the droplets stay airborne less. This is similar to Flu and why the flu season is nov-March in the northern hemisphere.

Just because it is sunny, doesn’t mean much. It’s temp and humidity.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-08-2020, 12:41 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: It has a lot to do with higher humidity which comes along with higher temps. Bacteria’s and virus don’t like heat, hence why your body rises in temp to fight it off. Also the humidity makes the droplets stay airborne less. This is similar to Flu and why the flu season is nov-March in the northern hemisphere.

Just because it is sunny, doesn’t mean much. It’s temp and humidity.

You mentioned CDC in a previous post.. here you go. An article about how flu reacts to higher humidity. Covid and flu are similar transmission/transfer diseases

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/nioshtic-2/20042261.html
(05-07-2020, 08:26 PM)jason Wrote: The days of the Bengals being a team full of criminals are long gone my friend.

You guys probably have murder hornets there and everything.

Wow didn't see that coming lol
(05-07-2020, 07:46 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wondered that about California and I'm not 100% sure but I'm guessing it's because people weren't practicing social distancing at all and it was just spreading so rapidly that the sun didn't have a chance to kill it.  

Once people have it, it doesn't die inside them because of the sun so people could still spread it rapidly.

Just my crippled two cents.

No.
(05-07-2020, 07:40 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Not trying to be funny here but If they say the sun kills this virus, why has two of the sunniest countries in Europe got the highest death rates?

Because their government told people to stay inside???????? Our did too and NY is shaping out to be a huge death rate because governor did just the opposite of protect the elderly, he exposed them and killed them.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
(05-07-2020, 09:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, September seems like a long way off (or even August, if you're talking pre-season), but man, that's going to be here in no time.  Empty stadia may be the only responsible action, especially to a lawsuit-wary NFL.  Maybe MLB can be inventive and strike a balance somehow and give the NFL a blueprint.  Guess time will tell.  

Yeah the Bengals should have an advantage, they're used to playing in empty stadiums.
(05-08-2020, 12:11 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: You know we were destined to win the super bowl this season because the rona virus happened.

I will take an asterix super bowl over no super bowl. Hell I'll take an asterix playoff win.
(05-07-2020, 09:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, September seems like a long way off (or even August, if you're talking pre-season), but man, that's going to be here in no time.  Empty stadia may be the only responsible action, especially to a lawsuit-wary NFL.  Maybe MLB can be inventive and strike a balance somehow and give the NFL a blueprint.  Guess time will tell.  

MLB being inventive? Lol. :) They're the ones that will be sticklers. It's America's past-time, next to NASCAR.

But yeah, I would be shocked if MLB returned first and required 8ft in between people's seats and discovered a way to keep people distant anywhere inside the park.

Many theme parks are opening up with plans (Disney, Cedar Point, etc), so they will probably provide a blueprint also, but MLB - they are always behind the times. I imagine Disney will be much tougher than they think, with uncontrollable kids and all.

Of all sports, seems like Golf and Tennis are the easiest to return (although the participants would have to be checked before game). Rarely kids running around rampant in golf, stadiums are small in Tennis (could have smaller audience), easy to keep golfers away from each other. Granted I would love to watch a baseball game as long as there was nobody seated around me within 8ft, how will they make this happen considering all the seat jumpers would just go to the front? Lol. Physically remove seats or block them somehow.

NBA is the progressive sport, they're the ones that change things, they're the ones that caused the ball to roll. I would be surprised if MLB did anything "first", but considering they're a summer sport, they need to think about it (and they're surely worried about their money too).
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
(05-08-2020, 12:40 AM)J24 Wrote: Not a doctor here but I seriously doubt the season starts on time. My bet is we don't return to normal until the Holliday season. So the season probably won't start until Thanksgiving.
Now my question is what will happen then? Do they just play the last 5 games or a full season? Also if it does start at Thanksgiving do they start from week 1 or from week 13? I mean do you really want the Lions vs Texans to be the opening game?

Why would the season not start on time?  An extra couple of months is not going to change anything.  There is no vaccine and likely will not be one available for mass public use until next spring at the earliest.  

We have to get back to normalcy from an economic standpoint or nothing will ever happen again.  Albeit that normalcy will be difference with social distancing and other protective measures.  Bottom line is there is no benefit to moving the start of the season out, it's not like a vaccine will become available and everybody inoculated by November.

Time to take precautions and move on with daily life.  Those that are worried about contracting the virus, especially those susceptible and in the high risk categories, should take it upon themselves to shelter in place.  If you don't expose yourself you can't get it.  The rest should do their part to minimize spread. 
(05-08-2020, 09:11 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Why would the season not start on time?  An extra couple of months is not going to change anything.  There is no vaccine and likely will not be one available for mass public use until next spring at the earliest.  

We have to get back to normalcy from an economic standpoint or nothing will ever happen again.  Albeit that normalcy will be difference with social distancing and other protective measures.  Bottom line is there is no benefit to moving the start of the season out, it's not like a vaccine will become available and everybody inoculated by November.

Time to take precautions and move on with daily life.  Those that are worried about contracting the virus, especially those susceptible and in the high risk categories, should take it upon themselves to shelter in place.  If you don't expose yourself you can't get it.  The rest should do their part to minimize spread. 
You're probably right but what needs to happen at what will happen are two different things.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(05-08-2020, 09:00 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Because their government told people to stay inside???????? Our did too and NY is shaping out to be a huge death rate because governor did just the opposite of protect the elderly, he exposed them and killed them.

I guess.... NYC is also densely populated (same population as the state of Ohio on a tiny island) just like northern Italy.... And people from around the world visit it. I'll stop there so as to not have this thread moved... Like the last one.

Anywho... Hope they play football this year. Time will tell.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-08-2020, 09:11 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Why would the season not start on time?  An extra couple of months is not going to change anything.  There is no vaccine and likely will not be one available for mass public use until next spring at the earliest.  

I have no intention of taking the vaccine, especially one rushed out so quickly.  
BTW, good bday to you, Brad!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
(05-08-2020, 03:50 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I have no intention of taking the vaccine, especially one rushed out so quickly.  

Exactly, take a rushed vaccine for a virus that may or may not be what we are told it is or isn’t.

Unfortunately This is Darwinism... survival of the fittest.

This year it is covid... national attention. Last year it was the flu, no big deal. I bet our “flu” related deaths are next to nothing since March, everything being categorized as covid.
(05-08-2020, 04:12 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Exactly, take a rushed vaccine for a virus that may or may not be what we are told it is or isn’t.  

Unfortunately This is Darwinism... survival of the fittest.

This year it is covid... national attention.  Last year it was the flu, no big deal.  I bet our “flu” related deaths are next to nothing since March, everything being categorized as covid.

Interesting.  You cite Darwinism and then follow by dismissing covid as overblown propaganda. 
Without getting into this Covid-19 jungle of opinions.....One thing to consider is the NFL is played in so many different places, so games/stadiums may exist in areas of widely varying levels of shutdown and reopening. Say Atlanta or Arizona may be much different than the Meadowlands or Detroit. I think that is where it will be interesting.
(05-08-2020, 06:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Interesting.  You cite Darwinism and then follow by dismissing covid as overblown propaganda. 

I categorized covid as the flu. So it is overblown.