Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We Signed Nick Scott!
Evidently it's not done hearing the Rams are not out of it yet.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Won’t be crying the blues if this falls through.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
am ok with this but still would like to add Rapp

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Here’s a video of his highlights:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N5egUplFm-E

He makes some impact plays atleast. For a guy learning the position, seems decent. Solid tackler. Times hits and pass deflections well. Granted these are highlights.

To me this is a good depth signing. I trust Lou sees something in him. We only need 2 safeties to play and with his experience he’s probably better than a rookie when it comes to backups.

He may be older but I assume he didn’t play much at all prior to this year so less wear and tear.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It wasn't until literally just right now that I realized Apple hadn't re-signed. Lol

There was a "who do you want in FA day 3" thread I posted in today and I didn't even mention a CB because I thought Apple was back.

That thread was a riot. The entire thread based on someone putting a picture of an apple on their twitter page. No words. Nothing. Just an apple.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:01 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Here’s a video of his highlights:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N5egUplFm-E

He makes some impact plays atleast. For a guy learning the position, seems decent. Solid tackler. Times hits and pass deflections well. Granted these are highlights.

To me this is a good depth signing. I trust Lou sees something in him. We only need 2 safeties to play and with his experience he’s probably better than a rookie when it comes to backups.

He may be older but I assume he didn’t play much at all prior to this year so less wear and tear.

Yep. As a 3rd safety, I'm fine with it. If it's for him to start...not so much.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:03 PM)Nepa Wrote: That thread was a riot. The entire thread based on someone putting a picture of an apple on their twitter page.

The social media era in a nutshell, I guess. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I like the Scott signing (if it really happened) more than I like the Ford signing for the reason that I trust Lou more than I trust Pollack
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like the Scott signing (if it really happened) more than I like the Ford signing for the reason that I trust Lou more than I trust Pollack
Yeah Pollack needs to go IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Top right of the tweet there's the 3 dots. Click on that and it should show "embed tweet" click on that and it'll take you to a page with the tweet and above that there's a blue button that says "Copy Code". Click on that and then head over to your post here on the board. Right click and paste (or Ctl + V to paste) into your reply box and it should spit out a big block of text and the like. At the very end of that remove the part bracketed by the word "Script" in <> and then you're good to just post away and the tweet will appear in your post.

I don't understand that part lol

Post how it should look or the embed part and highlight the parts I need to delete.

I appreciate the help.
Reply/Quote
Meh, I'd be non-plussed about this one. Scott's coverage scores have always been poor (he's better as a run defender) and we need guys with range. Our outside corners have never been a strength, even less so since Chido went down. You can't put them on an island. Even CTB, despite the raw athleticism, is a bit rigid in his hips. He often needs help over the top. Bates and Bell were instrumental in patching up these holes. I hope their replacements can fill the same niche. Scott wouldn't.

Side note: I hate how the new guys will have to play in the shadow of arguably our best safety tandem ever. Seems almost unfair. I don't know if anyone can be expected to meet that bar.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't understand that part lol

Post how it should look or the embed part and highlight the parts I need to delete.

I appreciate the help.

[Image: tweet.jpg]

Highlight and delete the blue part.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I just figured out how to post a tweet the other day.

One part I found helpful is once you post the embedded code into a post, preview the post to make sure it displays the tweet correctly.
When it displayed the tweet correctly in the preview, I knew I was good to go ahead and post it.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:07 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: tweet.jpg]

Highlight and delete the blue part.

I look forward to the battle of the hacky tweets in the P&R memes thread. (Of which I’m a participant)
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 11:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. As a 3rd safety, I'm fine with it. If it's for him to start...not so much.

(03-16-2023, 11:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The social media era in a nutshell, I guess. Lol

What makes it worse was that it was a fan who posted the apple not someone who is really an insider.

Nothing against Bengal Jim or any poster on here but NFL execs and players aren't sharing real in depth stuff with random people, just not the way of the world.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I’m not sure this is official. Yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: People will come in and trash this signing but he is an ascending Safety that was a RB in college. He hits hard and needs more snaps
to improve. If I have a complaint it is that both Dax and Nick Scott need to learn a ton to get on Bates and Bell's level. Bell wasn't very
good before he got here and worked under Lou though, hope the same is with Scott. He could actually be a great get, we will see.

Not trashing but he is below avg safety right now, hope we draft a safety also to compete 
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:42 AM)BFritz21 Wrote:

That’s not Nick Scott. Lol
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:45 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: That’s not Nick Scott. Lol

I know....... I was trying to figure out how to post a tweet and it was the first thing that popped up when I searched for Bengals.

Cool

Hilarious
Reply/Quote