Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We Signed Nick Scott!
It seems like reporters jumped the gun a bit here. My guess is they were close and were trending towards signing, but then the Rams heard and called up his agent and mucked it up a bit.

We have Rapp coming in tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see if we end up with either of the Rams' starting safeties from 2022.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 12:51 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know....... I was trying to figure out how to post a tweet and it was the first thing that popped up when I searched for Bengals.

Cool

Hilarious

Lol, oh Brad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 01:03 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Rock On
Lol, oh Brad.

We need a wheelchair smiley

Dead Horse
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Scott sucks. Maybe he'll get better, but if he doesnt...it could expose our CBs.

is there any signing that would make you happy?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 01:00 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It seems like reporters jumped the gun a bit here. My guess is they were close and were trending towards signing, but then the Rams heard and called up his agent and mucked it up a bit.

We have Rapp coming in tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see if we end up with either of the Rams' starting safeties from 2022.

The initial report from Brad Spielberger just said the Bengals and Scott were working on a deal and making progress. Others reported what he said and then it seems like some fans turned into a 'done deal'. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I know there's a thread about the rumors, bu the Cincinnati Enquirer, Twitter and A to Z Sports say it's a done deal!

This is an incredible offseason!

I was worried that we wouldn't do anything and blame it on working on Burrow, but the front office is invested in building a Super Bowl team!

WHO-DEY!

The title of the article literally says 'Bengals close to signing'...how did you translate that into 'done deal'? LOL

Bengals close to signing veteran safety Nick Scott
Reply/Quote
Pumped about the Ekeler, Scott, and Apple deals.

I mean I would be if we did sign them.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Found a couple videos of Nick Scott in case they do sign him tomorrow. LOL

Highlights
Mic'd Up
Reply/Quote
Nothing on Bengals .com about Nick Scott or Taylor Rapp.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 10:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: People will come in and trash this signing but he is an ascending Safety that was a RB in college. ....

Well, if nothing else... since he went to Penn State it means he's no dummy.  PSU has one of, if not the highest graduation rate among football players.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:33 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Well, if nothing else... since he went to Penn State it means he's no dummy.  PSU has one of, if not the highest graduation rate among football players.

Nothing against Penn State, but all that means is they get them in and punch them out to raiser their graduation rates. Doesn’t mean they’re smart, by any stretch!
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:33 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Well, if nothing else... since he went to Penn State it means he's no dummy.  PSU has one of, if not the highest graduation rate among football players.

Some posters in various threads have been saying they don't want Scott, they want one of the other free agent safeties available. But it not shopping at Target. The Bengals need to come out of free agency with an experienced safety. And Scott has a full year of starting experience, is a hard hitter, a very good locker room presence, and, by all accounts, is an ascending player, who has been getting better and better.

And there are a lot of teams looking for safeties. By some accounts, there are six or seven teams interested in Scott. I would be more than delighted to get him signed. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:37 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Nothing against Penn State, but all that means is they get them in and punch them out to raiser their graduation rates.  Doesn’t mean they’re smart, by any stretch!

You have PROOF of that claim?  IF that were true (it isn't... not even close) it would have been exposed, by now.  Penn State has earned the reputation as a "smart football" school for a reason.  There has been absolutely NOTHING to support your claim.

This is from 2021, and includes all student-athletes (not just football) but you get the point...
Penn State student-athletes post another record 92% graduation success rate
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 01:57 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: is there any signing that would make you happy?

The Brown signing was great. Best free agent OL. Can't ask for more.

I'd much rather have Love, Rapp, CJGJ than Scott. Maybe some other guys.

Scott's PFF grade last year was a 54.2. PFF also lists him as a Bengal. You all are acting like you're all Nick Scott experts and that he's some great player. Most of you probably never heard about him until we brought him in.

He's also not really young. He's almost 28.

This isn't a move to be happy about. Neither is Ford.

Could they improve here? Sure. Is it a guarantee? No.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:41 AM)Nepa Wrote: Some posters in various threads have been saying they don't want Scott, they want one of the other free agent safeties available. But it not shopping at Target. The Bengals need to come out of free agency with an experienced safety. And Scott has a full year of starting experience, is a hard hitter, a very good locker room presence, and, by all accounts, is an ascending player, who has been getting better and better.

And there are a lot of teams looking for safeties. By some accounts, there are six or seven teams interested in Scott. I would be more than delighted to get him signed. 

He's almost 28 and has a full year of starting experience. That's a red flag. It's not like he's 25. He's almost 28.

Rapp has started for 4 years and is 25. Clearly Rapp is the one to sign.
Reply/Quote
For the record, I will actually assess guys we sign and are rumored to sign. Same with the draft.

It seems for the draft, some on this board act like we got 7 starters every year.

It's the same with free agency. Young doesn't mean will improve. These guys have a track record. With Scott and Ford, it hasn't been good.

I will say that Scott seems to be drawing interest from other team too. And he's supposedly good on special teams.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 09:56 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: For the record, I will actually assess guys we sign and are rumored to sign. Same with the draft.

It seems for the draft, some on this board act like we got 7 starters every year.

It's the same with free agency. Young doesn't mean will improve. These guys have a track record. With Scott and Ford, it hasn't been good.

I will say that Scott seems to be drawing interest from other team too. And he's supposedly good on special teams.

So Lou ha all of a sudden lost the ability to assess and use talent?  PFF knows more than Lou?   You know more than Lou?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2023, 10:05 AM)Stewy Wrote: So Lou ha all of a sudden lost the ability to assess and use talent?  PFF knows more than Lou?   You know more than Lou?

PFF doesn't know more than the average fan and I will assert that every time. Their grades are borderline worthless. Anyone trying to make black and white assessments using PFF grades is going to miss the mark. 
Reply/Quote
Scott is an upgrade over what they have, but to my understanding the signing isn't official yet.
They're also bringing in Taylor Rapp, which I find interesting if they are actually working on a deal with Scott.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote