Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We WILL win on Thursday
Watt and Clowney. They probably don't even need to field anyone else on defense.
Reply/Quote
The fans on Thursday night:

[Image: 9ReRvb8.png?fb]
Reply/Quote
It's a must win game, so they better.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 06:48 PM)Millhouse Wrote: It's a must win game, so they better.

Based on what? This is not a playoff team. If you accept this team for what it truly is, not what you want if to be, there are no must win games. I want this team to be good, we have a ton of weapons and to be honest there's no reason they can't be good. However with Marvin and Zamp it's just not going to happen.
Reply/Quote
This is your 2017 Cincinnati Bengals a ton of underachieving talent led by Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
Triple Whammy:

1) Thursday Night primetime

2) Rookie QB

3) All pro defensive line vs. Div. II NCAA O-line

........not looking good.
Reply/Quote
We're not winning. Here's why: clowney vs. ogbueghi.
Reply/Quote
The good news is, this will be Cedric Ogbuehi's last game as a Bengal as he will be arrested after the game for being an accomplice to JJ Watt's murder of Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Im afraid we wont.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/texans-starting-rookie-deshaun-watson-against-bengals-on-thursday-night/

Rookie QB
Primetime
Texans

Those are 3 things that are not in our favor
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 05:06 PM)TKUHL Wrote: How many damn times have we watched a Marvin Lewis team get flat out embarrassed and think "Next game will be better" Shit No it won't. You think Marvin is going to have a Belichick moment after 15 years of this crap. Any other coach probably would have their team fired up and ready to kick butt this Thursday but this is Marvin Lewis. He can't get a team ready for a season opener much less a Prime Time game in 4 days. I would not be surprised at all if we get shut out again. I'm dead serious, if we score at all it will be the D taking advantage of a rookie QB, but it won't be enough because that rookie will shrug it off and resume to his Joe Montana imitation just the same as every rookie a Marvin Lewis team plays. This coaching staff needs to be shakin up fast. No point in talking about any of the players performances if this coaching staff remains.

I didn't comment much yesterday, as I hadn't watched the game yet, but now; after I have, some observations:
1) Og was bad, but even the tv announcers couldn't understand not giving him help with Suggs; I don't get it either.
2) Dalton was indeed horrible, I don't see why when your starting QB doesn't "have it" you don't try a backup if just for that game.
3) Defense really wasn't bad, but no defense can stay on the field the whole game, Giants had the very same problem.
4) there's much more, but finally in a nutshell: How exactly is Marvin going to get a team fired up without talking to his players? I seen four quarters of the man with his headset on staring blankly at the field, and pretty much not speaking to anyone. No enthusiasm, no much deserved anger, just a 4 quarter blank look. I may be wrong about this, as I deleted it before I could bear to watch it again; but that's pretty much what I seen from both Marvin and the Jet's coach on Sunday. Anybody else notice this??
Reply/Quote
Hilarious now where is that beach in Nebraska you had for sale Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:43 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I didn't comment much yesterday, as I hadn't watched the game yet, but now; after I have, some observations:
1) Og was bad, but even the tv announcers couldn't understand not giving him help with Suggs; I don't get it either.
2) Dalton was indeed horrible, I don't see why when your starting QB doesn't "have it" you don't try a backup if just for that game.
3) Defense really wasn't bad, but no defense can stay on the field the whole game, Giants had the very same problem.
4) there's much more, but finally in a nutshell: How exactly is Marvin going to get a team fired up without talking to his players? I seen four quarters of the man with his headset on staring blankly at the field, and pretty much not speaking to anyone. No enthusiasm, no much deserved anger, just a 4 quarter blank look. I may be wrong about this, as I deleted it before I could bear to watch it again; but that's pretty much what I seen from both Marvin and the Jet's coach on Sunday. Anybody else notice this??

I'm pretty sure Marvin's just listening to some Earth Wind and Fire on that headset during the game. That or maybe he's listening to some Rosetta Stone trying to learn Spanish for when this damn team moves to Mexico.
Reply/Quote
Well if we commit to using mass protect to get even a little time for plays to develop they might score.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's not his style, but hopefully Marvin will have this team fired up and playing like we have everything to lose.

Maybe he can just get the players playing on emotion and get them fired up under the the basis of "if we don't win this, it's going to be a long road the rest of the year, so let's go out and kick some ass!"

I don't know what the hell was with Dalton, but let's bank on it being a one-week fluke and expect him to show up and play lights-out.

The game got out of control, but I think that, if we just eliminated a few early mistakes and bad breaks, we're playing that game to win.  I don't expect him to make as many stupid throws or bad throws to turn the ball over, especially when we're deep in their territory, and that first interception was just a good play by the defender to tip the ball.  The second interception was just a stupid play and you have to know that he won't do that every week, so we could easily have been up 7-3 with either of those.

We'll beat some Texans ass on Thursday!

Marvin Lewis couldn't get a fire going with a match and a gallon of gasoline. 

^Not negativity. Just felt like throwing another insult at Marv. While channeling my inner FIK. Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We've won our Thursday Night game the last 2 years and are undefeated in our Color Rush uniforms.

Yes. Randy loves to primp his hair and dress up for his hometown Houston crowd. I guarantee he'll bust out the real good hair gel to go along with the color rush outfits. Maybe he'll wear a white rubber ring.

Should be s blast watching every JJ ham it up for his Harvey relief while burying Randy in the turf and picking him for 6.

But no big deal. We couldn't keep zim or Vance for loyalty reasons.

Welcome to the PBS Improv. Your host tonight will be....
Reply/Quote
JJ Watt, Primetime, and TJ Yates is on their roster. Texans... Duh.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
So if the Texans' offense sucks...and the Bengals' offense sucks....does this mean it will be a 0-0 tie??? The Bengals do love their ties.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 01:23 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So if the Texans' offense sucks...and the Bengals' offense sucks....does this mean it will be a 0-0 tie??? The Bengals do love their ties.

I think their D is better, at least they are against Dalton.
Reply/Quote
My gut feeling is the Bengals will win this week. But no way in hell are they a playoff team with this oline
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 05:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I don't know how banged up they really were. Most of their key guys were in place from what I saw, and they did add 2 excellent pieces to their secondary in free agency.

But yeah...Dalton had a 96.4 rating against the Ravens in his previous 5 games against them, dating back to 2014. So if this is what happens against those guys, I'm terrified of what will happen against his nemesis JJ Watt and the Texans.

On the plus side, the Bengal's defense played well. The only problem being that long pass plays and some suspect tackling issues that always seem to plague this team in the running game.

BTW... That pick play the Ravens ran was a more obvious version of a play we got called for in the preseason. Why is it that we are the only team in the North that gets called for that?
Reply/Quote