Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We all said ZT couldn't coach...
(12-06-2022, 04:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You refuse to accept a player making a great individual play when he's expected to crash down and just decides to take a shot at the motion guy getting the ball? 

It wasn't just a random decision by Dunlap... the motion guy ALREADY HAD THE BALL.  It was an easy read as the runner basically fell into his lap.

Now, if I recall correctly, the runner ran BETWEEN Burrow and the O-Line to receive the ball - a path that put him easily and squarely within reach of Dunlap.
If anything, that play should be designed to have the runner go BEHIND Burrow to receive the handoff, thereby giving him more space to outrun/dodge the defender.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 04:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I refuse to accept a 4th down play before the half where Trent Taylor is your answer. Yes. Take the 3 and go up by 7, or if you absolutely refuse to take the points, at least use a good player.

I think I heard Burrow called an audible into that at the line. Helluva play by Dunlap.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:11 PM)Tomkat Wrote: It wasn't just a random decision by Dunlap... the motion guy ALREADY HAD THE BALL.  It was an easy read as the runner basically fell into his lap.

Now, if I recall correctly, the runner ran BETWEEN Burrow and the O-Line to receive the ball - a path that put him easily and squarely within reach of Dunlap.
If anything, that play should be designed to have the runner go BEHIND Burrow to receive the handoff, thereby giving him more space to outrun/dodge the defender.

Sitting here watching it in slow motion and you're wrong on both accounts. Dunlap is coming straight ahead and is passing Burrow as Joe hands off the ball, and Taylor did run behind Burrow. Dunlap wrapped him up as he was getting the ball from Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 05:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did you refuse to accept the 2-point conversion in the Super Bowl when they went to Trent Taylor?

Was the alternative kicking an easy FG to go up by 7 points?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:28 PM)jason Wrote: I think I heard Burrow called an audible into that at the line. Helluva play by Dunlap.

If he called an audible into that, that still means it was one of the two plays he was given, neither of which were use your great kicker to go up by 7. Never go full Staley.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If he called an audible into that, that still means it was one of the two plays he was given, neither of which were use your great kicker to go up by 7. Never go full Staley.

Who gives a chit about going up by seven, they were attempting to go up by 10. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:11 PM)Tomkat Wrote: It wasn't just a random decision by Dunlap... the motion guy ALREADY HAD THE BALL.  It was an easy read as the runner basically fell into his lap.

Taylor ran behind Burrow. Cappa dove straight ahead. The movement of the line is to make the dline "go where they go" so they were expecting 'los to crash and plug a hole in the middle, since the formation looked to be a run right into the line. Dunlap never hesitated. He was lunging stright ahead, even before Taylor got the ball. His only intention was to be beyond the LoS, not clogging it. It was simply great anticipation and a great play. 

"everyone who lines up in those postions go straight down..." -- Tony Romo after the play, describing what was expected. 

[Image: dunlap.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Who gives a chit about going up by seven, they were attempting to go up by 10. 

And instead ended up only being up by 4.

As I said, never go full Staley.

Reply/Quote
Who is this "we"? I have never said that and if I did say that it was clearly Eliminate08 hacking my account.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Jake Liscow:
On the current win streak...

Burrow's passing plays have the highest EPA/play in the NFL in this stretch, the 2nd highest success rate

Bengals running plays have the 2nd best EPA/play in the NFL, and 2nd best rushing success rate

This offense is on an absolute heater
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
The kid had growing pains. I always said give him 3 years when others were saying fire him when he started his HC career at 0-1.

To make an omelet he had to break a few eggs, some just weren't willing to wait on the omelet they wanted those powdered instant eggs
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 06:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Was the alternative kicking an easy FG to go up by 7 points?

Imagine if the Bengals had taken the 3 points inches away from first down, and then the fans watched Andy Reid go for it on 4th and about 3 yards and making it and getting the 7 instead of the 3. There would be no end of criticism of Taylor, while Reid was praised for taking an even greater risk.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 07:33 PM)Nepa Wrote: Imagine if the Bengals had taken the 3 points inches away from first down, and then the fans watched Andy Reid go for it on 4th and about 3 yards and making it and getting the 7 instead of the 3. There would be no end of criticism of Taylor, while Reid was praised for taking an even greater risk.

If that happened, then the Bengals would have been tied rather than down 3 because they refused to take the points.

Reply/Quote
What's this we shit.....you french or something? Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 03:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Good post, Weezy.

May I add that I am surprised with how good a DC Anarumo turned out to be? Imagine settling on your 6th choice for a DC and he ends up being so good he'll most likely leave for a HC position?

Now this is one that I think surprised most everyone. I took Lou's side in the Dunlap nonsense, but I didn't envision him being as good of a coordinator has he's become.

Reply/Quote
I'll add ..... it's funny how blocking and winning the point of attack after six years of bullshit offensive line play "improves playcalling". LMAO This ain't video games guys, you gotta be able to block to open up the call sheet. We got a glimpse last year when Burrow could make the line look better, and now we're seeing even more now that they can actually win up front, Joe Burrow's continued development, and a RB that will just hit the hole and get positive yards.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 03:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There have been wrinkles and schemes over the past 6 weeks that tells me this offense is really evolving. I follow a lot of guys on social media that break down film/all 22 and some of things they show the Bengals doing are really innovative/smart. 

Yes.... because they now have *time* to develop. The one area where I feel the scheme/coaching aspect has improved is in the window dressing. 

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 03:54 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I refuse to accept this...

[Image: kheuyjnqpympjjnewhvj]

Why? It was a calculated risk. 9/10, that DE crashes down with everyone else. 

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 07:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If that happened, then the Bengals would have been tied rather than down 3 because they refused to take the points.

You have no way of knowing what would have happened if the Bengals took the 3 points. The Chiefs still had 51 seconds to go down and score their own field goal. Or touchdown.

You don't take the 3 points when its 4th and inches at the KC 4. You just don't. Not against KC.

And Andy Reid knew you don't take the 3 points when facing the Bengals. He went for it on 4th and goal from the Bengals 3.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2022, 04:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think a ton on here are very good observers and for no experience in the coaching profession very astute. I’ve shared this before. The light just didn’t come on for Zac. And that’s not to say they all haven’t evolved and improved.. But I know a college football HOF coach easily in the top 10 all time. He explained to me one time how much a poor offensive line can effect so much you want to do. Zac and Brian including their college days have seen plenty of cover 2 and Tampa 2. It didn’t take until the 6th game to figure it out. It took Joe who has always wanted to hold the ball and get the big play ( the ease of doing it at LSU ruined him for awhile).

Zac was inexperienced and know way Bill Belicheck wasn’t dramatically better year 4 or that his coaching acumen has regressed. Of course a top QB makes a difference. Saban had no QB at the Dolphins and failed. Jimmy Johnson wasn’t a crap coach his first year although he went 1-15. Amazing how things turned around with Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith.

I’m not saying Zac’s not learned or improved but there are lots of great coaches who struggled until they got a top QB and better roster. Most on here have agreed how much Zac has done for the culture and turning this team into a confident bunch. He’s the one who coined the mantra “ They’ve got to play us”. But Tom Brady’s supporting cast has effected him this year.

The difference this year ( certainly not the only one) is that the coaches just didn’t have that light bulb come on around the fifth or sixth game the offensive line gelled.

Bingo!

Reply/Quote