Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
We are average
(11-03-2022, 11:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't take this as a Burrow bash or anything, but Josh Allen was in his age 24 season in his 3rd year. Joe Burrow entered the NFL in his age 24 season. Josh Allen came from Wyoming and the Mountain West (and wasn't impressive), Joe Burrow came from LSU and SEC (and won the Championship with a record setting season). Josh Allen was the 7th overall pick and the 3rd QB taken, Joe Burrow was the 1st overall pick.

They didn't have the same starting point in the NFL, nor the same starting expecations.

Eh, Josh Allen also went to a team that won 9 games the year before (remember they traded up for him) with Tyrod Taylor as their QB.

Sure, Burrow was a tad older, and coming from the SEC, but he joined a team that actually earned their #1 pick, and had a coaching staff we’re still questioning 4 years later. I think Burrow had the tougher hill to climb. Definitely tougher than Mahomes who got to sit a year behind Smith, and landed in a young QB’s dream spot with Andy Reid, and ready built team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 11:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You forgot Philly. Also low key the Vikings are very good.

I know Philly is undefeated, but I still wouldn't put them in the "elite" category. 

(11-03-2022, 11:58 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Bengals started 0-2, injuries aren't really an excuse. 23 points is still the most the Steelers have scored in a game all year.

I'm not using injuries as an excuse. I'm saying BEFORE the injuries, if our offense had played up to its potential, we would be in the same tier as KC and Buffalo.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 12:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would it have helped if I would have added "at best" to my statement? lol

Helped in making me both agree and be sad. Lol

I was ready for that first parade.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 12:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Helped in making me both agree and be sad. Lol

I was ready for that first parade.

When I had made my predictions before the season, I had the following as wins:
PIT (x2)
CLE (just 1)
BAL (just 1)
NO
ATL
NYJ
MIA
CAR

I had potential wins against NE, TEN, DAL too.
So anywhere from 9 to 12 wins.

Losing to DAL and (at least) 1 to PIT, CLE, and BAL has me thinking we'll be below my initial expectations.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 12:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Eh, Josh Allen also went to a team that won 9 games the year before (remember they traded up for him) with Tyrod Taylor as their QB.

Sure, Burrow was a tad older, and coming from the SEC, but he joined a team that actually earned their #1 pick, and had a coaching staff we’re still questioning 4 years later. I think Burrow had the tougher hill to climb. Definitely tougher than Mahomes who got to sit a year behind Smith, and landed in a young QB’s dream spot with Andy Reid, and ready built team.

Yep Josh Allen actually went to a good team.
The big question for him was can he improve his deficits and become a good QB.
BUF has helped him do that.
They went from a good team to a great team.

Bengals have gone from a bottom-tier team to now an inconsistent team. An improvement, but not where we'd like, especially after seeing them (luckily) get to the Super Bowl. Expectations got elevated after last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 11:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There seems to be some short memories wrt Allen. He didn’t even breakout until his 3rd season (Burrow did it in his 2nd), and he sure as hell wasn’t what he is now until he got Diggs.

Fair but it could be argued that Chase > Diggs
AND we also have Boyd and Tee
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 09:05 AM)EatonFan Wrote: I hate to break it to everyone, but our team is average.  We've really been kind of average for two years.  

We have an elite QB and a solid D which, in the playoffs, means a W a lot of time.

The frustrating thing is that we have a winning record against winning teams (3-2) and a losing record against losing teams (1-2).

So, all is not lost.  The NFL is about parity and we're seeing it week after week.

Granted, our schedule looks tough, but if we keep winning against winning teams... we're still in this.

At 4-4 but also at 0-3 in the AFC NORTH, Our Bengals are worse than average.  Yes 4-4 is Average, but do not over look 0-3 against AFC NORTH which is just AWFUL.   Instead of Average, we could say OVER RATED.  Bengals thought they could skip Preseason and just throw their jocks on the field and go play-offs again.   Losses to Pittsburgh, Baltimore and now Cleveland scream OVER RATED. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote