Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We are going to beat the Titans
I know it, you know it, and they know it.

Hell, I feel more confident about this game than I did about the Raiders.

We WILL put up points on this team and there is no way in HELL that the 20th rated QB in the league is going to beat Burrow.

Sell out to stop Henry (or whoever is running the ball) and make Tannehill beat you (which he can't). Burrow will put up points and TN will be chasing all day. Tannehill will end up throwing a couple picks and the game will get out of hand.

I've had way too much coffee this morning, obviously...but this is how I feel. I'll be there in TN repping, Who Dey!
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:25 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I know it, you know it, and they know it.

The Titans definitely don't know it.

8 of their 12 wins this year came against teams with winning records.  That is the most in the league and twice as many as the Bengals (4).

I think we have a good shot at winning, but it is far from a foregone conclusion.
Reply/Quote
It isn't the coffee brother. That's that bengals blood flowing. We're going to the AFC championship game. I think most of us feel the same as you.

Now let me tell you what would lose us the game. Being conservative and taking the ball out of Burrow's hands. We need to let the chef cook.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The Titans definitely don't know it.

8 of their 12 wins this year came against teams with winning records.  That is the most in the league and twice as many as the Bengals (4).

I think we have a good shot at winning, but it is far from a foregone conclusion.

They know it, they just won't say it!!! 
Reply/Quote
I think this is truly a 50/50 game and it is there for either team to take. Since JoeyB9 plays better the bigger the game, I like our chances. But anything can happen.
Reply/Quote
The titans are a better team than the Raiders but I have oddly agree. Feel more confident this week than I did last week and it’s not just because we won our first playoff game. Just feel like we match up against Tenn better than we did against LV. Hope I’m right, can’t wait till Saturday! Who Dey baby!….gonna be a long week of waiting
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:29 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The Titans definitely don't know it.

I don't think the Bengals are overlooking the Titans. They're the number 1 seed for a reason. We played GB hard. We played KC hard. Anytime a team that is doing very well plays us, we show up. I like our odds.
Reply/Quote
The D line really needs to get healthy for this one. Trench play is going to be huge. 

Hopefully the RBs can get that spring in their step back as well. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:32 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The titans are a better team than the Raiders but I have oddly agree. Feel more confident this week than I did last week and it’s not just because we won our first playoff game. Just feel like we match up against Tenn better than we did against LV. Hope I’m right, can’t wait till Saturday! Who Dey baby!….gonna be a long week of waiting

Yeah, the Titans are overall a better team than the Raiders for sure, but I think the way the Raiders play defense is just a tough matchup for what we like to do on offense.  I think the Titans are a better matchup for us, and while I'm not ready to guarantee a victory by any means, the oddsmakers basically see this as a dead-even matchup (the Titans only giving 3.5, which is roughly the home field bump)  

I think we will win, but Larry O and our DT depth does worry me some against their running game.  The offense is going to need to score more than 26 points to win IMO.  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:25 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I know it, you know it, and they know it.

We WILL put up points on this team and there is no way in HELL that the 20th rated QB in the league is going to beat Burrow.

Sell out to stop Henry (or whoever is running the ball) and make Tannehill beat you (which he can't). Burrow will put up points and TN will be chasing all day. Tannehill will end up throwing a couple picks and the game will get out of hand.

I've had way too much coffee this morning, obviously...but this is how I feel. I'll be there in TN repping, Who Dey!

The key will be getting up on them early, and by two TDs.
Force them to start throwing.

If they get a lead early, they're just gonna keep rushing and drain that clock.

I'm debating whether to go or not. Tickets are getting pricey with the service fees and taxes tacked on.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:38 AM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Yeah, the Titans are overall a better team than the Raiders for sure, but I think the way the Raiders play defense is just a tough matchup for what we like to do on offense.  I think the Titans are a better matchup for us, and while I'm not ready to guarantee a victory by any means, the oddsmakers basically see this as a dead-even matchup (the Titans only giving 3.5, which is roughly the home field bump)  

I think we will win, but Larry O and our DT depth does worry me some against their running game.  The offense is going to need to score more than 26 points to win IMO.  

Agree with this 100%. The Raiders do everything in their power to limit the big play, and one of TNs' weaknesses is the big play. I also think us being an explosive offense is reaaaaally not good for them. The last thing they want to do it have Tannehill throwing the ball all over the yard and for us to take away their run, ball control offense. 
Reply/Quote

It’s beginning to look like Taylor has been pacing the offensive scheme. The TD pass to Uzomah has been in the playbook 3 years but never used. Mostly because they hadn’t got the right defense to call it ever. But the fact it was in the playbook for that situation and the players were prepared to execute it? That’s impressive of Taylor and Burrow and Uzomah. The Chase 4th down run? Put in for SF but hadn’t used? Think about it? When they open on 4th and 1 and put Chase at running back it’s going to force teams to play it base. Then Joe can call a sneak or pitch to Chase. Brilliant . I think Taylor still has some bullets it appears.
Reply/Quote
Need Hendrickson back before I can feel confident
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 12:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Need Hendrickson back before I can feel confident

I think he plays. Just have a feeling. 
Reply/Quote

I'm surprised they gave the Bengals any points in this match up because I see it as a true pick'em game. 

While we shouldn't be overconfident, I think the Bengals have every reason to believe they can win this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The key will be getting up on them early, and by two TDs.

I'm debating whether to go or not. Tickets are getting pricey with the service fees and taxes tacked on.

The handling fee, admin fee, fee fee, because we can fee, "what are you going to do not go" fee, etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 11:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The key will be getting up on them early, and by two TDs.

Bingo !

You can't play from behind against them much.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, stop the running attack by the Titans and make Tannehill (and his superhot wife) beat us in the air passing attack.

Best thing to do is get ahead early, so they have to attempt to play catch-up and have to pass more often.

We really need our D-line to step it up this week, control the line of scrimmage and we can keep there running game in check for the most part. 

-magikod
WHO DEY!
Tiger Who Dey Rock On
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
If only the game was 1 QB vs the other QB and not everyone else on the field. Tannehill isn't a top tier QB but he's not a scrub. He has only thrown one int in their last 5 games and in general typically (since being with the Titans) takes good care of the football.

He's definitely having a down year compared to the last 2 but the Titans record isn't a fluke.
Reply/Quote
Titans DBs and pass defense are ranked 27th. Expect an air assault.. Burrow is 4-0 his last 4 games with a 134 rating and 10 tds... 41-24  Bengals....
Reply/Quote