Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We better get Uzomah..
(10-07-2016, 10:16 PM)jeremydc Wrote: I've seen good things from Uz. They'll get the syncing down. He will score a TD or two against Dallas.

The syncing between his eyes and his hands?   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2016, 05:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Aren't you just a ray of sunshine..

It will be so fun watching UK fans crying when their basketball team fails to win a NC this March! Hilarious

YOU SHUT YOUR SMELLY PIRATE HOOKER MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 10:16 PM)jeremydc Wrote: I've seen good things from Uz. They'll get the syncing down. He will score a TD or two against Dallas.

I realize game time and practice are different things, but between Eifert and Kroft stretching "not big deal" injuries into year-long trauma shouldn't Uzomah have had plenty of time to "get in synch" with Dalton in the past few months?
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 11:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize game time and practice are different things, but between Eifert and Kroft stretching "not big deal" injuries into year-long trauma shouldn't Uzomah have had plenty of time to "get in synch" with Dalton in the past few months?

The dude is our 2015 5th round 3rd string TE who is thrusted into the starting line up. Gotta give the guy a break.

Sure he has had time with Dalton but clearly he needs more. He's no Eifert or even Gresh but a heck of a lot better than Coats.

Dallas will be his break out game.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 12:30 AM)jeremydc Wrote: The dude is our 2015 5th round 3rd string TE who is thrusted into the starting line up. Gotta give the guy a break.

Sure he has had time with Dalton but clearly he needs more. He's no Eifert or even Gresh but a heck of a lot better than Coats.

Dallas will be his break out game.

I get it, they all need more time to heal and to get in synch.  I just wish they healed and got in synch sometime over the summer is all.  The season is 25% in the bag as it is. Hell, even if Eifert came back tomorrow I"d wager he's going to need a month or so to "knock off the rust." There just aren't enough NFL games for a team that is supposedly a contender to get up to speed.

I guess it doesn't matter because he's going to become a great TE this week so I'll just hope for the best.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 12:50 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I get it, they all need more time to heal and to get in synch.  I just wish they healed and got in synch sometime over the summer is all.  The season is 25% in the bag as it is.  Hell, even if Eifert came back tomorrow I"d wager he's going to need a month or so to "knock off the rust."  There just aren't enough NFL games for a team that is supposedly a contender to get up to speed.

I guess it doesn't matter because he's going to become a great TE this week so I'll just hope for the best.

Not great. Serviceable.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 01:10 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Not great. Serviceable.

Hey now, you said a TD or two.  We shall see, and I hope he does fine but he isn't a rookie and we might not have the luxury of waiting another 2 years for him to step up.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 01:13 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Hey now, you said a TD or two.  We shall see, and I hope he does fine but he isn't a rookie and we might not have the luxury of waiting another 2 years for him to step up.

ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2016, 08:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Fine, I won't spoil your optimism.  I was under the impression Eifert was either going to be 100% by day one and/or Kroft/Uzomoah were going to be awesome as hell by now, given the optimism I'd heard for months on end.

Optimism WAS Uzomah being a regular Eifert when he got the chance, but now optimism has decayed to Uzomah eventually learning how to make an NFL-caliber catch.  Ouch.

Anyways, I'm not pissing on the Bengals' TE parade as much as I'm just thinking said parade may BE a parade of piss.

Eifert - TOTALLY going to be fine any day now (for 10 months)
Kroft - TOTALLY going to be comparable to Eifert on the field. Whoops, his "he will totally be fine in 18 minutes and 39 seconds" knee injury is holding him back over 2 months later
Uzomah - piss until specified otherwise

Easy, Nate. I understand the frustration but I think you're exaggerating how optimistic people were...by a smidge. I'd say the general consensus was that Eifert would be back by midseason at the very latest and that Kroft or CJ could be serviceable in his absence.

I don't think people were that far off honestly. We're going into week 5. If Eifert winds up missing damn near the whole year, the Bengals go 8-8 and CJ drops a ton of passes, I'd understand rubbing some noses in it.

But as of now, Eifert could very well be back next week, and frankly I think TE is pretty far down the list of problems. CJ is on pace for over 500 yards with 1 drop apparently. He hasn't been great by any stretch, but he hasn't been a turd either.

(10-06-2016, 11:28 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Doing it in the underwear olympics doesn't mean he can do it on the field during a game.

You said there's no proof that CJ is athletic. The combine is really the only way to judge that. Well that, and he looked pretty athletic on that 50 harder. It's early, but I don't think lack of athleticism is a problem with CJ.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Ehh, you've got me there, Shake. I've been suffering from TE-related insanity for a while now. I realize it's my own devil's advocate nature that puts me in the oddest of situations but lordy I feel like I've been told to both expect MORE and expect LESS from our TEs. It's wacky, I tells ya!

I will say I was really hoping Kroft lit it up, not only because I'm a Bengals fan BUT Seals & Crofts' Dash Crofts inspired me to start playing the mandolin years ago. I'm odd.
Reply/Quote
To be fair to Coats he played that last season with a thumb that probably should have been hospitalized, dislocated and broken, but hey.. Andy played with a broken thumb... Oh wait..no he didn't..
I was never a big Coats fan, but give him credit for hanging in there..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 03:50 PM)grampahol Wrote: To be fair to Coats he played that last season with a thumb that probably should have been hospitalized, dislocated and broken, but hey.. Andy played with a broken thumb... Oh wait..no he didn't..
I was never a big Coats fan, but give him credit for hanging in there..

Coats played like all ten fingers and both arms were broken.
Reply/Quote
I know the stat freaks say 1 drop but in the real would it's at least 4 drops.

But really TE is not the worst issue on offense - Center and RG are.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 12:39 AM)Joelist Wrote: I know the stat freaks say 1 drop but in the real would it's at least 4 drops.

Tight you are. And....Dalton hasn't been exactly stellar with his throws to UZ. Sad
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 01:11 AM)Derrick Wrote: Tight you are. And....Dalton hasn't been exactly stellar with his throws to UZ. Sad

I meant Right not Tight. Sorry.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 01:11 AM)Derrick Wrote: Tight you are. And....Dalton hasn't been exactly stellar with his throws to UZ. Sad

His throws were just fine. Uzomah has to catch balls especially when they are right at him which they all have been. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 12:39 AM)Joelist Wrote: I know the stat freaks say 1 drop but in the real would it's at least 4 drops.

Agreed. It's definitely more than 1 drop for CJ. I'd say it's more C and RT that are the problem with the line though. Hard to judge Zeit when he's working between that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2016, 11:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I realize game time and practice are different things, but between Eifert and Kroft stretching "not big deal" injuries into year-long trauma shouldn't Uzomah have had plenty of time to "get in synch" with Dalton in the past few months?

He hasn't missed a game this season.
Reply/Quote