Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We do not want the jets
Bring on the steelers next week! We do not want the jets! I am serious. This article says what I have been saying recently. Fans are scared of the steelers....the Bengals players are not.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/1/2/10684136/jets-playoffs-afc-wild-card-dangerous-team
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 05:53 PM)Beaker Wrote: Bring on the steelers next week! We do not want the jets! I am serious. This article says what I have been saying recently. Fans are scared of the steelers....the Bengals players are not.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2016/1/2/10684136/jets-playoffs-afc-wild-card-dangerous-team

Regardless of who we're playing next week, this team will need to show up and stay HEALTHY. I don't trust Marvin in playoff games, here's to hoping that AJ is the antidote.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think we can beat whoever is in front of us this year. However, the Steelers have a pattern of intentionally injuring our players and getting away with it with a slap on the wrist. If we play them in the playoffs, they will go after Eifert early because he is a huge mismatch for them. I would rather play a less dirty team, especially since the league does nothing substantial about the Steelers and their dirty ways.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 05:53 PM)Beaker Wrote: Bring on the steelers next week! We do not want the jets! I am serious. This article says what I have been saying recently. Fans are scared of the steelers....the Bengals players are not.

I'm fine with either of them. I'd rather break the tie with Pittsburgh, but whatever.
Reply/Quote
Both teams would be tough for different reasons, but as an attendee of our playoff game, gimme the Jets. They don't travel. So, no obnoxious, drunken, moronic visiting fans to deal with (just the usual obnoxious, drunken, moronic home fans).
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Steelers aren't even a good team. Their defense is atrocious, their QB has like 18 TD/14 INT.

The Jets have two really good WRs, the best CB duo in the NFL, and one of the best DL in football.

If it weren't for the fact the Bengals let themselves get spanked at home every time against the Steelers, we'd realize they're pretty much a joke team right now.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 06:16 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Both teams would be tough for different reasons, but as an attendee of our playoff game, gimme the Jets.  They don't travel.  So, no obnoxious, drunken, moronic visiting fans to deal with (just the usual obnoxious, drunken, moronic home fans).

That's the big thing to me.  For some dumb reason, the local Bengals fans don't want to snatch up all of the tickets and make it a home team crowd.  Instead, they will sell to opposing fans (or just not buy them so they are available at face value) and yet become mad that there is a large presence for the opposition in the stands.
Reply/Quote

Screw that. I want the Jets.

I'm still not over the double beat down we got from them in the 2009 season when we lost to them in week 17 (37-0) and then again the following week in the Wild Card game (24-14). I honestly think those back to back losses and playoff knockout are what makes me hate the Jets so much till this day.
Reply/Quote

Regardless of who we're playing next week, this team will need to show up and stay HEALTHY. I don't trust Marvin in playoff games, here's to hoping that AJ is the antidote.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

I'll take the Jets and be happy with it. Fitzy and his band of merry men don't scare me but neither do the Steelers. The Jets "hot streak" has been against bad teams and an injured Pats team, in NY. Bring them on.

I'd like to see the Steelers miss out on the playoffs due to their own inability to sack up and beat a bad Ravens team.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'd rather play the Jets than the Steelers, for sure.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If we have Andy I'd rather face the Steelers.

If we have AJM I'd rather face the Jets.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 06:22 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Screw that. I want the Jets.

I'm still not over the double beat down we got from them in the 2009 season when we lost to them in week 17 (37-0) and then again the following week in the Wild Card game (24-14). I honestly think those back to back losses and playoff knockout are what makes me hate the Jets so much till this day.

That was a miserable way to end the season. I and the not-yet-Mrs. Llama sat out in the freezing cold watching that miserable playoff game. The only downside to beating the Jets in a playoff game now would be not having Rex or Sanchez there to take the beatdown.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 06:58 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That was a miserable way to end the season.  I and the not-yet-Mrs. Llama sat out in the freezing cold watching that miserable playoff game.  The only downside to beating the Jets in a playoff game now would be not having Rex or Sanchez there to take the beatdown.

Rex got his beatdown in '13, though a playoff beatdown would have been better.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

x2
Reply/Quote
To be honest, whoever we play.. We SHOULD (keyword: SHOULD) be prepared.

Bengals SHOULD (keyword: SHOULD) win, but it's hard to tell with this team. I rather face the Jets because it seems like the Steelers for some reason have our number at our place.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Im ok with either but the jets not being familiar with us helps.    They barely beat the Kellen moore led Cowboys
Reply/Quote
Forget the Steelers or Jets
I JUST WANT A BYE !!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2016, 10:00 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: Forget the Steelers or Jets
I JUST WANT A BYE !!

The Chargers have to win in Denver for this to happen. I was looking at one of their blogs and even their own fans want them to lose in order to get the highest draft pick possible.  I don't see it happening at this point.
Reply/Quote
Give me the steelers.....all day long.
Reply/Quote