Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We got hosed.
I don't think we got hosed, but there is 100% potential for the worst case scenario to bite us in the ass, HARD.

Luckily, if we take care of business, we can avoid the shit and be in the right shape.

I'm just bummed we don't get a Brandon Allen/Anthony Brown game. I like watching the backups and if they win, it means our depth is formidable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:24 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The Ravens had a viable path to winning the division if the Bills game existed.

I realize everyone’s idea of fairness is “screw Baltimore”, but that’s not going to be the move.

Bengals had a more viable path, win or tie a home game against a team that's secondary was depleted in first ten minutes, were up 7-3 and driving again.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:05 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Buffalo was smart and had a dome stadium, game would have been played in Buffalo. Their loss of a home game is 100% on them.

Problem is they still would have to make it there. 
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:59 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: omg..

Because Buffalo and Cincinnati have played the exact same number of games and Buffalo has one more win than Cincinnati. 

Because Baltimore has played one more game than Cincinnati, so, even if the Ravens win, they have one more loss and have no chance to match the Bengals record and win the AFCN. They are literally not allowed to compete for the division because the Bengals didn't have to play Buffalo and potentially lose. 

Why do you assume  Bengal loss and totally ignore a Cincy/Buffalo tie also?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:09 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Bengals had a more viable path, win or tie a home game against a team that's secondary was depleted in first ten minutes, were up 7-3 and driving again.

They still have a more viable path. Win and there’s no coin flip.
Reply/Quote
I think the most legitimate gripe (beyond the rulebook gripe raised by Mixon and Katie) is that the Ravens/Bengals coin flip logic, if accepted, should be applied the same way to Bengals/Chiefs. I would also say Bengals/Bills, though I acknowledge the “different number of games” case isn’t there.

The underlying probability theory and philosophy of the Ravens/Bengals ruling is reasonably sound. That rationale has not been applied consistently though, and the inconsistency is probably not great for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Do we get 10 home games and the Ravens 8 home games in 2023 to offset us being the only NFL team to play 7 home games in 2022?

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:18 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: They still have a more viable path. Win and there’s no coin flip.

This is nonsensical, the Bengals had 2 games to win one game.  The first game they were winning and the Bills were down several players.  Winning that game allowed for the Bengals to lose vs the Ravens and still maintain a home playoff game without question.  

Just say you are a Bills or KC fan, I hate imagining that you are one of ours and this dense.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:45 AM)casear2727 Wrote:

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Sounds like we got hosed.

A coin flip to determine home field vs. Baltimore if we lose this week? Why not a neutral field?

And why not a neutral field if we face the Bills in Round 2? --a highly likely scenario.

By not being able to finish that game we definitely get hosed--and Burrow missed an opportunity to cement his MVP status.

That said, we should all be used to this. And it's on the team to prove that none of this matters.

Sucks to get hosed, but I guarantee the team will be focused on the opportunity.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:33 AM)casear2727 Wrote: This is nonsensical, the Bengals had 2 games to win one game.  The first game they were winning and the Bills were down several players.  Winning that game allowed for the Bengals to lose vs the Ravens and still maintain a home playoff game without question.  

Just say you are a Bills or KC fan, I hate imagining that you are one of ours and this dense.

You’re not listening. I said that the Bengals currently have a more viable path to hosting a playoff game than the Ravens do. That is an objective fact. You don’t have to like the details, but what I said is an objective fact.

[Win game] is a more viable path than [win game and a coin flip]. Fighting that is fighting basic math. If you don’t think the difference is good enough, then fine —> that’s a different argument.
Reply/Quote
Let me get this straight. This decision locks KC and Buffalo into the number 1 and 2 seed with nothing to play for week 18 right?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:59 AM)Synric Wrote: Let me get this straight. This decision locks KC and Buffalo into the number 1 and 2 seed with nothing to play for week 18 right?

No. Both have to win their week 18 games to secure those positions.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:59 AM)Synric Wrote: Let me get this straight. This decision locks KC and Buffalo into the number 1 and 2 seed with nothing to play for week 18 right?

KC is the #1 seed no matter what. If Bills lose and Bengals win, they will have the same record but Bengals would win the tiebreaker and be #2.
Reply/Quote

No. If Buff loses to the Pats and the Bengals win, Bengals are #2 seed.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The Bills can take the 1-seed if KC loses to the Raiders.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 03:03 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The Bills can take the 1-seed if KC loses to the Raiders.

My mistake. That is true.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:56 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: You’re not listening. I said that the Bengals currently have a more viable path to hosting a playoff game than the Ravens do. That is an objective fact. You don’t have to like the details, but what I said is an objective fact.

[Win game] is a more viable path than [win game and a coin flip]. Fighting that is fighting basic math. If you don’t think the difference is good enough, then fine —> that’s a different argument.

I see, win one game is more viable than win one game and a 2 second coin flip?  Gotcha... HUGE difference there...

Well it was win ONE of TWO games...

It is good to see the experts coming out on Twitter saying how terrible the Bengals were screwed, sad that we have our own fans thinking this is just fine and dandy.

Reply/Quote