Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We have a new star on ours hands
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-26-detroit-lions-17

Quote:CB WILLIAM JACKSON III, 85.8 OVERALL GRADE
Jackson didn’t allow a catch for the second straight week. He’s now allowed eight yards into his coverage since taking over as the starter in Week 13. He was targeted three times and had one pass breakup.

[Image: Game-Ball-CIN-a-768x432.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I see some Johnathan Joseph in him.

Good coverage and awareness to break up passes.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Merry Christmas ..the Bengals just announced he's been traded for a pair of shining new 1973 Adidas tennis shoes, size 6 1/2.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
He and Lawson really get me pumped up. They are a couple bright spots on this dreary team. He should line up across opposing #1s regardless of where they are lined up. Can't believe we paid Dre K. when he couldn't cover water if he fell out of a boat.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 12:56 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: He and Lawson really get me pumped up. They are a couple bright spots on this dreary team. He should line up across opposing #1s regardless of where they are lined up. Can't believe we paid Dre K. when he couldn't cover water if he fell out of a boat.

DreK had a decent game except his penalty.

Let's just hope that a new position coach can get more out of him.

A player that expensive shouldn't need to be coached up but that's exactly what he needs.

That compounded with competition might just polish him up.

I also might add that our safeties and CBs are lacking intelligent vet leadership/mentors.

Hall, Nelson, Newman all offered that for the young guys...  all they have had recently is an emotional leader thug in Pacman.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 12:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-cincinnati-bengals-26-detroit-lions-17

[Image: Game-Ball-CIN-a-768x432.jpg]

People's minds are going to explode. I thought the current disgruntled fan narrative is that the Bengals only draft 1st round busts????

Seriously, though, I'm pretty sure WJ3 could have been doing this since week 3. #Stickbyourvets. Come to think of it, I am going to tweet Trump right after this about putting Marvin in charge of Veteran benefits. Every vet will have a life time job under Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 01:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: DreK had a decent game except his penalty.

A player that expensive shouldn't need to be coached up but that's exactly what he needs.

I also might add that our safeties and CBs are lacking intelligent vet leadership/mentors.

Hall, Nelson, Newman all offered that for the young guys...  all they have had recently is an emotional leader thug in Pacman.

From what I understand it was mostly Pacman and Crocker working with the younger guys when Hall Nelson Newman and Crocker were in Cincy.

As for mentors Dre Kirkpatrick and a George Iloka are now veterans.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 01:13 PM)Synric Wrote: From what I understand it was mostly Pacman and Crocker working with the younger guys when Hall Nelson Newman and Crocker were in Cincy.

As for mentors Dre Kirkpatrick and a George Iloka are now veterans.

You're missing my point.

Those guys were on-field intelligent leaders too.

Iloka is missing Nelson.  It really shows.  DreK is far too immature even being a vet.

Sorry if you don't think they're valued experience is missed.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 01:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: DreK had a decent game except his penalty.

Dre sorta had to pull that PI on Marvin Jones. Fedj wasn't where he was supposed to be, and they both looked to be looking cluelessly at the sideline.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Dre honestly believes that he’s the best CB in the league. He sucks and is a cocky show off to boot. WJ3 has looked very good and is exciting to watch. He may be everything that Dre pretends to be.
Reply/Quote
Wow,  I'm so glad that they waited until his rookie deal was almost half over to play him. It makes almost as much sense as playing:
Thomas Howard over a young Vontez Burfict, or Robert Geathers over Dunlap, or Hill and Mixon over Bernard, or Michael Johnson over Lawson, or whoever(Tank Johnson?) over Atkins, or Chris Crocker(Roy Williams?) over Reggie Nelson, or Nate Livings over Evan Mathis, or Ced Ogbuehi over a ham sandwich...
Why is this so easy?!?!
Reply/Quote
Jackson is a beast. PERIOD!
Reply/Quote
love WJ3. hes a player. future pro bowler. this year too if it wasn't for marvin. cant stand Dre K...garbage n over paid. i still believe Pitt purposely acted like they had interest in him , just so the bengals would pay more..fml
Reply/Quote
Yet our idiot coach decided to still play PacMan............what a joke............
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 01:49 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Wow,  I'm so glad that they waited until his rookie deal was almost half over to play him. It makes almost as much sense as playing:
Thomas Howard over a young Vontez Burfict, or Robert Geathers over Dunlap, or Hill and Mixon over Bernard, or Michael Johnson over Lawson, or whoever(Tank Johnson?) over Atkins, or Chris Crocker(Roy Williams?) over Reggie Nelson, or Nate Livings over Evan Mathis, or Ced Ogbuehi over a ham sandwich...
Why is this so easy?!?!

And, there you have Marvin Lewis in a nutshell covered in Mikey brown stuff. CLUELESS!
Reply/Quote
Said week one he was a shut down corner.

They flagged hI'm on two spectacular plays early on.

What the heck takes so long to get him the starts.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Coyle should get some credit for the growth of both WJIII and Dennard. Along with his prior work with Pac in his prime down to Hall, Joseph, Crocker, Tory James and Deltha O'neal etc. He's good with cb's. Struggles to develop Safeties. Dre's an outlier for him as it relates to cb development (and he had him playing good enough to get paid last season). And he knows Zimmers scheme. If Guenther stays, I see Coyle staying.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 01:49 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Wow,  I'm so glad that they waited until his rookie deal was almost half over to play him. It makes almost as much sense as playing:
Why is this so easy?!?!

He was out last year with a torn pec.
Reply/Quote
Yes.. yes we do. And Dennard finally appears to be getting it together as well. Very exciting future at that position.

Reply/Quote
It has been perfectly obvious from very early on that Jackson was a rare talent who should have been starting right away. It took far too long for him to be getting sufficient snaps. Typical.
Reply/Quote