Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
We have leader for RT in free agency....
(02-13-2024, 11:56 AM)Whatever Wrote: Being fair, the last two T classes were bad(2023 just brutally so).  If you really took time to dig into the prospects and if you didn't go into your analysis just sold on "we need to draft a starting T", it was pretty plain to see.

The current class, imho, is a better class than the '21 class.  Looking at the Day 1/2  kid's rookie years...

Penei Sewell-77.0
Rashawn Slater-83.6
Alex Leatherwood-45.0
Christian Darrisaw-71.9

Walker Little -68.5
Sam Cosmi-74.9
Dillon Radunz-49.7
Teven Jenkins -47.5
Brady Christensen -61.6

Good post. I thought about going back 3 years, but did not have the juice to fo it. 

Just to be clear, I am all for going RT at 18. I just realize that the guy we get could be kind of raw (Guyton, Mims) and a value FA to tie us over while #18 develops is a pretty good use of FA $$$. 

It also might letvylus trade down for more picks. We could likely nab Guyton or Mins in the 20s while Fuaga & Latham could be gone by 18. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 11:35 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: You posted a little cartoon of the dog & the fire. It is pretty intellectually dishonest to say you were not saying he was a dum0ster fire/bust. 

That cartoon simply represents the thought that 'everything is ok' while chaos is going on all around you.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 12:16 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Good post. I thought about going back 3 years, but did not have the juice to fo it. 

Just to be clear, I am all for going RT at 18. I just realize that the guy we get could be kind of raw (Guyton, Mims) and a value FA to tie us over while #18 develops is a pretty good use of FA $$$. 

It also might letvylus trade down for more picks. We could likely nab Guyton or Mins in the 20s while Fuaga & Latham could be gone by 18. 

Go back 3 years and the first guy you see is a dude named Peneii Sewell. He's pretty good. It's also why I'm higher on Kingsley Suam than others. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Signing Eluemunor is not a bad idea - it means RT is covered and frees up our draft. If there is an obviously better RT there at 18 you can do that and have depth from either the pick or Eluemunor.

Also of interest will be seeing what the offense looks like schematically next season. We have some new coaching blood now and they were already starting to evolve it so we will see what happens.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 02:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Go back 3 years and the first guy you see is a dude named Peneii Sewell. He's pretty good. It's also why I'm higher on Kingsley Suam than others. 

I love Kingsley but man his run blocking needs some work.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 04:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Signing Eluemunor is not a bad idea - it means RT is covered and frees up our draft. If there is an obviously better RT there at 18 you can do that and have depth from either the pick or Eluemunor.

Also of interest will be seeing what the offense looks like schematically next season. We have some new coaching blood now and they were already starting to evolve it so we will see what happens.

Agree, I am very curious at what our Offense will look like with Pitcher being the OC and Rascati and Salkin being added to the Offensive staff.
Reply/Quote
Sooner or later we need to spend money elsewhere and start drafting O line well.

None of the FAs i'm seeing now are more enticing then some of the O linemen i'm seeing in this class. The ceiling for a lot of these guys are higher than that of the FAs.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 06:46 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Sooner or later we need to spend money elsewhere and start drafting O line well.

None of the FAs i'm seeing now are more enticing then some of the O linemen i'm seeing in this class. The ceiling for a lot of these guys are higher than that of the FAs.

It is a below average Oline free agency, of course we havent drafted oline well for over a decade either.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 06:46 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Sooner or later we need to spend money elsewhere and start drafting O line well.

I agree but I dont think we want to go into next season counting on a rookie at RT.  Eluemunor is not a great RT but he is solid.  Depending what kind of contract he wants, he could be a good FA signing where we dont need to worry about the RT position but could still draft offensive linemen if a couple of good ones make it to our picks.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 01:38 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I agree but I dont think we want to go into next season counting on a rookie at RT.  Eluemunor is not a great RT but he is solid.  Depending what kind of contract he wants, he could be a good FA signing where we dont need to worry about the RT position but could still draft offensive linemen if a couple of good ones make it to our picks.

Eluemenour has been better the last 2 years than anybody on our OL PFF wise besides Orlando Brown Jr in 2022 and they both were a 75 so let that sink in.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2024, 01:38 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I agree but I dont think we want to go into next season counting on a rookie at RT.  Eluemunor is not a great RT but he is solid.  Depending what kind of contract he wants, he could be a good FA signing where we dont need to worry about the RT position but could still draft offensive linemen if a couple of good ones make it to our picks.

Yes, getting Eluemunor would free up our Draft and we could still Draft O-line early. But being solid at RT would help this team big time
and we could draft for the future.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2024, 04:48 PM)pulses Wrote: I love Kingsley but man his run blocking needs some work.

So it would be a good fit.
Volson would be much better on a Run first oriented team, which is not us. I would love to find a way to get Powers-Johnson and Beebe in the draft. Best looking C to come out in a while and best Passing LG as well.  Especially if we can sign a FA RT. 
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 04:21 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So it would be a good fit.
Volson would be much better on a Run first oriented team, which is not us. I would love to find a way to get Powers-Johnson and Beebe in the draft. Best looking C to come out in a while and best Passing LG as well.  Especially if we can sign a FA RT. 

I would have no problem in taking Powers Johnson at 18. Think we'll sign Eluemenour.
Reply/Quote

Powers-Johnson and Beebe are growing on me as well. I wouldn't mind going 1-2 with these guys in the Draft after bringing in Eluemunor 
in Free Agency along with a pass rushing 3-tech. This sure would help to solidify the trenches.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Powers-Johnson and Beebe are growing on me as well. I wouldn't mind going 1-2 with these guys in the Draft after bringing in Eluemunor 
in Free Agency along with a pass rushing 3-tech. This sure would help to solidify the trenches.

The coach we brought in from Oregon should certainly be familiar with him.

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 09:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The coach we brought in from Oregon should certainly be familiar with him.
And also Franklin the WR as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2024, 09:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The coach we brought in from Oregon should certainly be familiar with him.

Very true. As Pulses says the WR Franklin also and their RB Bucky Irving he would also be familiar with.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 03:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very true. As Pulses says the WR Franklin also and their RB Bucky Brooks he would also be familiar with.

Bucky Irving Tongue Tongue
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2024, 06:24 PM)pulses Wrote: Bucky Irving Tongue Tongue

Oops, good correction. Doesn't surprise me I made that mistake though lol
Reply/Quote

Volson would be much better on a CFL team
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote