Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
We have the coaching advantage
Yeah Andy Reid has won a SB now but he is a terrible playoff coach. For further reference I present this video highlighting Andy Reid's playoff failures. Fast forward to last season not taking the FG at the half. Zac has remarkably improved. Him and Lou they should be coaching circles around Reid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLpsvxkQSQ8
Reply/Quote
I don’t think our coaching advantage is by way of Zac over Reid but rather via Lou over Steve Spagnuolo and by only a slight margin.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 02:46 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Yeah Andy Reid has won a SB now but he is a terrible playoff coach. For further reference I present this video highlighting Andy Reid's playoff failures. Fast forward to last season not taking the FG at the half. Zac has remarkably improved. Him and Lou they should be coaching circles around Reid.

My favorite thing about this video it says 1999-2020 but was published back in 2017 lol.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 02:50 PM)Whacked Wrote: I don’t think our coaching advantage is by way of Zac over Reid but rather via Lou over Steve Spagnuolo and by only a slight margin.

Well there’s some substance in your thoughts but let’s don’t forget the offense had deficits a few of those games and delivered and at critical times. No way Zac Taylor is a better coach than Andy Reid. He doesn’t have the skins on the wall but 3-0 is 3-0.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 02:46 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Yeah Andy Reid has won a SB now but he is a terrible playoff coach. For further reference I present this video highlighting Andy Reid's playoff failures. Fast forward to last season not taking the FG at the half. Zac has remarkably improved. Him and Lou they should be coaching circles around Reid.

????  He ranks 2nd in most playoff wins.. i don;t think that supports your narrative.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 04:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: ????  He ranks 2nd in most playoff wins.. i don;t think that supports your narrative.

True, Reid is one of the best coaches in the business. Respect.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 09:24 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: True, Reid is one of the best coaches in the business. Respect.

Yeah, been to the Super Bowl with two teams, and won one. Reid is in with the top of the pack.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Reid can certainly hold his own coaching no doubt.

But still not trading our coaches for theirs

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 09:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, been to the Super Bowl with two teams, and won one. Reid is in with the top of the pack.

But he draws moustaches on people who fall asleep! That is Busch league!!
Reply/Quote
These threads are getting weirder and weirder.

Reply/Quote
The price of having a good team is it's no longer the die-hards posting. Some of them post like they just found the internet.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I don't mean this rudely because I love what Zac has done with this team, but if Reid's offensive ingenuity had had Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst, Mixon and the fully healthy OL early in the year, they're probably not having growing pains and are probably scoring 35 a game. Reid is the guy that other offensive coaches steal from, not vice versa. Great coach, seems like a great guy.
Reply/Quote
Andy Reid has been fired as a head coach too, which shows every coach can struggle. They were talking about the Chiefs yesterday and their situation, and they (I can't remember who said it) was talking about Reid calling plays in to Mahomes. It was like "Does it really matter which play I call in there, because if it's not there, there is a huge chance Patrick will improvise, extend the play and make a play with his feet or his arm, since he throws the football like a short stop." Zac haters are quick to point out Joe makes him look good. Well, if that's true than it has to be the same for Reid/Mahomes, right?

On edit: I just remembered, it was on Rich Gannon's show....
Reply/Quote
For whatever reason, Reid does struggle against Cincinnati. I heard yesterday, he's 1-2 as a Chief's coach, and was 1-4 as an Eagle's coach. Lifetime total..2-6 vs the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 10:08 PM)bengalfan47 Wrote: But he draws moustaches on people who fall asleep! That is Busch league!!

Touché..... LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 10:29 AM)Goalpost Wrote: For whatever reason, Reid does struggle against Cincinnati. I heard yesterday, he's 1-2 as a Chief's coach, and was 1-4 as an Eagle's coach. Lifetime total..2-6 vs the Bengals.

How can he be 1-2 with KC against us? We’ve beaten him 3 times in a row. Unless it’s only counting regular season games.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 04:16 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: ????  He ranks 2nd in most playoff wins.. i don;t think that supports your narrative.

Yep. By nature of playoff football, you're going to get losses on your record too.
Reply/Quote

is making and Hosting the AFCCG 5 seasons in a row considered playoff failure?
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 01:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: is making and Hosting the AFCCG 5 seasons in a row considered playoff failure?

I remember when the Bills lost their 4th straight Super Bowl in 4 consecutive years. They way people talked about them, you'd think they were one of the worst teams in the league!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2023, 01:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: is making and Hosting the AFCCG 5 seasons in a row considered playoff failure?

If you only win those games 2 out of the 5 times, I would say that could be considered a failure.

That said, if the Chiefs win this time and make it 3 out of the 5 times, then no, that would not be considered failure.
Reply/Quote