Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
QB Rankings
(11-17-2016, 02:29 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's a fantasy site my man.....here's some real numbers from pro football reference:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016//passing.htm

Comp.: 12th
Att.:  15th
Comp.%: 13th
Yards: 6th
TDs: 20th
INT:  24th (he has 4)
INT%: 10th
Longest pass: 13th
YPA: 4th
YPC: 6th
YPG: 9th
Rating: 12th
Sacks: 2nd
Yards Lost: 4th
4QCB: 14th

Paints a little different picture, no?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2016&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

This is directly from the NFL and it paints a drastically different picture than what you just quoted!

Yards per game: 8th
Completion %: 22nd
Touchdowns: 20th
Rating: 24th

Let us all not forget prior to last year, Andy was the source of a major split in the fanbase, half of the people thought he was a great QB leading the Bengals to the playoffs and winning seasons, and the other half felt that was all good but Andy was woefully inadequate in big time games.

The truth is he had a phenomenal 2015 until he broke his thumb and basically quieted the whole thing, but justifiably he has some real debatable issues. The line is horrible this year so it's hard to judge right now, but I will say this a vast majority of his fans here drastically overrate his ability when compared to his accomplishments.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 07:14 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Prove the statement wrong then. Oh wait, you can't. So who's talking crazy?
Your statement, "If Andy improves a lot in his 7th season he could be the best QB in football!"
Fortunately, you included the words "a lot" so I'll agree it's true.

But what makes it crazy to me is that you chose to make that statement when he's struggling mightily. What are you seeing from him right now that leads you to make that statement? I'm not being sarcastic, I'd really like to know!

Look, at this very moment, Andy is probably ranked in the middle or slightly lower in the pack amongst starting QBs for this season. Using your logic, can't the same statement can be made about the entire upper half ranked QB's? If one of them were to improve "a lot", couldn't he be the best QB in football?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:41 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Your statement, "If Andy improves a lot in his 7th season he could be the best QB in football!"

But what makes it crazy to me is that you chose to make that statement when he's struggling mightily. What are you seeing from him right now that leads you to make that statement? I'm not being sarcastic, I'd really like to know!

Look, at this very moment, Andy is probably ranked in the middle or slightly lower in the pack amongst starting QBs for this season. Using your logic, can't the same statement can be made about the entire upper half ranked QB's? If one of them were to improve "a lot", couldn't he be the best QB in football?
You know brownshoe is the biggest Dalton lover on this forum dont you?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 07:38 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2016&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

This is directly from the NFL and it paints a drastically different picture than what you just quoted!

Yards per game: 8th
Completion %: 22nd
Touchdowns: 20th
Rating: 24th

Let us all not forget prior to last year, Andy was the source of a major split in the fanbase, half of the people thought he was a great QB leading the Bengals to the playoffs and winning seasons, and the other half felt that was all good but Andy was woefully inadequate in big time games.

The truth is he had a phenomenal 2015 until he broke his thumb and basically quieted the whole thing, but justifiably he has some real debatable issues. The line is horrible this year so it's hard to judge right now, but I will say this a vast majority of his fans here drastically overrate his ability when compared to his accomplishments.

How's it drastically different? It's just a week newer. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2016, 12:45 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The key to both are pretty much the same. Buy property, gentrify and raise the rent as high as possible to take everyone else's money, and avoid going to jail.   Ninja

I always win by winning the beauty contests and robbing the community fund..  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:41 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Your statement, "If Andy improves a lot in his 7th season he could be the best QB in football!"

Yeah because he's had so much to work with all year lol. What QB can take that situation and do much better? He's got a while new cast other than Green Eifert has been out almost all year, the OL is the worst in the league, no running game because our OL sucks.

Even if you look at when Tom Brady doesn't have Gronk his numbers are pedestrian.

You need to think what he has to work with before you say something that silly. Dalton has been playing amazing this season considering what he's had to go through, and to say otherwise is ignoring everything just so they can say Dalton isn't that good.
Reply/Quote