Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We might need to start trading star players...
I know this will be unpopular, but we might need to start trading these guys rather than lose them in free agency.

My favorite player AJ Green...trade him to the Patriots for a 1st and 3rd Round pick. He's starting to rack up injuries and is going to be a free agent soon and he's over 30 years old.

Guys like Atkins and Dunlap should be traded too if we can find a taker willing to give 1st Round picks.

We're looking at a 2-3-4 year rebuild...and unfortunately our stars are 30 years old and won't be productive at a high level when that completes.
Reply/Quote
I would support this if a complete overhaul of the coaching staff took place and quite possibly a GM put into place even though that's a big wish list.
This staff cannot bring us a winner as has been evidenced since Paul Brown died so many years ago.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 01:29 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: I would support this if a complete overhaul of the coaching staff took place and quite possibly a GM put into place even though that's a big wish list.
This staff cannot bring us a winner as has been evidenced since Paul Brown died so many years ago.

Yeah...more draft picks would probably just get botched.
Reply/Quote
This plan only works for me if they clean house at the coaching staff. I have zero interest in seeing yet another reboot under Marvin Lewis.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This isn't Madden. Look at the return on players over the last couple years and honestly the only one that could maybe get a 1st is AJ and that may even be a stretch with his age. People don't tend to trade firsts for older players on bigger contracts, they tend to want them young or cheap.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 01:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...more draft picks would probably just get botched.
For a team that refuses to bring in a lot of free agents then its a must if you want to turn over the roster. A few more high round draft picks might be enough to draw in a decent HC to replace Marvin. 
Reply/Quote
I just can’t bring myself to be ok with trading AJ. He’s my favorite current player, and is right up there with Chad at the top of my all time favorites list. I selfishly want to see him retire a Bengal. And year in year out he’s one of the only things about the Bengals I actually enjoy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Here is the thing, if you decide you want to move on at QB the last thing you do is trade AJ Green. You keep Green and get a TE in FA and then you setup a rookie with the best set of weapons a rookie could ask for.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how many teams would trade for Geno and his 4 year contract starting next season? He will be 31 next season, and he signed the most expensive contract for non-QBs after turning 30.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:02 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I wonder how many teams would trade for Geno and his 4 year contract starting next season? He will be 31 next season, and he signed the most expensive contract for non-QBs after turning 30.

And he’s been nothing special the last couple months.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 01:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I know this will be unpopular, but we might need to start trading these guys rather than lose them in free agency.

My favorite player AJ Green...trade him to the Patriots for a 1st and 3rd Round pick. He's starting to rack up injuries and is going to be a free agent soon and he's over 30 years old.

Guys like Atkins and Dunlap should be traded too if we can find a taker willing to give 1st Round picks.

We're looking at a 2-3-4 year rebuild...and unfortunately our stars are 30 years old and won't be productive at a high level when that completes.

Yep I would say if a new head coach is put in place he should overhaul the roster... While we still got some star power its fading...  especially on defense.

Get what you can and rebuild..

Now if the new Head Coach is hue they will probly mostly stay par to the course. at least the first year.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 01:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: Here is the thing, if you decide you want to move on at QB the last thing you do is trade AJ Green. You keep Green and get a TE in FA and then you setup a rookie with the best set of weapons a rookie could ask for.

Rookie would still have boyd...   AJ is great and probly has a few great years left... But if you can get a 1 and more from him get the new QB a WR he can grow with not one that will be gone in a few years.(if we go with new rookie QB at least if its a vet stopgap keep AJ)
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 01:53 PM)Au165 Wrote: Here is the thing, if you decide you want to move on at QB the last thing you do is trade AJ Green. You keep Green and get a TE in FA and then you setup a rookie with the best set of weapons a rookie could ask for.

I'd draft a rookie QB this year and sit him a year behind Dalton.

There is something to be said about rookie QB's as they are on cheap salaries and you can spend the money elsewhere.
Reply/Quote

That would be a great plan!
Reply/Quote
You're too late, OP. The trade deadline has already passed. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You're too late, OP. The trade deadline has already passed. Mellow

Wait! You mean it's too late to trade for that WR so we can make a Super Bowl run!?!?  Cool
Reply/Quote
We don't need to over haul the roster completely. I would only consider trading 3 players Vontaz, Boyd, and if a spectacular deal comes for him Green. Other than that no. Sign a free agent LB, Draft a LB, s Draft a RT, and Draft a TE. You can do that in one cycle. It's not a 4 or 5 year build like you're claiming it to be.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 01:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I just can’t bring myself to be ok with trading AJ. He’s my favorite current player, and is right up there with Chad at the top of my all time favorites list. I selfishly want to see him retire a Bengal. And year in year out he’s one of the only things about the Bengals I actually enjoy.

So true. The dude really holds a special place as a Bengals fan. It hurts to still remember his rookie year, when he would catch TDs at point at the back of his jersey where his name was.. to see what we put him through now. He's a true pro and one of the best examples I have seen of just leading by example. 

I do think his time is coming to an end here, and it sucks. But he deserves a better shot than what we give him. 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd draft a rookie QB this year and sit him a year behind Dalton.

There is something to be said about rookie QB's as they are on cheap salaries and you can spend the money elsewhere.

2020 draft looks better than 2019 draft for QBs. And plus, the Bengals likely pick in the 15-20 range in 2019, putting them out of the running for a top QB. Get the OL/LB in 2019, QB in 2020.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2018, 02:44 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We don't need to over haul the roster completely. I would only consider trading 3 players Vontaz, Boyd, and if a spectacular deal comes for him Green. Other than that no. Sign a free agent LB, Draft a LB, s Draft a RT, and Draft a TE. You can do that  in one cycle. It's not a 4 or 5 year build like you're claiming it to be.
You folks amaze me,this franchise is going no where but down each and every year.It will take 3 to 5 years to be a playoff team and as long as the steelers are in this division we will win NOTHING. Until the front office changes nothing changes here.Marvin should have been gone in 2010,folks,and this entire coaching staff needs a massive overhaul.Drafting more top players only works when you have a coaching staff that can coach them up and put the best players on the field.Never happens here.Auden Tate should have made the roster after training camp.He was never coached up and left to die on the PS. This franchise has been a joke since it was formed.Its no news to the nfl and they love to pook fun at the worse sports team in history.Its ulcer time being a bengals supporter. Cry Hilarious
Reply/Quote