Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We needed this game today...
To get sharp again. Burrow and Higgins were both off. Higgins had balls hitting him in the hands and not catchimg them. That's not normal. Burrow did not look sharp either. Hopefully now they've played another game that'll be out of their system. If they play like this next week, look out.
Reply/Quote
They need to do something. They will be going against a better Ravens team personnel wise next week.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They need to do something. They will be going against a better Ravens team personnel wise next week.

Offensively yes. Defense will be pretty much the same except for Peters and maybe Campbell.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: To get sharp again. Burrow and Higgins were both off. Higgins had balls hitting him in the hands and not catchimg them. That's not normal. Burrow did not look sharp either. Hopefully now they've played another game that'll be out of their system. If they play like this next week, look out.

Aside from a good second half against TB and a good first half against NE, this team has been playing like ass.  They seem to forget that a game is 4 quarters

You can argue they were playing well against buffalo and they were, however its way too small a sample size to predict the outcome
Reply/Quote
Making me laugh with all the negativity on here while we are in the Playoffs and on an 8 game winning streak lol

We got a home game and this team can win it all, true, they need to put a game together in all 3 phases. Hope this happens
from here on out. Good ugly game to look at to improve on everything. Nothing for me to complain about right now, we will
see how bad we beat the Ravens and see if all the negative nancy's still complain, I bet they do.

This is what I didn't want to see from our fan base, sounding like a bunch of entitled Chief's fans around here right now.Rolleyes

Good for you guys, I am ashamed of the board right now, not the team.MellowClapping
Reply/Quote
Nothing entitled about my post. I said they needed this game to get sharp again. It's obvious from their play that they did. I expect them to.come out sharp next week
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:57 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Nothing entitled about my post. I said they needed this game to get sharp again. It's obvious from their play that they did. I expect them to.come out sharp next week

Yeah I know, it was the other posters I was calling out. Completely sad how negative people are on here after a big win.
Reply/Quote
How can you be happy with todays offensive performance?
Doesn’t mean they are not winning next week but OP is right that hopefully today got that ugliness out of their system.

The HC and the QB were not good today so that’s concerning.
I hope Burrow bounces back like he usually does and that Zac got that “pass on 4th and 1” out of his system.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Glad Mixon got to do his TD celebration.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They need to do something. They will be going against a better Ravens team personnel wise next week.

That’s funny
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Making me laugh with all the negativity on here while we are in the Playoffs and on an 8 game winning streak lol

We got a home game and this team can win it all, true, they need to put a game together in all 3 phases. Hope this happens
from here on out. Good ugly game to look at to improve on everything. Nothing for me to complain about right now, we will
see how bad we beat the Ravens and see if all the negative nancy's still complain, I bet they do.

This is what I didn't want to see from our fan base, sounding like a bunch of entitled Chief's fans around here right now.Rolleyes

Good for you guys, I am ashamed of the board right now, not the team.MellowClapping

What a joke on some of the responses. 8 game winning streak. After 0-2 they went 12-2. Looked razor sharp against the Bills and were fired up to beat them and solidify themselves then got it snatched away. Still a hangover from that and Damon Hamlin’s ordeal. Can’t imagine a short week and that hangover not effecting them. Tough crowd isn’t it Nate.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:08 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: That’s funny

What’s funny?

Edit: did you think I meant the Ravens are better than the Bengals personnel wise? I was saying the Ravens will have better personnel next week than they did this week.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What’s funny?

Edit: did you think I meant the Ravens are better than the Bengals personnel wise? I was saying the Ravens will have better personnel next week than they did this week.

Gotcha. Yep I took that wrong. They will be stronger but Burrow and the receivers won’t look sluggish. We can’t be off like today. But a short week and the hangover of not getting the win ( they sure started strong) and the higher seed plus the Daman Hamlin situation had to have impacted them.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:50 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Aside from a good second half against TB and a good first half against NE, this team has been playing like ass.  They seem to forget that a game is 4 quarters

You can argue they were playing well against buffalo and they were, however its way too small a sample size to predict the outcome

They've won what 8 in a row? Yeah...they're terrible.
Reply/Quote
Blew off some cobwebs after the strangest week of stress and unusuality with an ugly win. They’ve be fine and sharper moving forward.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Making me laugh with all the negativity on here while we are in the Playoffs and on an 8 game winning streak lol

Rep.

We were a missed face mask call away from winning by 2 TD’s and people are acting like we barely scraped out a win.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: To get sharp again. Burrow and Higgins were both off. Higgins had balls hitting him in the hands and not catchimg them. That's not normal. Burrow did not look sharp either. Hopefully now they've played another game that'll be out of their system. If they play like this next week, look out.

The Bengals are 18-5 in their last 23 games ( I threw out the Browns final game last year). 4 of those games they lost late. Impressive yet some posters here Sled? Nate? Sad don’t you think?

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:50 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Aside from a good second half against TB and a good first half against NE, this team has been playing like ass.  They seem to forget that a game is 4 quarters

This has been the case all season. This team has yet to play 4 quarters of good football this season. Very frustrating because this team can be explosive if the offense and defense plays at the same level. Usually one has to bail the other out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:48 PM)wanga Wrote: Blew off some cobwebs after the strangest week of stress and unusuality with an ugly win. They’ve be fine and sharper moving forward.

Baltimore will be tons sharper & Cappa got hurt. The last three wins we have been seriously Jekyl & Hyde. 
Reply/Quote