Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're 5-6 with an epically horrible offensive line...what if?
IF we had franchise tagged Whitworth and maybe signed a free agent Guard and/or Center like John Sullivan, what would our record be?

Sullivan signed with the Rams for $1 million. He'd be a massive upgrade at Center.

We average 60 some rush yards a game and our pass offense has been pretty bad against anyone that isn't Cleveland.

IF we had Whitworth and 1 or 2 other upgrades, how much better would we be?

The Ravens, Packers, Titans, Texans are all down this year and wee winnable games.

We have cap space. Just imagine how much better we'd be if we'd sign that 1 or 2 extra impact free agents...
Reply/Quote
I saw directional run blocking going on for the first time since 2015 and that’s why Joe Mixon had a career game. It’s the scheme and the coaching.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:19 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I saw directional run blocking going on for the first time since 2015 and that’s why Joe Mixon had a career game. It’s the scheme and the coaching.

Maybe it was. We suddenly looked much better running, and we've improved the pass blocking the last few weeks, as far as sacks allowed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe it was. We suddenly looked much better running, and we've improved the pass blocking the last few weeks, as far as sacks allowed.

Paul Alexander is a Genius! He's made lemonade out of lemons.  Hilarious Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
it was painful watching the Rams today. Goff had all day to throw...
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Paul Alexander is a Genius! He's made lemonade out of lemons.  Hilarious Sarcasm

He knows how to teach directional blocking. Remember 2009 when the Bengals were a run first team? That’s why.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Paul Alexander is a Genius! He's made lemonade out of lemons.  Hilarious Sarcasm

You know Mike Brown is probably thinking exactly this...

...which will lead to "Head Coach Paul Alexander" in 2018. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You know Mike Brown is probably thinking exactly this...

...which will lead to "Head Coach Paul Alexander" in 2018. 

Damn you shake, I just threw up a little in my mouth
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 01:43 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Damn you shake, I just threw up a little in my mouth

I'll be throwing up a lot outside of my mouth if it actually happened.
Reply/Quote
To answer the OP question; we would be Superbowl contenders just like we were in 2012-2015.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we had franchise tagged Whitworth and maybe signed a free agent Guard and/or Center like John Sullivan, what would our record be?

Sullivan signed with the Rams for $1 million. He'd be a massive upgrade at Center.

We average 60 some rush yards a game and our pass offense has been pretty bad against anyone that isn't Cleveland.

The Ravens, Packers, Titans, Texans are all down this year and wee winnable games.

We have cap space. Just imagine how much better we'd be if we'd sign that 1 or 2 extra impact free agents...

Welcome to the land of profit margin > than winning percentage.  Let's pray they learned something and do something positive in the offseason.  If I were one of the stars of this team, like green or Atkins, who have their money I couldn't wait to get out of here and go to winner.

Now please sign Andrew norwell in the offseason 
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we had franchise tagged Whitworth and maybe signed a free agent Guard and/or Center like John Sullivan, what would our record be?

My guess would be 7-4 and on the way to 10 or 11 wins. As fans know though, ownership is about making multi millions per year. Winning is cool to ownership, as long as it doesn't take a dollar off of what they want to make. It's called greed.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:26 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: My guess would be 7-4 and on the way to 10 or 11 wins. As fans know though, ownership is about making multi millions per year. Winning is cool to ownership, as long as it doesn't take a dollar off of what they want to make. It's called greed.

I am not sure you can say it's about the money when it comes to player money because by rule Mike has to pay a certain percentage of the cap in a 5 year period . I think saying it is because he is cheap is avoiding the actual problem which is he is a complete dumbass. The Patriots have been cheap but look they win games year after year and the Packers are cheap but they win year after year. Why is it because the people that run those teams are not stupid like Mike.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:44 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I am not sure you can say it's about the money when it comes to player money because by rule Mike has to pay a certain percentage of the cap in a 5 year period . I think saying it is because he is cheap is avoiding the actual problem which is he is a complete dumbass. The Patriots have been cheap but look they win games year after year and the Packers are cheap but they win year after year. Why is it because the people that run those teams are not stupid like Mike.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:44 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I am not sure you can say it's about the money when it comes to player money because by rule Mike has to pay a certain percentage of the cap in a 5 year period . I think saying it is because he is cheap is avoiding the actual problem which is he is a complete dumbass. The Patriots have been cheap but look they win games year after year and the Packers are cheap but they win year after year. Why is it because the people that run those teams are not stupid like Mike.
Yes, he's a total dumbass. It just seems like that 5th year to splurge never gets here though.
Reply/Quote
I see the Bengals winning 1-2 more games this year, putting them at 6-10 or 7-9. Bears should be a win and Ravens maybe.
In terms of what would Whitworth and one more upgrade on OL have done, I'd say an extra 2-3 wins against those four games you mentioned.
But at the end of the day, the Bengals need to be able to beat the actual contenders if there's hope of winning a playoff game, not just beating all the other bad teams just to get into the playoffs. Traditionally, the contenders have owned the Bengals in recent years save 2015.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Would not have hurt anything that is for sure.

Plus not being faithful to Whit is a disgrace.

You make sure that guy retires in Bengals stripes.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 01:43 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Damn you shake, I just threw up a little in my mouth

(11-27-2017, 01:46 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'll be throwing up a lot outside of my mouth if it actually happened.

How much to watch one of you throw up in the other one's mouth?
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 12:40 PM)Benton Wrote: How much to watch one of you throw up in the other one's mouth?

What a disturbing thought. I like it. I’m In only if I’m the giver and you provide the plastic sheeting.

Now money talks and bs walks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 02:26 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: My guess would be 7-4 and on the way to 10 or 11 wins. As fans know though, ownership is about making multi millions per year. Winning is cool to ownership, as long as it doesn't take a dollar off of what they want to make. It's called greed.

So is Marvin a bad coach IF he wins 7-8-9 games with a team with a horrible offensive line?
Reply/Quote