Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We're still not in good shape at LB. Any ideas?
Darron Lee Suspended 4 games for substance use

https://www.nj.com/jets/2018/12/darron-lee-suspended-4-games-substance-abuse-what-it-mean-for-his-future-jets-defense.html
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zach Brown joins the Eagles on a 1 year $3 million deal.

That should have been our target!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 12:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Darron Lee Suspended 4 games for substance use

https://www.nj.com/jets/2018/12/darron-lee-suspended-4-games-substance-abuse-what-it-mean-for-his-future-jets-defense.html

Yep definitely an option to replace Burfict Hilarious
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 12:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yep definitely an option to replace Burfict Hilarious
Funny.  But I still think we need him.   But maybe the new regime will not tolerate these issues.  They seem to bring in high character players.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 01:01 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Funny.  But I still think we need him.   But maybe the new regime will not tolerate these issues.  They seem to bring in high character players.  

I have been pounding the Lee drum for months so I agree we need him. Ironic as I loved Burfict for a long time too. Maybe I am deranged or my training watching Jack Lambert try and maim players rubbed off. I think this is Lee's 1st suspension so no Burfict yet. This should drive his value down further, but also gives the Jets more time knowing they can exempt his roster spot for 4 weeks in case one of their LB's get hurt.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 12:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zach Brown joins the Eagles on a 1 year $3 million deal.

That should have been our target!!!

I think there might be something up with Zach Brown. He was replaced part way through the 2018 season, cut, and then passed over way early in FA.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Zach Brown has an amazing coverage ratio. Dropped back 346 n has like 27 completions on him n zero TD allowed. Missed out
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 04:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have been pounding the Lee drum for months so I agree we need him. Ironic as I loved Burfict for a long time too. Maybe I am deranged or my training watching Jack Lambert try and maim players rubbed off. I think this is Lee's 1st suspension so no Burfict yet. This should drive his value down further, but also gives the Jets more time knowing they can exempt his roster spot for 4 weeks in case one of their LB's get hurt.

If the Bengals were to sign Lee, with Vigil, Pratt, Brown, and maybe Evans, the backer position would be less of a worry for me personally.  They still will likely need another backer next draft.  And still bring in Hodge from Buff.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I hope they spend some money on another Linebacker
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 04:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have been pounding the Lee drum for months so I agree we need him. Ironic as I loved Burfict for a long time too. Maybe I am deranged or my training watching Jack Lambert try and maim players rubbed off. I think this is Lee's 1st suspension so no Burfict yet. This should drive his value down further, but also gives the Jets more time knowing they can exempt his roster spot for 4 weeks in case one of their LB's get hurt.

The article states he was suspended the final four games last season.  It also says that one must test positive at least 3 times before receiving a four game suspension.  I was on board with acquiring him, but now not so sure.  I'd certainly not give up much- if anything- to do so.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 06:19 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If the Bengals were to sign Lee, with Vigil, Pratt, Brown, and maybe Evans, the backer position would be less of a worry for me personally.  They still will likely need another backer next draft.  And still bring in Hodge from Buff.  

They'd have to trade for Lee unless he's waived. I would have assumed we'd do that BEFORE the draft.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 04:36 PM)Synric Wrote: I think there might be something up with Zach Brown. He was replaced part way through the 2018 season, cut, and then passed over way early in FA.

I was reading an article at work this morning.  It was talking about how some teams might have been fearful to give Zach Brown a big contract, because he'll be 30 this year, and experienced a drop off in his production.  I realize that the "30 wall" is a real thing for many players, specifically RBs and LBs, due to the sheer number of collisions their bodies endure.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I also get the feeling we will be running more 4-2-5 sets this year. When we go 4-3 it will be Vigil, Brown and Pratt and in the 4-2-5 the 5th player will be either Dennard or Webb. While LB is still not perfect Pratt is an improvement over goobers like Nickerson and Burflict had to go. Signing Webb did make the secondary a little bit deeper.
Reply/Quote
Nick Vigil lead the LB in run stops prior to his injury in week 6, he was only one of 9 LBers who played 50% of his team snaps and didn't give up a TD is in his coverage, and he was 8th amongst players that played 50% of his snaps at run Defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Let’s bring in Nickerson’s old man. No doubt he could make the team over his boy, Bell, and Worley...
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2019, 04:36 PM)Synric Wrote: I think there might be something up with Zach Brown. He was replaced part way through the 2018 season, cut, and then passed over way early in FA.

I remember seeing something about conflicts with the coaches.  If true, I don't see Jay giving MB a glowing recommendation, nor does it seem like the type of character guy Taylor would want to bring in.
Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Cheifs-acquire-Darron-Lee

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Interesting that he didn't get traded before the draft.

He graded out at 72.4 on PFF. #24 LB.

He looks good from that point of view BUT I'm not sure how he is in the locker room and what his attitude is like. You'd think that a team would give up more than a 6th so I'm guessing there's more going on with Lee. Plus, the Jets felt the need to move on from him.

For one reason or another, I'm not that disappointed in not getting Lee. Maybe someone else will get waived?
Reply/Quote
I'm not hurt that we didn't get Darron Lee. It's interesting that he went for a 6th round pick and we had a bunch of them this draft. We assumed that the Jets were looking for a higher pick. Chances are the Bengals probably knew he'd be handed down a suspension so they didn't want to deal with that.

Would've been an interesting get, though. He appears to be solid on the field and definitely would've been the 2nd best linebacker instantly. Now we have to convince ourselves that Deshaun Davis will be anything more than Vinny Rey.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2019, 11:19 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: I'm not hurt that we didn't get Darron Lee. It's interesting that he went for a 6th round pick and we had a bunch of them this draft. We assumed that the Jets were looking for a higher pick. Chances are the Bengals probably knew he'd be handed down a suspension so they didn't want to deal with that.

Would've been an interesting get, though. He appears to be solid on the field and definitely would've been the 2nd best linebacker instantly. Now we have to convince ourselves that Deshaun Davis will be anything more than Vinny Rey.

Exactly. Win/Lose/or Draw - we need to do it with high character players!

No more trading or signing for problem children at a discount!
Reply/Quote