Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather in Kansas City
The current forecast for Kansas City is cold and windy. The high right now for the day is 22 degrees, with a real feel of 9 degrees, but that is during the day. The game starts at 6:30pm, and during the night the temperature is expected to drop to 9 degrees, with a real feel of minus 1.

Wind expected to be around 14 mph, with gusts up to 27 mph.

Still six days out at the time of this forecast, and the previous day has a forecast of 42 degrees, so will have to update this forecast as game day approaches.
Reply/Quote
Better not count on field goals. Gonna have to score tuddys
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 02:54 PM)Nepa Wrote: The current forecast for Kansas City is cold and windy.  The high right now for the day is 22 degrees, with a real feel of 9 degrees, but that is during the day. The game starts at 6:30pm, and during the night the temperature is expected to drop to 9 degrees, with a real feel of minus 1.

Wind expected to be around 14 mph, with gusts up to 27 mph.

Still six days out at the time of this forecast, and the previous day has a forecast of 42 degrees, so will have to update this forecast as game day approaches.

You're better than any weather meteorologist on TWC with that analysis.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Better not count on field goals. Gonna have to score tuddys

The Super Bowl might be the next chance to utilize McPherson's leg from over 50 yards. 

Apparently Arrowhead has a special underground heating system that keeps the field from freezing. They have pipes that stretch between end zones that circulate hot water. Probably good for Mahomes' ankle that the field won't be like concrete when the temperature drops into the teens.

At any rate, if the temperature is indeed very cold, since the game starts at night, the Bengals players will get a chance to become familiar with just how firm the surface is during the day.
Reply/Quote
Here's information on the heating system at Arrowhead. The playing surface will not be frozen, but may actually be surprisingly warm.

https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-recently-installed-multi-million-dollar-heating-system-under-pla-18287078
Reply/Quote
the team that practices outdoors year round has the advantage

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 03:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Better not count on field goals. Gonna have to score tuddys

Passing game might hurt a bit. That sucks bc ours is better than anyone’s.

This weather favors the better running game and better OLINE

Advantage KC
*Unless our boys plays like they did last week then advantage Cincy
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 07:22 PM)Whacked Wrote: Passing game might hurt a bit. That sucks bc ours is better than anyone’s.

Advantage KC

Yeah, KC has two all pros on the OL. I'm still not sure what the Bengals have in terms of the OL. Certainly was a pleasant surprise against the Bills.
Reply/Quote
Gonna be colder than a witches titties out there it sounds like!

Just play our game and we will be fine.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
The weather in Cincinnati is up in the air this week as they are calling for another major snowstorm tonight even though the temps say 40's. Kansas City is susceptible to major weather changes as well. I think a snow game helps the Bengals like last week. If the turf is slippery, can really aggravate Mahomes ankle.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
This hurts KC, Mahomes is not going to be 100% and that wind chill is going to crush his ankle
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 07:22 PM)Whacked Wrote: Passing game might hurt a bit. That sucks bc ours is better than anyone’s.

Advantage KC

I actually think it helps our passing game more than KC, one it will make Mahomes harder to move and we have a more efficient passing game, whereas KC tends to get the more chunk yards.  I am more concerned about KCs running game, Pacheco has been so impressive 2nd half of season
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 07:51 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This hurts KC,  Mahomes is not going to be 100% and that wind chill is going to crush his ankle

I wonder about that. The field itself is heated from below, so he will be moving on rather soft ground, not frozen tundra. But maybe the wind chill will be a issue? 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 08:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I actually think it helps our passing game more than KC, one it will make Mahomes harder to move and we have a more efficient passing game, whereas KC tends to get the more chunk yards.  I am more concerned about KCs running game, Pacheco has been so impressive 2nd half of season

Pachecko makes Tyreek Hill look like a turtle. Fast as heck and nifty.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 08:57 PM)Nepa Wrote: I wonder about that. The field itself is heated from below, so he will be moving on rather soft ground, not frozen tundra. But maybe the wind chill will be a issue? 

heated or not.. it will be cold with that wind
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 09:02 PM)Whacked Wrote: Pachecko makes Tyreek Hill look like a turtle. Fast as heck and nifty.

and runs hard..  he averaged 4.7 in our game, and since then he has had 4 games over 5 yards a carry and last two games avg. 8 yards a carry
Reply/Quote
You guys play in some cold weather in Cincinnati. I think KC is about the same temperature wise as Cincinnati overall right?
Reply/Quote
How's their run defense looking? Can we keep the ball on the ground and wear them down?
Reply/Quote
It’s gonna be a glass eater game. If we can ram the ball down their throats…Chase and Tee will be GRIDDYing in no time
Reply/Quote

I feel its the opposite..
Mac. Better be on point and Confident..
Ive had this feeling we will be back to having to win on the last play this weekend..
Gonna need Mac
Reply/Quote