Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns***
Weather was definitely an issue you seen it on both sides. Also Tee Higgins and Burrow were not on the same page the entire game which cost them drives.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:22 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Sorry but there is a big difference between 260 million guaranteed and 219 million guaranteed.   

Either figure is ridiculous and a horrible mistake. Period,
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I think the team will be fine but tired of being embarrassed early in the season. You’d think they would be too.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:20 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They held the Browns to 4-14 on third down, with two takeways, 3 sacks.  Held them to 4.9 yards per play while on the filed for 72 snaps over 35+ minutes.

Yes, they played well today.  The defense is not close to a problem.

This.

They might've gave up a lot of yards on the ground, but how much of that was from the middle of the third onwards? I don't know, but when a team gets their yards is relevant. The game was in its dying embers as a competition from about the middle of the 3rd quarter. I don't care if the Browns racked up a ton of ground yards from then on, as we'd clearly already lost the game. I don't recall the Browns steamrolling us on the ground in the first half (i.e. when this was still a game), but the stats might say otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The coaching staff starts slow...seasons, games. Then, they adjust...usually.

The variable is if Joe is still injured.

He absolutely still is.  He didn't attempt to run one time, when there were a few times he could have done so.  And a couple of those times would have probably moved the chains.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:23 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Either figure is ridiculous and a horrible mistake. Period,

You're really making yourself look foolish right now. He played like shit, yeah, but that discount all of his other games. 
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati looked flat like week old Coke. I’ve never seen the Bengals’ offense this anemic; not even in the 1990s.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:10 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, and Burrow.

Three points with these guys on the roster.

Some offense.

Mixon is gargabe. Boyd, Chase, Higs aren’t worth a damn when Burrow sucks. We have 0 run game for when the offense is struggling. We need a stud RB.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:24 PM)treee Wrote: You're really making yourself look foolish right now. He played like shit, yeah, but that discount all of his other games. 

Maybe. But I work for free.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:13 PM)Supadave Wrote: Well, the new punter got some good reps in today. ?

Gotta be up there for most Punt yards in a game
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:20 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They held the Browns to 4-14 on third down, with two takeways, 3 sacks.  Held them to 4.9 yards per play while on the filed for 72 snaps over 35+ minutes.

Yes, they played well today.  The defense is not close to a problem.

I agree.  Defense kept us in the game.   The score was only 16-3 until the 4th quarter when the Bengals decided to go for it on 4th down, failed and gave the ball to Cleveland on the 18 yard line and of course Cleveland scored again.  What is the defense supposed to do in that situation?  The offense kept sending the defense out there in bad situations.  Defense gave us a chance like they always do.  Burrow and the rest of the offense just blew it.  Good job defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:30 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Maybe. But I work for free.

What a disgusting, pathetic performance, it looked like one of Andy Dalton’s negative QB rating for a game.  Why is anyone not surprised, as they play no one on first team offense in preseason, and wonder why they start slow.  Another 0-2 start again with Baltimore next week. My guess is Burrow is hurt and shouldn’t be playing, he looked nothing like himself.  Should have been pulled at half time.
Reply/Quote
Burrow shell shocked behind the worst O-line in the league...
Reply/Quote
Well this sucks... what now?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:56 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Well this sucks... what now?

On to week two.  This was a bad start but it is a long season.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 06:05 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: On to week two.  This was a bad start but it is a long season.  

We're on to Baltimore.

I just saw Dobbins tore his Achilles and is out for the year.  Such bad luck for that kid.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:00 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I’ve been saying that about Zac Taylor since I started posting here… all I got was “u dOnT kNoW wHaT uR tAlKiNg aBoUt, mUh sUpErBoWLLL.” Zac Taylor is Ed Orgeron / Gene Chizik. 

This is the saddest game I’ve seen in a while. Maybe because I had such high expectations and we’ve all been waiting since freaking January. 

Dunno if the injury is still bothering Burrow, something’s definitely up (rain doesn’t help), and OL coach is obviously a bigger problem than I thought since the personnel shouldn’t be the issue this year. Fellas, this is a 4 win team the way they’re playing today. At least ZT would likely be fired. All that offensive talent and 3 points to show for it. Nice job ZT!

"4 win team"

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 07:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "4 win team"

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I didn't say they would win 4. But if they play like this... dude. They looked terrible.
Reply/Quote