Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Browns***
(09-10-2023, 05:00 PM)samhain Wrote: Yep the annual Zac Taylor 4th preseason matchup is out of the way.

He likes at least 5
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 04:58 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Can we cut to another game. Gotta be something worth watching.

I'm currently watching the Steelers lose and that aint bad.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 04:57 PM)bengalrick Wrote: Lots of jealous people here I guess when it comes to pro athletes’ salaries…

You bet your ass.. I'm jealous as hell. I worked damned hard for decades and didn't even earn 3rd string 7th round rookie money..EVER! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Don’t blame the defense. They gave the offense lots of chances.
Pfft…..they gave up over 200 rushing yards……child please
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 04:58 PM)M.W. Wrote: I absolutely hate that it is the Ravens next.  I think the Browns defense may be better than the Ravens so I am predicting 10 points baby!

I know I don't want to jump off the cliff. But I think we are gonna find ourselves in another 0-2 start. Not much to take away from this game. Or much to feel optimistic about for next week. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:00 PM)Zerovoltz Wrote: Week 1 didn't go well for KC either....misery loves company I guess is the saying.

Anyhow...how is Orlando Brown working out for you guys so far?

The Chiefs lost by 1; not 21.
Reply/Quote
Does this team actually have an offensive scheme other than being better than the other team athletically?
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 04:58 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So we didn't score a couple TDs in garbage time after being dominated all game and you wanna act like we didn't get dominated by the Browns atleast once each of the last 2 seasons?

Get out of here with that, we got dominated just as badly those times as this one.

Couldn’t even score garbage time TDs. Right. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:00 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Don’t blame the defense. They gave the offense lots of chances.

I don't see how anyone with sense would be blaming the defence today.

What the heck are they meant to do when the offence has put up 3 points and your star QB is 14-31, 82 yards?

We were in this game longer than we should have been, because of the D.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:01 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I know I don't want to jump off the cliff. But I think we are gonna find ourselves in another 0-2 start. Not much to take away from this game. Or much to feel optimistic about for next week. 

No worries, it’s only preseason game #2
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 04:48 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: There likely goes their legitimate shot at a 1 seed. I know ZT doesn’t value every game, but they are just outclassed by this team. They can’t beat physical teams.

#1 seed???

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, this bunch ain't sniffing playoffs.    Just an epic failure in every phase.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
The Stains D is STACKED.

Even with Watson they are headed to (and will be competitive) in the playoffs.

Rat Turds and Stains will be battling it out for 1st place.
Reply/Quote
Taylor's offense got owned.

Highest paid player in NFL history thus far couldn't even throw over 100 yards.

The defense eventually broke down.

No excuses
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

For real. They deserve no criticism. Only part of the team playing all day. Must be tired and p*ssed.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 04:56 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: What an embarrassment.

100th game against the Browns, and we get embarassed.  Does MB sack somebody after the game?  I wouldn't blame him if he did.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 04:59 PM)Supadave Wrote: We need Zac to quit calling plays even more get fired

FIFY
Reply/Quote
Wake up call for Burrow and Taylor

Defense was fine.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2023, 05:01 PM)bengalrick Wrote: Pfft…..they gave up over 200 rushing yards……child please

7 3 and outs by the offense meant they were out there almost an entire quarter more than the Browns D.
Reply/Quote
Take the TOs Zac. Offense needs the reps!
Reply/Quote
I'm just gonna forget football has started.  This just left me with zero interest in any other games.  Beyond disappointed.  Absolutely pathetic.  And we STILL have a shit oline.  yay.
Reply/Quote