Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals***
(09-11-2022, 03:24 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I've been out of the loop a bit due to medical stuff, but does someone know why or how Volson is starting? When drafted I thought probably a backup for sure, but starting first game though?

Because he had 1 mediocre preseason game
Reply/Quote
Burrow has the Andy deer in headlights look.

Fans boo them off the field.
Reply/Quote
Remember when we were wondering if rain would hurt or help? Simpler times.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Volson completely blows
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 02:40 PM)TheFan Wrote: It's not like the Oline had dominated outside of those 2 plays. They've already been beat regularly today in pass protection. 

The left side is killing us.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:24 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I've been out of the loop a bit due to medical stuff, but does someone know why or how Volson is starting? When drafted I thought probably a backup for sure, but starting first game though?

Carman got hurt or Covid I think and Volson kind of de facto won the starting job. Chances are the G we got from Texans cuts will get a strong look this week
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:25 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Stupid motion cost a chance at a touchdown

No Burrow's inaccuracy cost them the TD. He had a wide open target the first time and the second one he led Chase too much. 
Reply/Quote
Kansas City had us by 18 points TWICE last year. We’re receiving after halftime.

Don’t panic.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: Watch this game end up costing us a playoff spot. Note nobody else is playing in division on opening day like this.

At this point, we don't look like a playoff team.

We look like a 10-7 team that had a lucky run and regressed. That's why this year is so important. Time to show we are perennial winners.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:14 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Where's all the Burrow worshipers?

[Image: confused-no.gif]

LOL. What a thing to ask. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
They need to get slapped around in the locker room. Losing to a very sub-par Stoolers team. Did they forget last season...or are we just fooling ourselves? Or are we in a time paradox?

Talk amongst yerselves.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Kansas City had us by 18 points TWICE last year. We’re receiving after halftime.

Don’t panic.

I love this guy. Everyone be like this guy
Reply/Quote
So, Volson has looked quite poor during the first half. I posted this on Reddit at some point, but the thought was that Volson winning the job was more of an indictment of Carman, not praise for Volson. I think we are seeing some evidence of that here.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: No Burrow's inaccuracy cost them the TD. He had a wide open target the first time and the second one he led Chase too much. 

It’s only been seven months since the first team offense played together.
Reply/Quote
I hope the asshole who started that Burrow never fails thread is happy with himself.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Kansas City had us by 18 points TWICE last year.  We’re receiving after halftime.  

Don’t panic.

well unlike the chiefs, the steelers main focus on defense is to injure the offensive players
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:26 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Carman got hurt or Covid I think and Volson kind of de facto won the starting job. Chances are the G we got from Texans cuts will get a strong look this week

Carman also played bad in preseason.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Why kick the field goal now? This makes no sense.

Go in withn at least some points, trust your defense to continue to stop their offense when our offense doesn't hand them good field on a platter, and then do what it takes to get the offense's shit togheter and put up 7 points. Then we got a game.
Reply/Quote
I’m really gonna flip my shit if there are too many games where it takes us untikn2:39 in the 1st to target Jamarr Freakin Chase

That’s like having prime Shaq and running your offense thru the power forward
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Least favorite group of NFL players: Steelers
Second: Bengals O-Line
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote