Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals***
(09-11-2022, 03:35 PM)Nepa Wrote: They succeeded. Took out Higgins. Successful strategy, I guess. At least that's the history with games against the Bengals. I thought it might be different with the NFL's focus on concussions.

the Rooney's "built this league" so that means they are allowed a bit more flexibility when it comes to this kind of stuff
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:35 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I just stopped in to see how bad this place was burning.  Hilarious

Time to step back out and watch the 2nd half. 

Yeah it’s the usual BS in here. Idk how some of these guys stand watching football much less the Bengals. I mean I am miserable after a loss but I wait until it’s inevitable or already happen. These people are miserable from one bad play even if we’re way up because uh oh here comes a classic bengals meltdown
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Line hasn’t been horrible

Guys are getting beat but Joe has good time in the pocket

He’s just off
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:35 PM)Nepa Wrote: They succeeded. Took out Higgins. Successful strategy, I guess. At least that's the history with games against the Bengals. I thought it might be different with the NFL's focus on concussions.

It’s all lip service until they step up in the NFL command center with the ability to call a flag after a play where there’s clearly illegal head contact.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:36 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I don't see the swagger and confidence
From last year . PITTSBURGH IS CONTROLLING
THE TEMPO !!!

To be fair we had much more swagger in second halves.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you dont have to live with Volson

Scharping is a proven guard when it comes to pass protection. He's decent. It's the strength of his game

Volson is a terrible pass protector

I want to see Max Scharping start the second half. Cordell Volson will be great — but not today.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Mike Brown needs a tax write off for next season. LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:24 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I've been out of the loop a bit due to medical stuff, but does someone know why or how Volson is starting? When drafted I thought probably a backup for sure, but starting first game though?

The competition was between Volson and Carman. Carman looked like garbage and Volson merely looked like a below average player.

So he won the job due to lack of competent competition.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:38 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I want to see Max Scharping start the second half.  Cordell Volson will be great — but not today.

based on?

lets leave emotions at the door
Reply/Quote
Shades of KC ladies and gents. Shades of KC.

That's all we can hope for...
Reply/Quote
We are getting beat like a rented mule
Reply/Quote
Imagine the bandwagon fans that paid big money for nice tickets to see this first half ?
Reply/Quote
Here are my LVPs for the first half.

Offense - Burrow.
Volson gets an honorable mention

Defense - Hendrickson. Where are you?
No pressure against an O line that is not supposed to be good??
Reply/Quote
We didn’t change the fact that we were a 2nd half team last year. Hopefully we still have that in us lol
Reply/Quote
Has the Blackburn suck off train derailed yet?
Reply/Quote
Really hate how we’ve taken FGs when we’ve been close

Games like this are gonna kill any chance that Mikey pays all 3 WRs
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 03:40 PM)ATOTR Wrote: I just realized Iv never seen Burrow fail

Smh
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Sorry, a three and out was not the answer we were looking for.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm so annoyed that we're back to the run run pass punt offense...
Reply/Quote