Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 1 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals***
I’m sure no one will believe me, but I was expecting a Bengals loss. Tomlin has owned the Bengals and we were too full of ourselves. Reality check. It’s still the Bengals and we do stupid shit to lose games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
We got what we deserved. Maybe next year are starters will play in preseason.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:47 PM)Housh Wrote: Luck? Wtf do you mean? We were horrible

We beat ourselves.  That's lucky.
Reply/Quote
Weren't going to win every game anyways, better to get the bad ones out of the way early, just sucks it happened against them
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:47 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: And thats why you run the clock down to 1 before punting    Gave them the time they needed

Yep
Reply/Quote
Mike Shula 2.0
Reply/Quote
the offense looked like they thoght this was still preseason. burrow was awful. the line still stink and zac got exposed again
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Why was a backup TE who has never snapped the ball the backup snapper. Karras or Trey Hill should have snapped those kicks much better chance or success.

That was my question. I understand a punt is a very different snap but a FG isn’t much different from a shotgun snap. Just lower and to the side a bit. Would think starting center would be better for that. Especially after the first one missed
Reply/Quote
Well this place should be fun all week…

Reply/Quote
I honestly believe this is the result of the current CBA. Limited practices, limited preseason games…the first few weeks are always sloppy and ugly and usually not an indication of how the season will go.

Burrow will clean it up and the Bengals will be fine.
Reply/Quote
Welp.  Time to sign Quinton Spain.   What's that?  No it isn't?  Right.  That time was weeks ago.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Of all the crappy football games I've watched, this one was the most recent.

I reminded me of a classic bad Bengals loss.

Meanwhile Allen and Mahommes look like stars.
Reply/Quote
Bungled that one

In the end an injured long snapper cost us big time.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Why was a backup TE who has never snapped the ball the backup snapper. Karras or Trey Hill should have snapped those kicks much better chance or success.

My thoughts exactly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:48 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Crazy game, pathetic week one mistakes fall on Taylor. Hope he learns from this and never rests starters the whole preseason again. They just showed that was a mistake.

Bad luck on a LS injury. Wild game. Fans need to forget it and move on. Long season, it’ll get cleaned up.

And someone got injured anyway so the shot didn’t even work
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Just got home from work, did I miss anything?
Reply/Quote
And Huber screwed the pooch on that last FG hold. We did it on 3rd down in case it was a bad snap. He should have eaten that and tried again on 4th
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 05:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac can go to the downtown bars and give out gameballs...

He should have to go back to all the bars and beg on his knees for all of them back from last season..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
This loss belongs to Zac. That is all.
Reply/Quote
I hope we knocked off a lot of the rust at least. If Clark Harris doesn't get hurt we still win. Just unfortunate we need to win more of these early games.
Reply/Quote