Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 10 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Titans***
Oh my Pacman, great defense! 3rd down coming up.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 04:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll try to explain why 99.9% of folks that know football don't chase the points that early.

First off, just because you go for 2 doesn't mean you automatically get them.

Secondly, it's like someone in business chasing a sunk cost. 

Finally, the Titans get the ball to start the second half, if they score a FG who many points are we now down by? If we failed the 2 point conversion how many points would we be down by and then what we would be forced to try to do again if we got a TD.

It is chasing points and the vast majority understand the concept. I get folks want to second guess Marvin, but that was not a situation, in which, he should have been second-guessed.  

bfine is correct.  You don't worry about going for two until the 4th quarter.
Reply/Quote
Colts up 17-3 on the Steelers now.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are, as usual, playing with little or no sense of urgency. The defense needs to contain Marcus Mariota in the pocket and the secondary needs to make some plays on the ball. The last time a Bengal jumped a route was against Green Bay.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 04:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll try to explain why 99.9% of folks that know football don't chase the points that early.

First off, just because you go for 2 doesn't mean you automatically get them.

Secondly, it's like someone in business chasing a sunk cost. 

Finally, the Titans get the ball to start the second half, if they score a FG who many points are we now down by? If we failed the 2 point conversion how many points would we be down by and then what we would be forced to try to do again if we got a TD.

It is chasing points and the vast majority understand the concept. I get folks want to second guess Marvin, but that was not a situation, in which, he should have been second-guessed.  

Kicking the PAT is not automatic either, which is why we were in that situation.  We need the additional point at some point, regardless of when and how we get it.
Reply/Quote
we got pressure! 4th down.
Reply/Quote
I still have not seen any video of Burfict doing anything wrong on the second call!!! Wtf!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Jones should be at CB less and playing PR and KR
Reply/Quote
Pacman still lookin' good on the punt return.
Reply/Quote
Father Time has gotten to Jones. 2 years ago that was at least down to the red zone.
Reply/Quote
adam turned hte corner. better than alex.
Reply/Quote
Love whatching Adam Jones return kicks. Usually a pretty awesome outcome.

Reply/Quote
Pitt losing 17-3 now.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 04:45 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I still have not seen any video of Burfict doing anything wrong on the second call!!! Wtf!!!

We will be told none of the500 cameras they have caught it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Can’t rememebr the last time I’ve seen a team punt on their first possession

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 04:35 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Still no visual evidence on Burfict? Does calling the official a dumb **** for the previous play count as making contact with a official?

Yes, it counts as contacting a bad refs feeling and the nfl can’t have that
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 04:46 PM)michaelsean Wrote: We will be told none of the500 cameras they have caught it.
Lol

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 04:44 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Kicking the PAT is not automatic either, which is why we were in that situation.  We need the additional point at some point, regardless of when and how we get it.

You have no idea if we need that extra point or not; now late in the 4th you may. Can't say I didn't try.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Oh my lord... A third down stop... Am I dreaming??
Reply/Quote
If Burfict actually did that it would be all over the place by now. Witch Hunt

Reply/Quote