Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 10 GameDay Thread - Texans @ Bengals***
(11-12-2023, 06:16 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Maybe people will finally stop saying the bengal defense is good. I am frankly tired of hearing it.

Very mediocre when it comes to getting that one big stop(as in the SB).

Bengals don't appear to be a top tier team.  If you can't beat, and dominate,   Houston at home, you're not winning a SB.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:45 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: 4.1 is 13th for the season, but whatever.

they finished 4.1 in 2021 and that was good for.......24th out of 32

they finished 3.9 in 2022 and that was good for....29th out of 32

4.1 is bad. ESPECIALLY when you have Burrow and these weapons

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
If I could bet my house the bengals don’t win on Thursday night , I would. Can you have less than 0% chance to win. Even playing by handicap rules.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:47 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: You give up 544 yards and can’t stop a team from moving the ball 55 yards in 1:45. And this is what happens. This bend but don’t break is not working and everyone knows how to play against it.

it was a bend and have it broken off in our asses - ALL.DAY.LONG.

time for a o-line coach, not a half-assed cowboi castoff who blows...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:49 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Very mediocre when it comes to getting that one big stop(as in the SB).

Bengals don't appear to be a top tier team.  If you can't beat, and dominate,   Houston at home, you're not winning a SB.

Your not even making it to a SB
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:45 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: 4.1 is 13th for the season, but whatever.

If he only does his average, he scores a TD by second down, as we were 1st and goal from the 7. His average goes down some, as one carry was only one yard...for a TD! Live and die in shotgun. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:34 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: if boyd catches that thouchdown, this is a bengals win

Not necessarily.  Texans still probably go down and score a TD.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:52 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Not necessarily.  Texans still probably go down and score a TD.

thats a bigger assumption than saying the bengals win if boyd scores

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:51 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Your not even making it to a SB

Yeah, that's what I meant. This isn't the year. Too many weaknesses.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:52 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Not necessarily.  Texans still probably go down and score a TD.

yep...looked like a high school team defense with all the broken tackles and blown coverages...

nick scott should be floated down river on a fudge log...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: thats a bigger assumption than saying the bengals win if boyd scores

I just don't think with the way the defense played today that itis a given the Bengals would have won with a Boyd TD catch. 
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
As much as Zac Taylor seems like a really sweet, adorable man, I don't really feel like he is that great of an X's and O's football coach. I wish we had someone better.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Am I the only one who saw an obvious false start on the left tackle on that last pass play by Houston to get in FG range?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:54 PM)Rattler Wrote: yep...looked like a high school team defense with all the broken tackles and blown coverages...

nick scott should be floated down river on a fudge log...

The offseason losses in personnel have really hurt this team. We didn't adequately replace those key losses.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:53 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Yeah, that's what I meant. This isn't the year. Too many weaknesses.

And if we had Lombardis on the shelf it would be okay to just wave it off like that. We don't. That makes this another disastrous season where the long suffering fans get nothing in return for their support and more of the core fans who've been here for decades pass on without ever seeing the Bengals hoist the Lombardi. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: they finished 4.1 in 2021 and that was good for.......24th out of 32

they finished 3.9 in 2022 and that was good for....29th out of 32

4.1 is bad. ESPECIALLY when you have Burrow and these weapons

I was just talking about this season.  Pass it every down then and see what happens.  Get rid of Mixon and save the money for OL that can block.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Probably time for folks around here to table the "Sweet Lou" defensive genius talk. 350 plus to a rookie QB and 100 plus to a mediocre RB is no bueno.
Reply/Quote
We should have pounded that ball in on the goal line. Would have ran the clock and forced the Texans to use their TO’s. Bring Reader in as a lead blocker, something. We run there we win. The first two plays were as dumb as Houston throwing the ball in 3rd down TWICE to kill drives.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:02 PM)Science Friction Wrote: The offseason losses in personnel have really hurt this team. We didn't adequately replace those key losses.

and the o-line which has been and continues to be a hot plate of shit...give burrow a pocket instead of running
for his life to make/extend plays...
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:51 PM)Destro Wrote: If he only does his average, he scores a TD by second down, as we were 1st and goal from the 7. His average goes down some, as one carry was only one yard...for a TD! Live and die in shotgun. 

No sense running when you can either pass for the TD, have an incompletion or take a sack!  Running the ball never works so why even try?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote