Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 12 GameDay Thread - Steelers @ Bengals***
(11-24-2019, 06:19 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Even with a bad line and intern level coaching, Finley looks like he was a backup QB out of Navy.

Yep

There's nothing about Finley's game that looks good, no even the pocket presence, nothing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know some of you WANT 0-16 for Burrow.

0-16 is what Hue did at Cleveland and Zac Taylor should get FIRED if this team goes 0-16.
You do NOT keep 0-16 coaches, I don't care who is injured.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:21 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If nothing changes but Young, we will still be the same. Franchise QB>Elite DE. 

No way. Young can wreak havoc. Fix your O line, resign Green, and for the love of God put Dalton back in. Bengals get instantly much better. 
Reply/Quote
Thank you Tyler Boyd for this loss as welll. Hold on to the ***** football!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:23 PM)kevin Wrote: I know some of you WANT 0-16 for Burrow.

0-16 is what Hue did at Cleveland and Zac Taylor should get FIRED if this team goes 0-16.
You do NOT keep 0-16 coaches, I don't care who is injured.

I’m not sure I want Burrow. He certainly doesn’t seem like a cant miss. I’d rather trade down a bit and take Hurst.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah that’s why there really wasn’t much of a chance of the Bengals winning. Finley was not going to beat their defense.

Yeah don’t get too down on your O. Steelers D is tough since they got Fitzpatrick. Also get Dalton back in. He’s a pretty good QB. I think with a good run game, he’s more than capable as a starting QB. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:24 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: No way. Young can wreak havoc. Fix your O line, resign Green, and for the love of God put Dalton back in. Bengals get instantly much better. 

Apparently you missed the TD pass. As pretty a ball as I’ve ever seen. And you could make a nice cassoulet with it after the game.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
SACK ZAC

That's my new saying for my Bengals

SACK ZAC

He looks like a crying school BOY on the sidelines, not a coach.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Apparently you missed the TD pass. As pretty a ball as I’ve ever seen. And you could make a nice cassoulet with it after the game.

Yeah I think Haden breaks up a good pass. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:31 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Yeah I think Haden breaks up a good pass. 

That’s what a genius Finley is. He knew Haden would play it as if a person who belongs in the NFL were throwing it.

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:24 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: No way. Young can wreak havoc. Fix your O line, resign Green, and for the love of God put Dalton back in. Bengals get instantly much better. 

Exactly.  Even with two crap on a stick quarterbacks the Steelers still won.  Why?  Their defense!  Chase Young could be the Bengals' version of TJ Watt -- only better.  I would rather have Andy Dalton, Eli Manning, Cam Newton, or Philip Rivers as a "bridge" quarterback in 2020 and get the rest of the team up to standards.  If the Bengals keep drafting franchise (?) quarterbacks without fixing the rest of the team we're going to become the Cleveland Browns, Hue Jackson Edition.  Besides, if you think merely getting a different quarterback is all we need, you're in bad company:  That's Mike Brown's failed philosophy; need I mention Akili Smith or David Klingler?  They were Mikey Boy's "can't miss" quarterbacks who missed a lot.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Exactly.  Even with two crap on a stick quarterbacks the Steelers still won.  Why?  Their defense!  Chase Young could be the Bengals' version of TJ Watt -- only better.  I would rather have Andy Dalton, Eli Manning, Cam Newton, or Philip Rivers as a "bridge" quarterback in 2020 and get the rest of the team up to standards.  If the Bengals keep drafting franchise (?) quarterbacks without fixing the rest of the team we're going to become the Cleveland Browns, Hue Jackson Edition.  Besides, if you think merely getting a different quarterback is all we need, you're in bad company:  That's Mike Brown's failed philosophy; need I mention Akili Smith or David Klingler?  They were Mikey Boy's "can't miss" quarterbacks who missed a lot.

All you have to know is Mikey passed on all of the Saints picks for Akili Smith

Reply/Quote
Need to fix the offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Exactly.  Even with two crap on a stick quarterbacks the Steelers still won.  Why?  Their defense!  Chase Young could be the Bengals' version of TJ Watt -- only better.  I would rather have Andy Dalton, Eli Manning, Cam Newton, or Philip Rivers as a "bridge" quarterback in 2020 and get the rest of the team up to standards.  If the Bengals keep drafting franchise (?) quarterbacks without fixing the rest of the team we're going to become the Cleveland Browns, Hue Jackson Edition.  Besides, if you think merely getting a different quarterback is all we need, you're in bad company:  That's Mike Brown's failed philosophy; need I mention Akili Smith or David Klingler?  They were Mikey Boy's "can't miss" quarterbacks who missed a lot.

Young sure looks like a real game wrecker. I'd have a hard time passing him up.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: All you have to know is Mikey passed on all of the Saints picks for Akili Smith

...and this is why that man should stick to business, never claim the title of General Manager, and let the experts pick the players.  Marvin Lewis, for all his faults as a coach in prime time, was a great judge of talent.  His drafts were productive.  I'm still not sold on Zac's ability to recognize talent yet but I hope Lou Anarumo gets in his face and demands Chase Young in the first round.
Reply/Quote
They have their work cut out for them. We need to build the trenches in a bad way on both sides of the ball, and we need a couple pro caliber LBs. QB needs solved. Id say its time to see Dolegada.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Young sure looks like a real game wrecker. I'd have a hard time passing him up.

If he’s there you’ve got to take him. It’s not like Dalton is horrible, or dare I say Mason Rudolph (although I’m still holding out hope). Block for him, give him a run game (you’ve got fricking Mixon), give him some targets (hello...AJ Green.....even Boyd (Pittsburgh kid Wink)) and he will win a lot of games. 

And Sometimes the O line can be fixed with a better coach. The Steelers took a huge leap forward when they brought in Munchack and are off a bit this year without him. 
Reply/Quote
hapless
[ hap-lis ]

adjective
1) unlucky; luckless; unfortunate.

noun
1) anyone involved with the 2019 Cincinnati Bengals
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
https://sports.theonion.com/bengals-assure-injury-prone-tua-tagovailoa-he-can-have-1839961744?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&fbclid=IwAR0y9CL4xCv6KgdAqYQ5pA6ixAT4azPGrjQczPt0HZzLUbiTTG154GJeDac

"CINCINNATI—Promising the Alabama Crimson Tide quarterback that nothing would stop them from drafting him, the Bengals assured injury-prone Tua Tagovailoa Wednesday that he could have any of Andy Dalton’s organs. “We consider Tua to be an elite prospect, but if he has any concerns about the NFL next year, he needs to know that we are willing to sacrifice any part of Andy to make sure he stays healthy,” said Bengals personnel director Duke Tobin, listing not only Dalton’s hip bone but his kidneys and lungs as parts that are up for grabs. “I’d be lying if I said Tua’s history of injuries didn’t make us nervous, but I’m confident Andy has the healthy functional bones and organs to make this work. Ideally, we’d love for Tua to keep his arms, vision, and feet, but anything beyond that is fair game. We might even be able to arrange for a second heart if that helps.” Tobin added that Tagovailoa was welcome to anything else he might need from the rest of the team as the entire defense is scheduled to be thrown out this winter."
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 06:59 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: https://sports.theonion.com/bengals-assure-injury-prone-tua-tagovailoa-he-can-have-1839961744?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&fbclid=IwAR0y9CL4xCv6KgdAqYQ5pA6ixAT4azPGrjQczPt0HZzLUbiTTG154GJeDac

"CINCINNATI—Promising the Alabama Crimson Tide quarterback that nothing would stop them from drafting him, the Bengals assured injury-prone Tua Tagovailoa Wednesday that he could have any of Andy Dalton’s organs. “We consider Tua to be an elite prospect, but if he has any concerns about the NFL next year, he needs to know that we are willing to sacrifice any part of Andy to make sure he stays healthy,” said Bengals personnel director Duke Tobin, listing not only Dalton’s hip bone but his kidneys and lungs as parts that are up for grabs. “I’d be lying if I said Tua’s history of injuries didn’t make us nervous, but I’m confident Andy has the healthy functional bones and organs to make this work. Ideally, we’d love for Tua to keep his arms, vision, and feet, but anything beyond that is fair game. We might even be able to arrange for a second heart if that helps.” Tobin added that Tagovailoa was welcome to anything else he might need from the rest of the team as the entire defense is scheduled to be thrown out this winter."

That’s funny. Hell of an imagination but funny.
Reply/Quote