Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
***Week 14 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals***
We have a tough schedule but damn to be lucky to get back to back west coast teams at home only to suck it up. Ffs
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:04 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Everyone in the grit-eating world knew he was shitty weeks ago yet Taylor did what dumb coaches do - keep bad players in positions to make bad plays. Just because stupid thoughts like that help you make sense of the world, keep it under your hat lest you look like a galvanized steel moron.

That’s just one of the countless mistakes he made. He’s fuvking horrible. Humiliating. Worst coach in the league.

I'll have to disagree with you on him being the worst coach in the league.  I think Nagy is just as bad 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:08 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: It’s hard to focus on one thing be sure this whole team sucks. They are soft and don’t make plays when they need to.

What happened to Joey raising the level of the players around him?

Myth.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
**** Paul Brown for not leaving this team to anybody else other then Mike Brown.

Why does this idiot think he knows better than everybody else? Constantly on the cutting edge of futility. Creating new ways to **** things up coming up on 2 ***** decades. It’s unbelievable.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:04 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The defense only allowed 20 points in regulation play. Even a mediocre offense should be able to score more points than that and win.

Exactly this! Some players need to be given a duffel bag, but how does a top 5 rusher, higher rates WR trio in the league and #1OA QB score less than some teams have done in a single quarter?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:07 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: I'll have to disagree with you on him being the worst coach in the league.  I think Nagy is just as bad 

Let’s switch. We need to know.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:04 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Everyone in the grit-eating world knew he was shitty weeks ago yet Taylor did what dumb coaches do - keep bad players in positions to make bad plays. Just because stupid thoughts like that help you make sense of the world, keep it under your hat lest you look like a galvanized steel moron.

That’s just one of the countless mistakes he made. He’s fuvking horrible. Humiliating. Worst coach in the league.

My cousin vinny reference
Reply/Quote
Lets be real here we have garbage backups on the Oline. Burrow had an amazing game maybe the best of his professional career. Yet we ruin it by not getting a stop in OT Stupid taunting that led to a TD and set up 2 more with muffed points. All the while we have a head coach that seems to think of Joe mutha bleeping Burrow is a game manager
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Myth.

No matter how good your QB is, there’s no such thing as your QB raising the level of play for a struggling punt returner muffing punts. A great QB isn’t going to make your defensive coordinator all of a sudden know what the **** he’s doing. Nor will it make your limp wristed safety grow a ***** pair and make a play.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:05 PM)Destro Wrote: Putting it squarely on Phillips ignores what happened when the Bengals did actually have the ball after a kick. Little to nothing. 20 points in regulation. Took out of field goal range on another drive. 49ers cbs got lost but luckily the Bengals chose not to exploit that. Notice what the 49ers did when they had success? They used it to win the game.

Some people will never fault Taylor.

It falls on Phillips and Taylor. Phillips for gifting the 49ers points multiple times and robbing us of the possessions. It then falls on ZT in OT with the shitty playcalling. We have passes going for great gains and what does he do…dial up two straight runs on 1st/2nd down putting in obvious passing situation, WHICH ALSO KILLED A DRIVE IN THE 4th QUARTER. Why he felt the need to run the ball I will never know but ultimately could have cost the game and quite frankly, the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:05 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Defense deserved better today.

Like hell they did.  The defensive backfield sucked pretty much all day long
Reply/Quote
Wow! 23 posts by faithful fans trashing Bengals as Bungles?

AL isn't going to be happy whatsoever.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:01 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I really truly wanted Zac to be the answer and I rooted for him this season but now he has lost me.  To run the ball twice when you just gasjed them for 40 plus yards on two passes, was the last straw for me.  I loved his aggressiveness early in the year but lately he has been Marv 2.0    See ya

Said in his press conference that the 49ers gave them a "look" that dictated they call those 2 runs.  Maybe just rely on your franchise QB who is hot, and high draft pick WRs instead of your very mediocre Oline that couldn't run block the entire game.  Absolutely clueless.
Reply/Quote
The true bungles are us fans deciding to stay fans after 35 years of mike brown
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 09:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Philipps owns the loss. Ten points for them two lost possessions for us.

Doesn't matter. If not him, someone else. Didn't Evan "insert nickname here" McPherson miss an easy field goal earlier?

It's always something.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Pick your poison for blame in this game, the list is long

Blame Taylor for his conservative play calls.

Blame Lou for not adjusting the defense to cover the one guy you need to defend in Kittle

Blame Phillips for the turnovers

Blame Chase for the drops that killed drives

Blame the OL for not creating running lanes or keeping Burrow protected

Blame Mixon for not getting any push on his runs

Blame Burrow for taking sacks and some poor throws.

Blame Bates for dropping the INT.

Blame McPherson for missing a FG.

Outside of Higgins and Boyd and the DL, you can literally blame the entire team and coaching staff for this loss.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:11 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Wow! 23 posts by faithful fans trashing Bengals as Bungles?

AL isn't going to be happy whatsoever.

Do you put your trash to the curb every week or do you just let it sit there an accumulate?
Reply/Quote
Missed it byyyyyyyyyyyy || <--that much! That's your Cincinnati Bengals. 

Can't wait to read about "proud of this team for fighting" "didn't give up" "gonna watch film and figure it out". 

It's all coming, as usual. 

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 10:12 PM)matmaven Wrote: Said in his press conference that the 49ers gave them a "look" that dictated they call those 2 runs.  Maybe just rely on your franchise QB who is hot, and high draft pick WRs instead of your very mediocre Oline that couldn't run block the entire game.  Absolutely clueless.

Agree. As I just said he did the same thing that killed a drive in the 4th quarter. If you cant run the ball you cant run the ball. Joe B just got us to overtime and was driving and ZT took the game out of his hands. In all honesty with 2 straight runs it seemed as though ZT was playing for a FG thinking the D likely would make a stop.
Reply/Quote
People are saying I'm a Zac Taylor guy which is wrong. I'm still iffy that the Bengals offense has not married the run offense to the pass offense and they need a new offensive coordinator.

That doesnt change the facts today. Darius Phillips with not 1 but 2 muffed punts gifted the 49ers with points and in the NFL that speaks a high percentage chance of a loss.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote