Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Week 14: Rooting Interest
For seeding implications it’s clear that we want the Ravens, Chiefs and Titans all to LOSE.

But how do we feel about the Jets @ Bills and Dolphins @ Chargers games?
Do the outcomes of those games provide any benefit to the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 06:43 PM)DesertBengal Wrote: For seeding implications it’s clear that we want the Ravens, Chiefs and Titans all to LOSE.

As long as we take care of business, we want the jets and chargers to win. If we lose, we would prefer the Bills and Dolphins to win.
Reply/Quote
At this point I'm not sure it matters much as far as wildcard goes since away is away and it's a crap shoot who we would play.

Given that I really only care what the ravens do for the rest of the season.
Reply/Quote
For all we know, the Jets and the Chargers could win these games, but I expect the Bills to beat the Jets.
Reply/Quote
We shouldn't worry if we just do our business. But the Jets-Bills looks like an interesting game.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
J-E-T-S Jets Jets JETS

But the big one every week from here on out is Baltimore.

I like home playoff games.
Reply/Quote
Not sure who to pull for and just hoping the Bengals take care of their own business this week.

But expect it to shake out like this after this week

Bills ..........10-3
Chiefs........10-3
Bengals ......9-4
Titans ........8-5
Dolphins.....8-5
Ravens.......8-5
Jets............7-6
Chargers.....7-6

Teams scheduled after this week that could help Bengals still

Bills vs Dolphins, Bengals, Patriots....They gotta play us
Chiefs vs Seahawks....should cruise the rest of the way unfortunately
Titans vs Cowboys, Chargers.....They win their division regardless but don't think they contend for a bye
Dolphins vs Bills, Jets, Patriots......not too easy
Ravens vs steelers, Browns.....conference rivals so who knows
Jets vs Seahawks, Dolphins
Chargers vs Titans.......really only play one more hard team

Bengals probably still play the toughest schedule with the Bills, Bucs, Ravens, Patriots  left but have the train rolling with a full head of steam. Believe the Chiefs get one bye and it will be between the Bills and Bengals for the other bye as long as the Bengals TCB
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I just hope that missed extra point in Week 1 doesn't end up forcing us to go to KC instead of playing them in the Jungle again.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 01:42 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure who to pull for and just hoping the Bengals take care of their own business this week.

But expect it to shake out like this after this week

Bills ..........10-3
Chiefs........10-3
Bengals ......9-4
Titans ........8-5
Dolphins.....8-5
Ravens.......8-5
Jets............7-6
Chargers.....7-6

Teams scheduled after this week that could help Bengals still

Bills vs Dolphins, Bengals, Patriots....They gotta play us
Chiefs vs Seahawks....should cruise the rest of the way unfortunately
Titans vs Cowboys, Chargers.....They win their division regardless but don't think they contend for a bye
Dolphins vs Bills, Jets, Patriots......not too easy
Ravens vs steelers, Browns.....conference rivals so who knows
Jets vs Seahawks, Dolphins
Chargers vs Titans.......really only play one more hard team

Bengals probably still play the toughest schedule with the Bills, Bucs, Ravens, Patriots  left but have the train rolling with a full head of steam. Believe the Chiefs get one bye and it will be between the Bills and Bengals for the other bye as long as the Bengals TCB

There is only one bye this year, as was the last two year when they switched to 7 teams in each conference . which makes the one seed that much more important.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 08:46 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: There is only one bye this year, as was the last two year when they switched to 7 teams in each conference . which makes the one seed that much more important.

With the Chiefs fairly easy schedule I see them getting that bye unfortunately, imho. 

If we hadn't dropped the first two games it would be ours to lose though.

Hope I am wrong per hating the Chiefs.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I agree Chiefs likely will get the #1 seed.... Bengals should be shooting for the #2 seed to get at least two home games.

Likely need 4 out of the last 5 to do that.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 06:43 PM)DesertBengal Wrote: For seeding implications it’s clear that we want the Ravens, Chiefs and Titans all to LOSE.

Chargers are all but out of it at 6-6 so, root for them against Miami (futile...they will get destroyed) and also root for Jets.  We have a tie breaker with them and are already a game up on them.  

I suppose there is a school of thought that some would rather face the Jets than the Dolphins in the playoffs, but either scenario would be in Cincy (if things continue as they stand).

Last place I want to play a playoff game is Buffalo.  The weather could make it a very different game than played most anywhere else.  
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 11:03 AM)Go Cards Wrote: With the Chiefs fairly easy schedule I see them getting that bye unfortunately, imho. 

Hope I am wrong per hating the Chiefs.

Yep they definitely have to drop 1 and we have to win out which is a hard ask. It’s not impossible, but we have a real good shot at the second seed which means we are gauranteed at least 2 home games in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
These conversations have come a long way from "Our season's over, 6 wins max" BS.... Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 12:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: These conversations have come a long way from "Our season's over, 6 wins max" BS.... Tiger

Don't recall many saying 6 wins max, but admittedly my memory is not great and you may be right. 

Although the Bengals poor play early on did deserve criticism, as does their great play as of late deserves praise.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 11:03 AM)Go Cards Wrote: With the Chiefs fairly easy schedule I see them getting that bye unfortunately, imho. 

Hope I am wrong  per hating the Chiefs.

It's highly unlikely the Bengals get the #1 seed. Most likely the Chiefs. It is my hope the Bengals get the #2 and the Dolphins win the East so that Buffalo has to go to KC, where they can knock the Chiefs out and them come to Cin for the AFCCG.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 02:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Don't recall many saying 6 wins max, but admittedly my memory is not great and you may be right. 

Although the Bengals poor play early on did deserve criticism, as does their great play as of late deserves praise.  

Oh yeah, go back and look. There were several of the usual suspects saying no more than 6 wins after we took the first few losses
Reply/Quote
We want the Jets to lose so we don't play Mike White in the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2022, 02:54 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Don't recall many saying 6 wins max, but admittedly my memory is not great and you may be right. 

The same doomsdayers always pop up after bad losses, no doubt I have had my criticisms.

I remember things getting pretty negative after the Ravens game, but some poster brought some serious perspective to the board with this statement:

"The Bengal fans are the very definition of a microwave society so much that it is becoming comically sad and embarrassing.

But microwaves are so 1980's, step up your game.

Zac built this machine and believe he has changed the FO culture too. They're doing things like never before, especially in FA.

If the entire fan base bashes their attempts prematurely, why would they just not go back to their old ways about only caring about profit and not the city and the fans ?

Be careful what you wish for folks because you just might get it.

Just believe some tweaking and self reflecting is needed personally."

Reply/Quote
Go Steelers.

God it hurts to write that.
Reply/Quote