Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bills @ Bengals***
(01-03-2023, 12:28 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Exactly…stirring up controversy getting everyone upset!  

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why is this controversy,  she said nothing inappropriate 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: They showed a lot of players kneeling in prayer before they left the field.

After the play and when I thought we were going on to the next down; I saw Karras kneeling doing the Catholic crossing thing. There must have been things we didn't see.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How is showing that Tee has his mom there for support “stirring up controversy?”

My god are some of you the absolute worst.

Totally agree
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you see the looks on the players faces from BOTH teams? Tee is probably in a really bad headspace right now, I’m glad he had her there for support.

I’ll repeat, this was not the time or place to take jabs at a reporter you don’t like. Shame on you.

Let’s come back to this another time eh

Main thoughts are with Hamlin and Tee.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:40 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: By saying “ESPN is acting like he died on the field”, you are making light of their coverage of a man who did potentially die on the field. Of course you’re going to become defensive when you’re called out on it - because you’re ignorant. There is massive difference in saying “I don’t think we need to be so negative in how we report this” vs. what you originally said and I would venture to say you know that.

Sounds like you jumped to your own conclusion on what I meant. What a shame.

Nobody is making light of the situation. Sorry you didn’t like what I said or how I said it.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Not a good start to 2023.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:37 AM)bfine32 Wrote: My brothers, we're here for each other. Let's not cheapen this with petty arguments.

If you pray, pray for the kid, if you don't send him well wishes.

But allow each other to express themselves as they see fit

This absolutely. I think we only have one medical expert on here and zero who are treating this guy.

If you believe in God, pray that he helps heal him.
If you don't, hope that the medical personnel can fix him. 

They likely don't even have a 100% certainty of what may be going on in his body, but many are trying to suggest they do from watching it on ESPN. 

I'm sickened for this man's family and friends.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lots of embarrassing stuff being said and done by our “fans” right now. Both here and at the stadium. I heard there was multiple fights during the stoppage. They should be ashamed with themselves.

That's terrible, also I don't want a Bills fan seeing some of the stuff shared so far, they got enough going on.  I think a lot of us are feeling guilty in some way and working through what's real. It's a sport, but I pray for this man's soul and pray for patience for each other.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:35 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: You don’t have to report everything sometimes let thing be

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s really bad when the twitter replies are much more sensitive and appropriate than the comments here.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> wide receiver Tee Higgins just left locker room looked distraught and hugged his mom before leaving the stadium</p>&mdash; Richard Skinner (@Local12Skinny) <a href="https://twitter.com/Local12Skinny/status/1610112053410250755?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 3, 2023</a></blockquote>

I’m glad the young man who was visibly DISTRAUGHT had the most important person in the world to him by his side. If some you take issue with it that’s on you.

Reply/Quote
Prayers to this player and his Family.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:42 AM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Let’s come back to this another time eh

Main thoughts are with Hamlin and Tee.

Now you get it.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s really bad when the twitter replies are much more sensitive and appropriate than the comments here.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> wide receiver Tee Higgins just left locker room looked distraught and hugged his mom before leaving the stadium</p>&mdash; Richard Skinner (@Local12Skinny) <a href="https://twitter.com/Local12Skinny/status/1610112053410250755?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 3, 2023</a></blockquote>

I’m glad the young man who was visibly DISTRAUGHT the most important person in the world by his side. If some you take issue with it that’s on you.

I don't think anyone is upset about that.

I think what people are upset about, and rightfully so, is that such an intimate moment between family members wasn't kept private. It seems kind of tacky to put that on public display.

I get these are public figures, but maybe things like this should be kept private given the situation.
Reply/Quote
Keep Tee in your thoughts as well. I can't imagine what he is going through.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:43 AM)Destro Wrote: This absolutely. I think we only have one medical expert on here and zero who are treating this guy.

They likely don't even have a 100% certainty of what may be going on in his body, but many are trying to suggest they do from watching it on ESPN. 

All we can do is specualte based on what we know, and I don't see what's wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with trying to understand what we just saw unfold on live TV.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Now you get it.

Wow
Reply/Quote
Need counselors to the teams and families.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:46 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: I don't think anyone is upset about that.

I think what people are upset about, and rightfully so, is that such an intimate moment between family members wasn't kept private. It seems kind of tacky to put that on public display.

I get these are public figures, but maybe things like this should be kept private given the situation.

Exactly 100% this
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:43 AM)Destro Wrote: This absolutely. I think we only have one medical expert on here and zero who are treating this guy.

Long time RN here. Worked in cardiac, ICU, open heart etc. for many years.

The speculation is unreal. What happened to him could be SO many different things. The one thing it is? Awful. It's terrible and frightening and sickening to see anyone go down like that, but especially a young man who is in better physical condition than 99% of the population.

Just say a prayer or say nothing. I am not speculating...I am praying.

Also, do not go on Twitter. The number of people who know someone who know someone who then is making this all about them is unreal. I am not only saddened by what happened tonight, I am sad for where our society is headed.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:48 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: All we can do is specualte based on what we know, and I don't see what's wrong with that.

Nothing wrong with trying to understand what we just saw unfold on live TV.

Isn't this why people are giving us updates on Tee and Hamlin?  
Reply/Quote
Tweet from Hamlin’s agent:

Update on Damar:

His vitals are back to normal and they have put him to sleep to put a breathing tube down his throat. They are currently running tests.

We will provide updates as we have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote