Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Chiefs @ Bengals***
(01-02-2022, 04:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That’s gotta be some sort of record. Even for like 1942

Did you forget the NE attempted 3 passes game only a few weeks ago, and they won/
Reply/Quote
The main culprit today has been the defensive line. All that money and nothing to show for it so far. No pressure and also getting run on easily. Hendrickson and Hubbard and Ogunjobi and Hill HAD to win their battles for this to be a game - they haven't. Which calls their worth into question.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 04:45 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We have to run to give the defense a chance to rest and to somehow make mahomes cold, it might be impossible but trying to keep up with a thoroughbred when you're still a pony...not happening

We could rest defense til next year. But it’s not going to help this team
Reply/Quote
Remember Apple's dropped INT? Would be nice to have that possession right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 04:38 PM)Tony Wrote: Tackling would be a start,  maybe covering wrs down field.. Bell shoulda never been on Hill by himself. That was almost disastrous..

How about Apple 1 on 1 with Kelce in the red zone.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 04:45 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Defense gave up 292yards in 1st half. What is this peewee football?

I can definitely see the Chiefs going for 600..
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 04:44 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That’s gotta be some sort of record. Even for like 1942

Didn't Mac Jones attempt 0 all first half in that game where he only attempted 3 passes against the Bills?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We are a bordeline PO team. KC is a Super Bowl contender with a HOF coach.

There is a gap.

Still in it, however.

Like to see more runs.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 04:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: The main culprit today has been the defensive line. All that money and nothing to show for it so far. No pressure and also getting run on easily. Hendrickson and Hubbard and Ogunjobi and Hill HAD to win their battles for this to be a game - they haven't. Which calls their worth into question.

I think Cinci has actually gotten some pressure today but Mahomes is just Mahomes and fled the pocket. He is very mobile and a deadly passer when mobile. This is just what he does. 
Reply/Quote
We're right in this game. No panic. D steps up and gets a few shots, O keeps rolling, and we'll be ok.
Reply/Quote
stafford on baltimore's 11 yard line, down 6
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 04:46 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: How about Apple 1 on 1 with Kelce in the red zone.

Ya, whos idea was that lol
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 04:45 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Did you forget the NE attempted 3 passes game only a few weeks ago, and they won/

Yes
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 04:37 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: My biggest take away from the first half is how bad the D line is playing.  Mahomes has all day and when he feels a little outside pressure he just steps up and the middle is wide open.

Just pathetic play by this D line today. There were a few times the DBs did get burned but over all they are doing OK considering how much time he has had to throw.  Front 4 has to help them out.

They aren't playing well but they were on the field a bit much.  Bengals can help their day by utilizing the 2nd highest rusher in the AFC.
That will also slow the pass rush
Reply/Quote
Spain has been declared out by the Bengals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Rams could have went ahead of Ravens, but Stafford fumbled in Red Zone to give Ravens ball back. Rams are making too many turnovers.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 04:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: stafford on baltimore's 11 yard line, down 6

Not no more
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I sure as hell hope that this time next week we're not having visions of that Jets' game dancing around in our heads. I still don't understand how that happened.
Reply/Quote
I have a feeling this ain't quite our season, but next season with a much better Oline? A few upgrades on D and everyone forgets about KC..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 04:46 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: How about Apple 1 on 1 with Kelce in the red zone.

This made me laugh more than it should have
Reply/Quote