Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Chiefs***
Bounce back (Bitches)Bengals. Teams look like shit the week before, only to bounce back after carving up our pathetic D. It’s a shame the offense shit the bed in the second half but what else would you expect. This team was going nowhere even with Burrow, what were we going to do in the playoffs with a backup and all the holes this team has? Nothing, not a damn thing but delay our anger one more week. This season was over when it started.

Good season shout outs

Browning, may have held the ball too long on the final drive against KC, but very impressed with his play.

T Hudson, think we found a TE.

Please don’t come back next year

N Scott, don’t really need to say much.
I Smith, just nothing
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:51 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Bounce back (Bitches)Bengals. Teams look like shit the week before, only to bounce back after carving up our pathetic D. It’s a shame the offense shit the bed in the second half but what else would you expect. This team was going nowhere even with Burrow, what were we going to do in the playoffs with a backup and all the holes this team has? Nothing, not a damn thing but delay our anger one more week. This season was over when it started.

Good season shout outs

Browning, may have held the ball too long on the final drive against KC, but very impressed with his play.

T Hudson, think we found a TE.

Please don’t come back next year

N Scott, don’t really need to say much.
I Smith, just nothing

Has anyone been sacked 4 times in 6 plays? Felt like a league record lol
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:26 PM)iowahwky4cinci Wrote: No grounding. Terrible call.

Grounding bad call but it’s it like they let the Chiefs best D lineman line up in the neutral zone (obvious penalty that the side judge is staring at)

Missed Burrow today. He keeps them calm and makes up for a lot of mistakes by others - especially his head coach!
Reply/Quote
Bengals defense needs all the attention in off season. All positions and coaches need to be evaluated as to their potential, and whether they should still be in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I’m still waiting for someone to tell me one facet of the game that Taylor has sought to improve and has been successful? Just one. The players they’ve drafted and signed haven’t done anything to improve the team. His philosophy in preseason has this team constantly clawing to maintain a playoff position every year His m.o. if having to rip off a bunch of late season wins isn’t sustainable as we’ve seen today. The Steelers and Browns were a train wreck the last 2 seasons. Ravens were riddled with injuries. The last two seasons were a fluke and even if it wasn’t Taylor has proved he’s a fraud and incapable of taking this team any further. His mismanagement of Burrow most likely has derailed Burrow’s career. I bet Chase will not re-sign and Burrow will force a trade in a season or two.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:08 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: I’m still waiting for someone to tell me one facet of the game that Taylor has sought to improve and has been successful? Just one.

I got nuthin’…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:04 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Bengals defense needs all the attention in off season. All positions and coaches need to be evaluated as to their potential, and whether they should still be in the NFL.

I would not retain any of them.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:52 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Has anyone been sacked 4 times in 6 plays? Felt like a league record lol

That happened to me once while playing Tecmo Bowl back in 1991, but I realized my friend was looking at my controller while I was picking plays.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That happened to me once while playing Tecmo Bowl back in 1991, but I realized my friend was looking at my controller while I was picking plays.

I mean, I guess the chiefs pretty much predicted what we were going to do there.

Long gone are the days of RPO passes and complete domination by our backup QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:20 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I mean, I guess the chiefs pretty much predicted what we were going to do there.

Long gone are the days of RPO passes and complete domination by our backup QB.

It was bad, but it wasn't "The Lawrence Taylor Giants picked the same play as you in Tecmo Bowl" bad.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:50 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I get that. But what's been the common denominator in three plus seasons of subpar play? If he's back next year, do you really see anything that tells you these will improve next year? I sure don't! It's time for the door to hit him where the good Lord split him!

I’m completely open to replacing Pollack. But not because of the pass protection. The non-existent run game is a bigger issue.

I do think part of that is on Duke, though. The OL he’s assembled doesn’t fit what Zac/Pollack want to do.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 08:16 PM)bengalrick Wrote: Taylor and Callahan just lost the game…….. what a Mickey Mouse middle school series at first and goal…..

It's always the offense, which really sucks because that's were all the $$$$$$$$$$$$ is invested and they can't give us Ws.

I wish Lou was our HC.
Reply/Quote