Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Week 2 2009 Bengals vs Packers
Our boy Rodgers was sacked 5 times by Antuan Odom and sacked 6 times overall. You guys hung on to win 31-24 as we got down to the 10 yard line but a false start penalty with the 10 second runoff rule ran the clock out to end the game. Chad Johnson did the Lambeau leap and Benson ran all over us. You Bengal fans remember this game? We made a serious rally at the end trailing by 10 but not enough.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2017, 11:37 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Our boy Rodgers was sacked 5 times by Antuan Odom and sacked 6 times overall. You guys hung on to win 31-24 as we got down to the 10 yard line but a false start penalty with the 10 second runoff rule ran the clock out to end the game. Chad Johnson did the Lambeau leap and Benson ran all over us. You Bengal fans remember this game? We made a serious rally at the end trailing by 10 but not enough.
I remember it. I would say the game 3 years ago in Cincy was much more exciting tho!!! Gio's diving TD that is highlite gem!!
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2017, 11:56 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I remember it. I would say the game 3 years ago in Cincy was much more exciting tho!!! Gio's diving TD that is highlite gem!!

That was the game you guys went up 14-0 then we scored 30 unanswered points then you guys scored the final 20 points to win. I admit that was a tough loss for us lol.
Reply/Quote
Also the beginning of the end for our running back Jonathan Franklin. He was a future star then he wrecked his knee that day. He also had a great game but fumbled at the most critical time. AJ Green was phenomenal for you guys that day.
Reply/Quote
The last few Bengal Packer games have had crazy endings. This year probably will too.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2017, 07:21 PM)packerbacker Wrote: The last few Bengal Packer games have had crazy endings. This year probably will too.

My stepson is a big Packers fan.  Though he lives 3 States away, I suspect we'll be having a text message trash-talk fest, all day long!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Definitely remember that, I'll never forget seeing Odom get 5 sacks in one game....it's a shame he didn't do anything for us after that game.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2017, 07:21 PM)packerbacker Wrote: The last few Bengal Packer games have had crazy endings. This year probably will too.

I wouldn't doubt it and I'd hope for nothing less! Unfortunately for us I think Green Bay is due for the luck to be in their favor this time around... Time will tell  
Reply/Quote
Good luck to you guys in Week 2. Are you satisfied with what ya'll did in the draft? Personally, I think you all don't have enough offensive talent around Rogers, and depth is an issue. We have our own issues, especially the OLine. It should be a good game.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
That was a rad game. Rodgers line was absolutely dreadful that year. I think our line now is probably going to be just as bad. Problem is we dont have a guy like Rodgers who can pull rabbits out of hats with a crappy offensive line.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2017, 08:13 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Definitely remember that, I'll never forget seeing Odom get 5 sacks in one game....it's a shame he didn't do anything for us after that game.

Didn't he tear an achilles or something like 3 games later and never was the same after that?
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 12:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Didn't he tear an achilles or something like 3 games later and never was the same after that?

Yeah he had an Achilles injury and was done for the season shortly after that game. 
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 02:18 AM)Shady Wrote: Good luck to you guys in Week 2. Are you satisfied with what ya'll did in the draft? Personally, I think you all don't have enough offensive talent around Rogers, and depth is an issue. We have our own issues, especially the OLine. It should be a good game.

We still have Cobb, Adams, Nelson. Our core is aging though and hopefully we can stay healthy. I hope you guys do as well. Hope it's a good game with no injuries. Yes I am satisfied with our draft. I think we addressed our weak points.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I was so psyched after that game because my son and I went to the Broncos opening day the week before and I thought we were going to be horrible that year.

That game gave me faith for the rest of the season! Only to end in a crash and burn like usual. lol
Reply/Quote
2005- We picked off Favre 5 times and a fan stole the ball from him on the last drive.

2009- 5 sacks for Odom. He abused a backup lineman...I believe his name was Darren Colledge?

2013- Came back from being down 30-14 late in the 3rd, to win 34-30. GB ran for 182 yards, but Dalton (105.5 rating) outplayed Rodgers (64.5 rating) and Reggie Nelson had a 58 yard fumble return TD to put us ahead. What a game.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 02:18 AM)Shady Wrote: Good luck to you guys in Week 2. Are you satisfied with what ya'll did in the draft? Personally, I think you all don't have enough offensive talent around Rogers, and depth is an issue. We have our own issues, especially the OLine. It should be a good game.

They still have a great offense.  And their defense should be much improved.   I think the Pack will be a very good team this year.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2017, 05:14 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: That was a rad game. Rodgers line was absolutely dreadful that year. I think our line now is probably going to be just as bad. Problem is we dont have a guy like Rodgers who can pull rabbits out of hats with a crappy offensive line.

Well Rodgers has a 2-15 record when he's sacked 5 or more times, so I'm not sure how many rabbits he's really pulled out of that hat.

Dalton is 4-4 in such games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2017, 01:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2005- We picked off Favre 5 times and a fan stole the ball from him on the last drive.

2009- 5 sacks for Odom. He abused a backup lineman...I believe his name was Darren Colledge?

2013- Came back from being down 30-14 late in the 3rd, to win 34-30. GB ran for 182 yards, but Dalton (105.5 rating) outplayed Rodgers (64.5 rating) and Reggie Nelson had a 58 yard fumble return TD to put us ahead. What a game.

After all those beatings we still love you guys lol.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2017, 04:52 PM)packerbacker Wrote: After all those beatings we still love you guys lol.

I love the Packers too. Because we keep beating them. 

Seriously though, I'm envious of the Packers organization. We have the worst owner in the NFL, while the Packers are owned by the people. 
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2017, 01:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 2005- We picked off Favre 5 times and a fan stole the ball from him on the last drive.

If I remember, a young Rey Maualuga also hit Rogers really hard on a scramble and forced a fumble.  Rogers wasn't the same the rest of the day after that hit (2009).  

The 2013 game was one of those emotional rollercoaster games, like the Seahawks of two years ago, where the Bengals came out on top.  It was always fun to listen to the National Media talk about the massive suck job executed by the other team rather than give the Bengals some credit.  Easy to put up with after a win.

It will be tough drawing them early in the season without as much film on their offense, but I think they will be surprised (at least I hope they will be) by the new found pass rush generated by our front four.  
Reply/Quote