Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - 49ers @ Bengals***
We should have let the team move in the 90's. Would have been worth it to get rid of the Brown family
Reply/Quote
25 total rushing yards 1.3 yards a carry. I think this team is going to have a huge problem if they can't do better than that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I hope Marvin writes his all-tale book, even if its released only in the dark web. ha!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:26 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Tank this year for linemen. Tank next year for Lawrence

Lawrence would probably refuse to play here. Why would a generational talent waste their career as a Bengal?

Reply/Quote
Alexander was a free agent and available. He showed today why he is a dominant LB. Our defense lacks a great play making LB. Our DL also was weak against the run, an embarrassing weak.

But, our DB's are a bunch of *******, they can't tackle and get pushed around like girls.

The only good news so far in 2019 is Ross.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lawrence would probably refuse to play here. Why would a generational talent waste their career as a Bengal?

True enough. I got nuthin
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: 25 total rushing yard. I think this team is going to have a huge problem if they can't do better than that.

The writing was on the wall all preseason. We heard a lot about “vanilla” play calling and how the run game would be fine once Mixon got in there...yeah

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The only good news so far in 2019 is Ross.

It would have been nice if he would have done something before the game was over for 2 hours, today.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: 25 total rushing yards 1.3 yards a carry.  I think this team is going to have a huge problem if they can't do better than that.

The season is over, only 11% of teams make the playoffs after 0-2 starts. Our only savior is Adrial Jeremiah Green, but we should look to next year, lol. Now, we just hope the Browns lose too...can't end in 4th place can we....
Reply/Quote
Everyone back down to Earth? LOL
Reply/Quote
Not winning any games with this defense. The front office and Tobin did absolutely nothing personnel wise to improve a historically bad defense, besides adding B.W. Webb and Wynn. If you don’t want to spend money on free agent linebackers then you better figure out how to draft them. Preston Brown and Vigil won’t get it done and I’ll just assume Pratt won’t be good like all the other 3-4 round linebackers that Tobin drafts.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:32 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The season is over, only 11% of teams make the playoffs after 0-2 starts. Our only savior is Adrial Jeremiah Green, but we should look to next year, lol. Now, we just hope the Browns lose too...can't end in 4th place can we....

Ehh, seeing the Browns do better than the Steelers would make this season less of a loss in my mind.  At any rate, it's only week 2 but I'm getting my Corey Dillion Patriots jersey ready to root for the Patriots to win another Steeler fan-infuriating SB.
Reply/Quote
Empty stadium my friends......Empty stadium. The madness must stop.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:32 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Everyone back down to Earth? LOL

Nope, this loss was just what the doctor ordered and the team is going to respond in a big way when ZT fires them up and chews them out in a way Marvin NEVER did!  How's that?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: It is getting there I concur.

The issue is a long suffering and abused fan base in a forum commenting on....more failure. The responses start to turn to anger and fury. 

It's a vicious circle. The team needs the fans in the stands cheering them on to keep them pumped to win but the fans you won't go anymore to see a team they don't believe in - they want the team to win first to win them back. 

We we basically blew a game last week that we statistically should have won...and that was cause for optimism.

What teams lose and are thankful it was only by 1?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We we basically blew a game last week that we statistically should have won...and that was cause for optimism.

What teams lose and are thankful it was only by 1?

Well, one of my pals who is a Steeler fan said that he was "ok" with the fact that the Steelers at least made it competitive this week.  So the Bengals and Steelers both have one blowout loss and one "encouraging close loss" to the Seahawks.
Reply/Quote
Only Cincinnati would be DUMB enough to build TWO outdoor stadiums within a stones throw of each other.

No dome for Mikey Boy...mastermind sez football is meant to be played outdoors...shame since the only way this
city ever sees a Super Bowl is as a host city.

No Final Four or any event in the winter months - not like the city could use the tax revenue.

Epic stupidity beyond belief.
Reply/Quote
So many thought getting Lewis to go would be the answer.

The Bengal dream died when Paul Brown did!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:31 PM)it iNicomo Cosca Wrote: The writing was on the wall all preseason. We heard a lot about “vanilla” play calling and how the run game would be fine once Mixon got in there...yeah

I mentioned it as an issue last week when they only had 34 total rushing yards and everyone said it was because the Seahawks stacked the box.  I accepted that at the time.  Maybe the 49's did that again today, I don't know I wasn't able to watch the game. But it is starting to look more like another red flag.  

This team appears to have too many missing pieces to be competitive. They need almost an entire new O-line and LBs. That's a lot of rebuilding to do through the draft, especially when it seems they have been whiffing on draft picks recently.

I'll maintain some optimism and see if they can bounce back a bit next week.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 05:29 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Alexander was a free agent and available. He showed toda Sarcasm y why he is a dominant LB. Our defense lacks a great play making LB. Our DL also was weak against the run, an embarrassing weak.

But, our DB's are a bunch of *******, they can't tackle and get pushed around like girls.

The only good news so far in 2019 is Ross.

Dont worry...the new staff will coach up the guys. 
Reply/Quote