Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Bears***
(09-19-2021, 05:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: As fans, how do we get ready for PBurgh. Or do we have some NFL players in this thread

After the game the Steelers just had,  I'd say get the cart ready.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Taylor and Callahan's offense through 3 quarters cost them this football game. There was zero screens miss directs or anything to confuse a defense.

Outside of a couple of flat passes to Uzomah it was empty 5 wide pass play or stack offense under center run play. A caveman could have read that offense.

Reminded me a Lazor vanilla offense.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:07 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: We have to prepare for Faker mayfield, got sacked, left arm limp/dead, goes out of game, comes back and goes 10/10 and left arm fine. Mr. Miyagi back in lockerroom

It's called Vicodin with a Tramadol chaser.  He was probably higher than Rodgers in that season opener vs Chicago a couple years back.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good news: We're still in 1st place

[Image: farnsworth.jpg]
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opg445L041w
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:06 PM)TheFan Wrote: No one will be upset if you aren't here. 

Awwww... Look at your with all that spank. You are probably badass in real life..
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:03 PM)TheFan Wrote: I like how people blame the line for any Burrow mistake but Mixon gets shit on for the same line. 

Lol called out Burrow too. If he’s not ready he shouldn’t be out there. Btw Mixon still sucks.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:09 PM)BacknDaDey Wrote: The city of Cincinnati and surrounding areas deserves more than Zac Taylor as coach for the Bengals.  The play calling was pathetic.  Fans deserve more.  I think Taylor is too much of a player's coach.  Players need to be held accountable.  He needs to hold himself accountable.

It's not the coaches out there missing blocks, fumbling the football, throwing interceptions and getting stupid penalties. Anyone still want to complain about how much we paid Gio, because now that he is gone he is sorely missed.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 04:59 PM)kevin Wrote: There was NO QUIT. I like that. I wanted 2-0 start, but 1-1 is better than 0-2.....A DEFENSIVE GAME in Chicago.

Needed a win here so that a 3-1 start, and something close to 8-9 or 9-8 final record. was possible. Best case now is 7-10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: JuJu hurt on the final and meaningless play of the game. Tomlin just walks away.

Did Tomlin inflict the injury, he be known to step on field
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I really don’t get some of the fans in here lol

They are Homer's lol.. obviously
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:05 PM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: We’re 1-1, not 0-10. Stop acting like the season is over an get ready for Pittsburgh.

The Pittsburgh Thugs lost and will be out for blood next week, especially after watching Bengals tape.

I think Joe B goes down next week!

(Again, hope I'm wrong. Expect the worse hope for the best.)
Reply/Quote
We lost a game we should have won. We will be in 3rd place likely going into next week (remember both the Stealers and Rats while also 1-1 got their win in conference while we did not).

The issue with the backs and TEs not blocking their assignments is a must fix and must fix immediately even if it means benching Mixon.

Also the game plan today was baffling to say the least. A blitzing offense and they went 5 wide constantly (and got burned a lot doing it). Also after saying there were going to operate more under center they went shotgun a LOT. And also they waited WAY too long to do the obvious - mass protect and throw deep. When they did it it worked.

And yes Burrow looked terrible today. The game was decided on his idiotic pick six, he missed a wide open Higgins on an easier play (plus Higgins dropped a TD). In fact all three INTs were mental errors on Burrow. This is not what we were supposed to get with a 1OA pick - by now even with the injury last season he should be essentially mistake free.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:11 PM)Destro Wrote: After the game the Steelers just had,  I'd say get the cart ready.

Steelers suffered some potentially impactful injuries in that game.  Watt, Johnson, Juju.......  I think Ben might be done for real this time.  I don't think he's agin to get better as the season wears on.  Their o-line s as bad as ours.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not the coaches out there missing blocks, fumbling the football, throwing interceptions and getting stupid penalties. Anyone still want to complain about how much we paid Gio, because now that he is gone he is sorely missed.

I'll be blunt - with Gio back there we win this game. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:14 PM)Tony Wrote: They are Homer's lol.. obviously

I don't think that's what Coach Booth is talking about!

He thinks they're still going to the playoffs!  Cool
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:13 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Needed a win here so that a 3-1 start, and something close to 8-9 or 9-8 final record. was possible. Best case now is 7-10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh, maybe the football gods will give us a few breaks next week and we can somehow get out of Pitt with a W.  Then we're in good shape for a 3-1 September.  Hope springs eternal.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:14 PM)Tony Wrote: They are Homer's lol.. obviously

Right, if you don’t say the season is over after game 2 of a 1-1 season you’re a homer.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: JuJu hurt on the final and meaningless play of the game. Tomlin just walks away.

JuJu is just being proactive to getting his Bell rung again next week. Figured he'd beat him to it.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:15 PM)Joelist Wrote: And yes Burrow looked terrible today. The game was decided on his idiotic pick six, he missed a wide open Higgins on an easier play (plus Higgins dropped a TD). In fact all three INTs were mental errors on Burrow. This is not what we were supposed to get with a 1OA pick - by now even with the injury last season he should be essentially mistake free.

Wtf. What QB is mistake free? Did you not see Aaron Rodgers last week or some of Tom Bradys games last year? Burrow was definitely dog shit but to say the expectation is mistake free football because he's played like 12 games is silly. 
Reply/Quote