Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals***
(09-17-2023, 05:34 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: Zac Taylor is 1-9 starting off seasons first 2 games in last 5 years. Tells you all you need to know.

It is going to come back and bite him n the ass this year. The teams are never prepared for the season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:34 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think Taylor didn't have the guts to sign Burrow to a contract and sit him for 4-6 weeks though. I agree on the culture of suiting up injured guys, Taylor looked at the contract the wrong way - Chase was looking at it the right way. Joe is always going to say he wants to play. Yeah, we're worse off right now than if he sat and we lost these.

Yeah quite possibly. I certainly place responsibility on Zac's shoulders here like you say. Sit the franchise until he's ready, that's our best bet. We can't win it all if he can't play. I'd far rather we put ourselves in a hole and rely on a healthy Burrow from say week 4 onwards, than where we are now. Of course, the question would then be 'when would Burrow definitely be ready' which is a fair one. I certainly can agree there's a limit on how long a Head Coach would be willing to sit the franchise QB and put his own job on the line. I just completely disagree with going all in for week 1, which is what we did do by playing an injured QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: You can’t play him and risk an Achilles injury. The calf has had months to heal and hasn’t. You think it will by next week?

There’s 275 million reasons why you don’t.

You think this calf strain is going to be career ending? The question to play him vs not isn’t a money question. His cap hit went up but it’s manageable this year. So the question is an 80% burrow better than a 100% browning. The answer is obvious. If browning started today we lose 27-3.

Starting joe is absolutely the right choice. We can afford going 0-4 while joe heals. I guarantee our record would be better after 4 games with Joe in vs waiting to come back. We’re playing for the #1 seed. Anything else is a wasted year. Starting browning for 2-4 games would be season ending year, for our aspirations.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:34 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think Taylor didn't have the guts to sign Burrow to a contract and sit him for 4-6 weeks though. I agree on the culture of suiting up injured guys, Taylor looked at the contract the wrong way - Chase was looking at it the right way. Joe is always going to say he wants to play. Yeah, we're worse off right now than if he sat and we lost these.

The Browns signed Watson to that contract, knowing he was not going to be playing for awhile and add in he is a d-bag. Burrow was signed as the face today and tomorrow of the franchise. Got to sit him for a few weeks? So be it. Contact is a front office issue. Gameday is the coaches/
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:56 PM)Destro Wrote: The Browns signed Watson to that contract, knowing he was not going to be playing for awhile and add in he is a d-bag. Burrow was signed as the face today and tomorrow of the franchise. Got to sit him for a few weeks? So be it. Contact is a front office issue. Gameday is the coaches/

yes, so it's Zac's fault indeed. Even being a QB himself he still can't/couldn't tell.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:07 PM)Housh Wrote: Dude just led 2 drives at the end

I know, the second to last one I even texted my group chat about it, but what about the rest of the game? Is it solely playcalling? I know that’s part of it. With the talent the Bengals have, something’s definitely rotten in the state of Denmark here
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 07:55 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: I know, the second to last one I even texted my group chat about it, but what about the rest of the game? Is it solely playcalling? I know that’s part of it. With the talent the Bengals have, something’s definitely rotten in the state of Denmark here

They were much more talented last year on defense than they are this year.  Losing Bates and Bell were tremendous losses and Murphy, so far, hasn't given the Bengals defensive anything nothing so far.  I am surprised that Hill and Reader aren't getting more of a push than they are.....
I'm not concerned with Burrow and the offense, but I'm terribly concerned about the defense.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals just can’t figure out the offensive line and the defensive line. We can’t run the ball effectively and protest our QB and we can’t stop the run or pressure the other guys QB. Why is it so difficult for the bengals, yet every other team we play has it figured out.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:36 PM)Timanky12 Wrote: The Bengals just can’t figure out the offensive line and the defensive line. We can’t run the ball effectively and protest our QB and we can’t stop the run or pressure the other guys QB.  Why is it so difficult for the bengals, yet every other team we play has it figured out.

We CAN protest our QB, if we want to!! How many of us will?
Reply/Quote