Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 2 GameDay Thread - Ravens @ Bengals***
Oh good the chunky lawyer pretending to be an athlete is back.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 01:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Completely disagree.  He clearly couldn't hold the ball last week, and his lack of scrambling made it evident the leg is not 100%.

If you think the contract had 0% mental affect on him or the team, don't know what to tell you. Yes obviously the rain played a factor also. He needs the underdog mentality again to have to prove it, it may just have been 1 game to get over it, he did just sign the contract a couple days before the game started. He's still human lol. How would you react if you signed a 260 million dollar contract? Lol. Kinda hard to feel like an underdog being the highest paid player in the league. It had at least 1% affect lol and is hopefully gone by now.
Reply/Quote
I'm happy the game ain't here.  It's not only raining cats and dogs it's lion prides and wolf packs.. Good thing I have a woodshop in case I need an ark.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If Burrow is his usual self we are favored here.....if he does what he did last week we have no chance.
Reply/Quote
Harbaugh won’t let Zac get a word in edgewise.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
In for the win. Also in Maryland, so I don't need to here Ravens fans squawking all week. Let's get this win.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Hendrickson and the pass rush need to be living in their backfield today. They have 2 pretty good starting O lineman out so no excuses for not harassing Lamar all day.
Reply/Quote
Orlando Brown and DJ Reader are game day captains

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 01:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: If Burrow is his usual self we are favored here.....if he does what he did last week we have no chance.

Last week they might have struggled to score against a top five college defense. It was bizarre.

Reply/Quote
The crowd is excited.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 01:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: If Burrow is his usual self we are favored here.....if he does what he did last week we have no chance.

I predict a good scripted 1st drive and then a battle until the end.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 01:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If you think the contract had 0% mental affect on him or the team, don't know what to tell you. Yes obviously the rain played a factor also. He needs the underdog mentality again to have to prove it, it may just have been 1 game to get over it, he did just sign the contract a couple days before the game started. He's still human lol. How would you react if you signed a 260 million dollar contract? Lol. Kinda hard to feel like an underdog being the highest paid player in the league. It had at least 1% affect lol and is hopefully gone by now.

Joe is a slow starter, he was rusty as well. It is what it is.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 01:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If you think the contract had 0% mental affect on him or the team, don't know what to tell you. Yes obviously the rain played a factor also. He needs the underdog mentality again to have to prove it, it may just have been 1 game to get over it, he did just sign the contract a couple days before the game started. He's still human lol. How would you react if you signed a 260 million dollar contract? Lol. Kinda hard to feel like an underdog being the highest paid player in the league. It had at least 1% affect lol.

Knowing that getting to and winning the SB pays me even more, I'd be 100% focused.  But it was 100% evident that he was not 100% healthy.
Reply/Quote
Really like deferring here
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati electing to defer in a change to last years run

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Chad, AJ and Chase would make for an entertaining group session.
Reply/Quote
Okay, D up first.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 01:27 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: How did you reply? Cool

Something to the effect of "I'm tired and I'm going to bed.  Good luck."
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
No 1st down on the first play. We win this.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 02:02 PM)jj22 Wrote: Cincinnati electing to defer in a change to last years run

I've always preferred to defer.
Reply/Quote