Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Week 3 Bengals vs. Rams Predictions
(09-22-2023, 04:18 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I predicted 2 wins the last 2 weeks and we lost both times so I ain't predicting shit this week.

predict a loss then
Reply/Quote
We miss Von Bell and Hayden Hurst. I hope some dudes step up.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 04:21 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Wouldn't logic dictate you should predict a loss this week, then?  C'mon, the team is counting on you  ThumbsUp   

(09-23-2023, 07:45 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: predict a loss then

Great minds and such.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 04:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Also, I am going to throw this hot take out there...the Colts beat the Ravens this week.

Looks like you’re prophetic — maybe. They are going to overtime.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 05:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Looks like you’re prophetic — maybe.  They are going to overtime.

1-1 this week boys. Bengals will win too. GET ON BOARD!!!
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 04:00 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Also, I am going to throw this hot take out there...the Colts beat the Ravens this week.

I'm gonna need some lottery numbers.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Good job.

What a kicker the Colts have. Four FGs over 50 yards. And Tucker tried a 61-yarder for the win, right down the middle, and looked like the winning FG, but short. Then Harbaugh was afraid to try another long one later in overtime.

One of the few times I've see the Ravens get hosed on a call. That was clear pass interference on 4th down. If they got that call, Tucker would have been able to try and win it, rather than give a short field to the Colts to win it. 
Reply/Quote
I’m not going to predict a score for the Bengals-Rams game but I will prognosticate this: The game will be a total blowout. I’m just not sure in which direction. While the Rams clearly are not the Super Bowl team they were two years ago, the Bengals might be even worse. I have seen near zero physical play from Cincinnati all year especially in the trenches. If Frank Pollack doesn’t shore up the offensive line in the next 24 hours, Aaron Donald is going to feast all night on a diet of quarterback and running back.
Reply/Quote
Yeah it’s scary watching the Browns defense and how much energy they have compared to anyone on our team.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 05:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah it’s scary watching the Browns defense and how much energy they have compared to anyone on our team.

Desean played well today too. Id rather not see that. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 05:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah it’s scary watching the Browns defense and how much energy they have compared to anyone on our team.

Yes indeed, and rep for you!

Energy. That’s what’s missing in the Cincinnati defense and I’m not certain Lou Anarumo has an answer yet. It’s one thing to get into position to make defensive plays but the best defenses do this with alacrity and purpose. Maybe the Bengals are missing the physical presence of Von Bell.
Reply/Quote
With Burrow

Bengals 21
Rams 20

Without Burrow

Rams 27
Bengals 13
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 06:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes indeed, and rep for you!

Energy. That’s what’s missing in the Cincinnati defense and I’m not certain Lou Anarumo has an answer yet. It’s one thing to get into position to make defensive plays but the best defenses do this with alacrity and purpose. Maybe the Bengals are missing the physical presence of Von Bell.

Love me some VB

The Bengals just aren’t the same

I thought Bates was overrated but perhaps I underestimated their synergy.
Reply/Quote

Well, you called this one!!
Reply/Quote

Browns D was all the place today and hitting like the steelers do.  I cant recall the bengals D ever being that in charge
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2023, 03:37 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I really think the first two weeks of AFC North football is going to go a long way in helping the Bengals against the Rams. I think the Bengals will out physical and punish the Rams in more ways than one.

To me, this team should win regardless of who starts at QB this week. If we truly have a top 5 NFL roster like many said we did at the beginning of the year, then it shouldn't matter...we should still beat the Rams even if Browning starts. I think the defense steps up big this game with a more "limited" QB in Stafford. No scrambling element this week. ZT and Brian Callahan - you want to show off your offensive coaching mind/chops, well here is your chance. Score me some points with a back up QB ala Kyle Shannahan.

20 - 10 Bengals.

I predict the Bengals will be 0-3 and the draft talk starts.Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Think the defense rises up finally and plays well and McPhearson has a 4 FG day.

Atwell finds the end zone twice for the Rams though but the

Bengals find a way to win with a total team effort by the score of 26-20

Tiger

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Game plan for a limited QB, either Burrow or Browning, will be run heavy and low scoring with defense still playing bend don’t break. Money Mac with a walk off FG at the end of regulation Bengals win 23 - 20.
Reply/Quote

steelers defense looks scary too unfortunately
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2023, 11:45 PM)Trademark Wrote: steelers defense looks scary too unfortunately

Yes they do look, what's the word? prepared... where the Bengals look unprepared and as though they aren't sure who covers who. Steelers, Browns and Ravens look hungry to win where we look like we are just going thru the motions. And that's just our division. Bell and Bates missed that much? Other teams seem to get replacements and don't seem to struggle like we do. I thought Lou was the mad scientist with schemes and adjustments?

Unless Bengals turn it around Monday could easily be 0-3 looking at a long season. Rams could easily put 35pts on the board. QB situation iffy not only for Mon night but rest of season. I feel a lot of 3 and outs coming again. D will be gassed again. Rams 31-14.
Reply/Quote