Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
***Week 3 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Bills***
(09-22-2019, 05:46 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Anybody already figure out potential Draft Tie-Breakers if Dolphins, Jest and Bengals all go 0-16 or is it just a coin toss.

Believe it SOS.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess these people left the room every time Allen made big plays under pressure...

You’d think every other team has 5 all pros across their OL the way some here act

And the absolute worst part is, Dalton played well enough to get the team back in the game, so that means he's starting again next week. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: If THAT's what he said then he needs to be fired. They are 0-3 because they can't block, can't tackle and largely can't cover. 

Agreed. You don't get 0 1st downs in a half because you haven't gotten breaks.

Honestly, poor coaching has been a theme of these games.

Our offense is woefully predictable with bad playcalling. 3rd and 10 they throw a 1 yard WR screen.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:47 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Believe it iis SOS.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It's beyond ridiculous to say that if you can get 2 hands on the ball, it's catchable. 

Think about that for a few minutes and if you need me to explain why it's ridiculous, get back with me. 

I'm not arguing what lost the game. 

What i'm saying is, the QB had the game in his hands to win, and he couldn't get the job done from the red zone. 

Did you notice that the Bills QB drove his team down the field for the go ahead touchdown after his defense gave up a 14 pt lead?

Two hands on a football is catchable. Any coach will tell you the exact same thing. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:43 PM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Steelers might win against the Niners. Bottom of the division we goooo

I'm opposed to competing with them for the first pick of the draft so I kind of hope they win..not to mention my utter disgust of anything with the numbers 4 and 9 in them especially when they're on football helmets. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Loser talk. Same kind of mentality that kept Marvin our HC for 16 years.

and kept Mikey here for three decades...

[Image: circus.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's the bottom line.

Hiring Taylor AND an inexperienced staff...which is showing in these games. Only 1 team in the league would do that. The right move would have been to bring in Del Rio to coach the defense. Then, add a capable LB and another 1 or 2 guys like Saffold. Send the message that we want to win now.

And DON'T draft a blocking TE in the 2nd Round.

Taylor had them damn close to being 2-1. Dalton had the chance to make 2 game winning drives and has come up short both times.

But by all means keep blaming the coaching.

SF is the only game I put on Taylor so far.

Reply/Quote
Steelers with 2 early picks of Janine Garafalo. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's the bottom line.

Hiring Taylor AND an inexperienced staff...which is showing in these games. Only 1 team in the league would do that. The right move would have been to bring in Del Rio to coach the defense. Then, add a capable LB and another 1 or 2 guys like Saffold. Send the message that we want to win now.

And DON'T draft a blocking TE in the 2nd Round.

Whoaaaa I remember some on here trying to defend the brilliance of selecting Sample in the second round. And if you criticized it, well you clearly didn’t understand football or what the new coach was trying to do.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:47 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Believe it SOS.

Just realized we play both, so 1-15
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:45 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: But you don't realize there were no free agents that were going to help the Bengals. LOL

Indeed. The 22 guys the Bills added in free agency made them worse.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: If THAT's what he said then he needs to be fired. They are 0-3 because they can't block, can't tackle and largely can't cover. 

And because our QB isn’t even clutch on Sunday afternoons anymore.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:33 PM)pally Wrote: <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Zac Taylor screaming in locker room “we haven’t gotten ONE break all year. Gave ourselves a chance to win. It’s coming, I promise you”</p>&mdash; Gary Miller (@Local12Gary) <a href="https://twitter.com/Local12Gary/status/1175868916012408832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 22, 2019</a></blockquote>

Meh, I hope there was more context to that because that just looks like blaming fate and passing the buck and making excuses.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The defense was basically conceding throws over the middle to kill clock...and bam that throw.

Was it catchable? Maybe. But it wasn't a great throw.

Andy just doesn't seem to be clutch.

If Andy Dalton was a car, he would have no clutch, but he would have an extra choke. 

I think i'll use that for a thread. 

Wait, i'll give that to you to use as a thread.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Taylor had them damn close to being 2-1. Dalton had the chance to make 2 game winning drives and has come up short both times.

But by all means keep blaming the coaching.

SF is the only game I put on Taylor so far.

It absolutely is coaching. Teams have gashed us on the ground the past 2 games.

Our offensive playcalling was questionable the last 3 games. Today it was terrible at times.

3rd and 10 and they do a 1 yard WR screen.
Reply/Quote

You’ve been defending Dalton to the tooth for 72 years yet you want Taylor fired after his 3rd game for making a correct statement?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, I hope there was more context to that because that just looks like blaming fate and passing the buck and making excuses.

That’s the answer! MAAAAAGIC!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:51 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If Andy Dalton was a car, he would have no clutch, but he would have an extra choke. 

I think i'll use that for a thread. 

Wait, i'll give that to you to use as a thread.  Cool

People might say I'm negative if I used that.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 05:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Two hands on a football is catchable. Any coach will tell you the exact same thing. 

Still dosent make it solely the receivers fault. So a 6’5” WR that has to jump up to catch a wide open short pass is not on the QB at all?
Reply/Quote